Hi-Metal R

joppewo

The Glaug is a solid toy. But it's available everywhere. Was it priced too high? All the other hmr were sold out.

i think that may be the reason, that makes me wonder if the MK II will be sold out or not when released.

The regult wasn't sold out immediately, in fact, our Japanese members might still be seeing it in some places. As the old logic goes, Japanese toy purchasers tend not to go for enemy mecha. The glaug was doubly risky in that a person willing to buy one regult was likely doing a display of some sort and so they easily be convinced to buy a second or third regult. I just can't imagine more than a handful of people feeling they need two or more glaugs. The price was also a consideration and some people were bound to feel they just needed regults for their display.

The Monster release has the benefit of being a good guy mecha but otherwise suffers from the 'maybe one' dilemma as well as the high price and large size. I can only hope Bandai has been adjusting supply accordingly.

isnt it the same as regults? I remembered someone said regults were easily seen in B&M shops in Japan months after its release (but maybe they eventually sold out now?)

But I do agree that people who bought multiple regults may not have the same motivation to purchase multiple glaugs...due to its size / price maybe?

Yeah the Glaug is s bit bigger than the regults. Maybe also people don't army build officer pods.

I have to admit that the large size of the monster is a factor. Also the price.

Do you guys think it'll have ratcheting guns? If it's ball pegs they'll droop over time. They arms and legs look like they'll be ratchet joints since the regult and glaug had them.

About to get my display started, i am probably going to end up buying a Stage Act 5 3 pack either way, but would people here prefer that or the trident for your HMR's?

I was thinking of doing the trident with a couple Regults and that would of course free up my Regult stands for a couple valks.

Anyone get their entire setup yet?

Mine doesn't either. Neither did the regult.

It looks like it could but it doesn't

Premium toy cheap stands

Bandai wants us to buy that launcher stand and the Zentraedi ship stand

Bandai needs to hurry up and release these stands if they are in fact going to release them. I don't recall seeing any kind of teaser yet for them other then the displays at the toy shows. As more time passes I'm starting to think they were just done for the display. I hope I'm wrong.

Bandai needs to hurry up and release these stands if they are in fact going to release them. I don't recall seeing any kind of teaser yet for them other then the displays at the toy shows. As more time passes I'm starting to think they were just done for the display. I hope I'm wrong.

You mean this?

Edited by arbit

Hey all, dumb question...: is it safe to flat topcoat these HMR's with Krylon top coat or Mr Super Clear? I'm thinking of sticking some extra zentraedi decals I have on my glaug

Hey all, dumb question...: is it safe to flat topcoat these HMR's with Krylon top coat or Mr Super Clear? I'm thinking of sticking some extra zentraedi decals I have on my glaug

It's safe. The only thing you'll worry is that the more you're going to move this afterwards, the more it has chances of getting the flat top coat chipped. Esp on the joints and contact point areas.

They should totally package those stands with releases they don't expect to sell well because those stands are nice.

yeah thats what I thought too, but after 3 x VF-1 DYRL releases (1J GBP, 1S Hikaru, 1S Roy) and still no stand? last immediate hope would be the CF 1A ...maybe theyll bundled it with 1A Max/Hikaru or re-releases or with ostrich / elintseeker?...but for sure it will take time since next in line would be Hikaru / Max / Miriya TV 1J's...

I'm afraid to try to remove the guns at the rear on the regult and haven't heard of anyone doing it yet. I like the regult enough that if they do release the variants I would buy them all even the recolor for the movie.

They pop right off and back on, no big woop. The Glaug's gun pops off and on too. I had a brief hope that they'd be interchangeable, but the anchoring mechanism for the Glaug cannon is much more substantial, (as it ought to be).

No updated until now of the DX VF-1J.

DX VF-1J? The 1/35? If there was, it will be on its proper thread. The links provided by Pedro2k6 was months ago. And they were just talking about that stands that the HM-R used on those toy show.

hi guys a quick question , in glaug .. it have a claw at the feet? do you know the purpose of those claw?

I think it's for holding onto capital ships have clampbars. Like the nu Gundam has little claws on the bottom of its feet to hold onto capital ships since there's no gravity. They show it for the Gundam on the instructions. These designs were contemporary so it's not uncommon for them to copy designs. Or for a grip to recoil of the cannon on top. Or for catapult off the run way? I'm not a guru.

Edited by beatsing

I think it's for holding onto capital ships have clampbars. Like the nu Gundam has little claws on the bottom of its feet to hold onto capital ships since there's no gravity. They show it for the Gundam on the instructions. These designs were contemporary so it's not uncommon for them to copy designs. Or for a grip to recoil of the cannon on top. Or for catapult off the run way? I'm not a guru.

I still like the baby Regult egg theory better hehe.

but there's none of it on regult wonder why?

It's safe. The only thing you'll worry is that the more you're going to move this afterwards, the more it has chances of getting the flat top coat chipped. Esp on the joints and contact point areas.

Thanks no3ljm!

Sorry bub but I don't remember exactly which episode it was, but I remember some kind of container that the glaug was next to and the claws grabbed it then it took off. I wish I could remember why or which episode.

The glaug if I remember correctly (I'm gettin old) never used the claws for grabbing onto ships, I think the whole claw use was an extreme rarity.