Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I tried a quick search on google and YouTube for glaug using its claws and came up with nothing useful, mostly pics of miniatures from the robotech game or various Macross battle videos mostly with no glaug in sight. If any one is rewatching the show and comes across it maybe give a clip or episode number. It's been about 3 years since my last watching.

Episode #35 when Kamjin steals an engine for his ship from a factory. He uses the Glaug feet-claws to pick up the engine.

Moments before his Christmas attack Minmay gets a bad feeling and drops a pineapple. Once again reinforcing the evil omen of the pineapple.

Episode #35 when Kamjin steals an engine for his ship from a factory. He uses the Glaug feet-claws to pick up the engine.

Moments before his Christmas attack Minmay gets a bad feeling and drops a pineapple. Once again reinforcing the evil omen of the pineapple.

Thanks Roy and Big s. Now watching this episode.

Very cool! Thanks for that! I couldn't remember seeing the claws in action.

Anyone planning to recreate the glaug antenna with 3d printing for when they inevitably break? I'm packing up to move, and one of them is missing due to packing so I only have one left and its intact, but who knows how long.

Alternately, anyone buy 3-4 glaugs and want to sell a spare antenna?

Got my Glaug in today; 2 weeks plus a day via SAL, not bad. Saw the toy box inside the shipping box and thought "This can't be right, everyone on MW has been saying how big it is, then I opened it and beheld the toy all hunched over in its cradle -- almost like it's in a fetal position -- and had to smile; it is indeed nicely sized, and beautiful to look at, with plenty of articulation (although I wish some of the joints were a bit tighter, but they hold their positions well enough). Like many here, I also think that the red plastic used is a bit too saturated... it's almost a neon red. Minor nitpicks aside, I'm very happy with it.

Pro-tip on getting the antenna to go into its slot without drama: bevel the tip of the pin all around with a needle file or sanding stick to give yourself a lead-in for insertion (just a tiny bit is enough... all you need is to soften the pin's tip) , and mind the orientation of the pin's D shape to make sure it lines up with the hole in the canopy. Do this is and the antenna will slot right in perfectly.

Why is there no Hikaru TV version in the VF-1S? He does fly it for over 20 episodes.

And I wonder if we get Q-Raus. I just realized that for Max to ride the Q-Rau in DYRL, he would have to have been grown to Zentraedi size.

Edited by arbit

Why is there no Hikaru TV version in the VF-1S? He does fly it for over 20 episodes.

And I wonder if we get Q-Raus. I just realized that for Max to ride the Q-Rau in DYRL, he would have to have been grown to Zentraedi size.

Patience, sir. All will be revealed when the right time comes. ;)

Remember this DYRL scene? He was already in Zentran/Meltran size. ;)

image.jpg

Did they include those baby claws under HM-R Glaug's feet?

Edited by no3ljm

I just realized that for Max to ride the Q-Rau in DYRL, he would have to have been grown to Zentraedi size.

In another 32 years I wonder what other realizations will come to mind. For instance did they have time to modify a Metran flight suit to remove the boobs or did they simply stuff his suit with padding. LOL!

Edited by sharky

In another 32 years I wonder what other realizations will come to mind. For instance did they have time to modify a Metran flight suit to remove the boobs or did they simply stuff his suit with padding. LOL!

Good point.