Hi-Metal R

joppewo

They seem to have fixed those, despite ignoring that it was completely wrong on all of the Hikaru 1J releases. :p

As far as landing gear go, the big question is, do you want display-worthy landing gear, or pop out wheels like you see on the old Joke Machines?

I don't know if I'm sold on the M&M set yet, guess it'll depend on how hard they are to order. I'd probably display them without the packs anyway.

...Except, ohhh wait, Bandai doesn't include the bare fighter mode stand with the super versions... <_<

Edited by Chronocidal

Is there any indication that both Max and Milia will be released at the same time? I'm only asking as the majority of the images are of Max's VF-1J.

Perhaps Milia's will be a later release?

Edited by RDX17

Agreed. I don't know if my wallet can hand both M&M at once.

I'm kind of bummed there hasn't been a Destroid preorder yet. I'm glad to be getting all the Valks, but we already have the 1A CF & TV 1J Hiks... now a 1J Max... damn! Give us a Destroid or a TV Queadluun Rau or a male armor or something. Spread out the Valks.

I'm kind of bummed there hasn't been a Destroid preorder yet. I'm glad to be getting all the Valks, but we already have the 1A CF & TV 1J Hiks... now a 1J Max... damn! Give us a Destroid or a TV Queadluun Rau or a male armor or something. Spread out the Valks.

Did you miss the Monster preorder?

Agreed. I don't know if my wallet can hand both M&M at once.

Preorder of Destroid happened a month and a half ago IIRC.

But don't fret. Amiami still has it for preorder. Good luck.

But weren't you talking about the lack of enemy valks within the HMR lineup?

No, I was saying that it wasn't all 1/60 sized enemy mecha that have been unsuccessful, the transformable stuff released has sold like the SV-51's were made as were the 27's (though I imagine the Protodevlin stuff wouldn't have been successful.). And to be fair the only other example are the Max and Milia Queadluun Rau's which weren't great (and weren't enemy mecha) and a Massive DIY Regult.

Is there any indication that both Max and Milia will be released at the same time? I'm only asking as the majority of the images are of Max's VF-1J.

Perhaps Milia's will be a later release?

If all you see is pricing and date for Max , then it's a good indication that Milia will not be releasing at the same time .

I wouldn't be surprised if Milia is a web exclusive and comes with a display stand .

Larger scale = perfect transformation but enemy and larger mecha is almost nonexistent. HMR scale = a compromise in some parts to transformation but enemy and larger mecha is a reality. Yeah I'll settle for HMR's size and transformation.

Well, non-valk enemy mecha....

I was talking about the lack of enemy mecha in larger scale, specifically from SDFM and DYRL compared to HMR. jvmacross helped to point out that there are potential HMR releases from Macross Zero.

No, I was saying that it wasn't all 1/60 sized enemy mecha that have been unsuccessful, the transformable stuff released has sold like the SV-51's were made as were the 27's (though I imagine the Protodevlin stuff wouldn't have been successful.). And to be fair the only other example are the Max and Milia Queadluun Rau's which weren't great (and weren't enemy mecha) and a Massive DIY Regult.

I don't know what this is in response to.

The next three releases after the Monster are more damn VF-1s. You can do better than that, Bandai.

Bandai would probably look at sales and wonder why so many more people buy vf1 toys but act like the Glaug and Monster, which comparatively few buy, are said to be what everyone wants.

What's left of main non-VF-1 mecha from SDFM and DYRL? The Q-Raus, N-Gers, variant Regults, DYRL Regults, and the 4 Destroids. The Regult, Glaug, and Monster have been taken care of so far. The spacing out is decent. I'm sure that something from the list of remaining non-VF-1 mecha will come out after these few VF-1 releases.

If all you see is pricing and date for Max , then it's a good indication that Milia will not be releasing at the same time .

I wouldn't be surprised if Milia is a web exclusive and comes with a display stand .

Very good to know. Thanks for that!

Why does Bandai always release their prioducts in the same freaking order? They already did Hikaru, Focker and Max ... why can't they start with Millia for a change? If Max does not sell well, then we will never get the Millia version, just like last time ...

Why does Bandai always release their prioducts in the same freaking order? They already did Hikaru, Focker and Max ... why can't they start with Millia for a change? If Max does not sell well, then we will never get the Millia version, just like last time ...

its basic marketing, always open with you star product.

They will get us hooked and wanting to collect them all, like the pokemons XD

Bandai would probably look at sales and wonder why so many more people buy vf1 toys but act like the Glaug and Monster, which comparatively few buy, are said to be what everyone wants.

I don't think following forum posts here is the most reliable method of determining what to release, since by that metric Max and Miria are the most popular schemes in the history of mecha and Arcadia is stupid not to reissue them and Bandai clearly should have released them first.

Nor do I care what this vague "everyone" wants or says they want. I know what I want, and it's not yet another repaint of an inferior VF-1 toy, which I already have plenty of.

I can't fault Bandai for releasing what sells, however. But then by that same token, we can't bitch about Arcadia's releases and reissues either, since they're just going by what they think will sell.

And if we can't bitch about toy releases, then we've taken away most of the reasons why this place exists. :p

I will probably buy both the m and m's (I did buy the tv 1j, even though I said I wouldn't), but I'd be way more excited if it were the q rau set, or maybe even more excited if it were the vf22 set.

I'm feeling tired of vf1 after vf1.

Why are the top part of fast packs and the bottom part of the leg armor white? In which universe did this colour scheme appear?

Bandai Macross universe

I was planning to PO this one but was surprised what the local store was asking, I really miss last year Yen exchange rate.

Go back one page. I'd argue it was just lighting in the scene but I also thinks it's nice to get a different take.

The problem is you see the white at the backs of the leg packs on Milia's Red valk so it isn't just lighting, however there's a scene inbetween those two that shows the missile and leg packs being all a single Blue or Red color. The White at the back of the leg packs does balance against the white on the missile portions on the backpack though.

Edited by Mommar

I've been looking forward to this release since Bandai first teased the original HMR diorama a year-and-a-half back. I don't mind the color changes to the fast packs and super parts, either—they don't seem hateful to me. Rather, they look to be a playful way for Bandai to set these apart from the Yamato releases. I'm not surprised that there is also an animation cell that appears to back it up.

So, I'm in for both Max and Milia's Valkyrie (I just need that pre-order date for Milia's). ;)