Hi-Metal R

joppewo

No the USPS lost to Canada Post!!!!

12:53pm My Glaug has arrived in town. If I'm lucky they'll be able to delivery it to my local post office and get to me by tomorrow.

It's hit or miss with Canada post as well recently because of delays at the Vancouver center. I think they are all caught up now.

It looks like there is a cavity in the middle of the joint. You could get a piece of brass rod of suitable diameter and fill the rest of the cavity with araldite. I think it is repairable!

Someone get him the link for repairing with wire.

Came back from the post office, just opened my Glaug.

First impression: it's big (as seen in online pics)!! It's very detailed with nice, tight and ratcheted joints.

My copy is covered in oil, that oozes out from the joints :angry:

Sooo, I was trying to get the Focker flying as high as possible

IMG_7359_zpslocyompp.jpg

so I could set it up like this,

IMG_7355_zpsd8rrbtdo.jpg

but then this happened.

IMG_7366_zpse7sthi5y.jpg

Ouch!

That totally sucks, man.

A bit ironic since the very thing that made it an expensive "TW Exclusive" is also the cause of that fatal shelf-dive.

Long shot, but do hope you can contact Bandai and they be generous enough to cost-free replace your Roy.

Came back from the post office, just opened my Glaug.

First impression: it's big (as seen in online pics)!! It's very detailed with nice, tight and ratcheted joints.

My copy is covered in oil, that oozes out from the joints :angry:

Oil???

You need to wipe it down with cloth. sometimes there is oil from the manufacturing process. I've seen this on the Chogokin paint finish as well.

Oil???

Yes like mold release. The knee joints were very dirty and there was some more oil on the feet.

Used baby wipes and now my Glaug is clean.

The same hapened with my Yamato DYRL? VF-1A cannon fodder.

Got mine today.

Tracking info said it arrive just prior to 6am at my local Post Office. This usually means it might be too late to get on the truck for the day's delivery. I checked online again at 11am. Status said delivery to Office. Nothing in Tracking info said out for the delivery. I was here and I live close to the mail box but the Mailman is too lazy to go to someone's door.

I need to examine it some more to give my opinion on it. Not instantly impressed as I was when first touch the Regult.

Review - Not of the Glaug but the Stands.

Stands are nice to have but these kind of suck. The Regult's stand is too low. You can't stand the Regult to its maximum height with it. There isn't enough ground to air clearance room if you try to pose it in various flight moves. The VF-1's stand has more height the stand isn't strong enough to support creative posing. The Glaug suffers from some the same problems as the Regult. I know the 2 supporting arms are suppose to aide in flight poses but it just too awkward to work with. The stands keep the toys from falling over as long as keep them in 1 or 2 basic poses. Which makes the articulation of the stands useless and dangerous.

Next month is the Macross Monster truck show.

The Glaug's head doesn't seem to swivel much. Is that right? Don't want to force it.

Mine doesn't either. Neither did the regult.

It looks like it could but it doesn't

Review - Not of the Glaug but the Stands.

Stands are nice to have but these kind of suck. The Regult's stand is too low. You can't stand the Regult to its maximum height with it. There isn't enough ground to air clearance room if you try to pose it in various flight moves. The VF-1's stand has more height the stand isn't strong enough to support creative posing. The Glaug suffers from some the same problems as the Regult. I know the 2 supporting arms are suppose to aide in flight poses but it just too awkward to work with. The stands keep the toys from falling over as long as keep them in 1 or 2 basic poses. Which makes the articulation of the stands useless and dangerous.

Next month is the Macross Monster truck show.

Premium toy cheap stands

Bandai wants us to buy that launcher stand and the Zentraedi ship stand

I love the Glaug, can't keep my hands off it. I'm thinking of getting another one, I need one for my office!!

What a fun toy!!! In my case I'm more impressed than I was when I first handled the Regult (which is a great toy too)!!

Sculpt and proportions are awesome. Superb fit and nice sattin finish. The Hi Metal Glaug feels like a yamato/arcadia macross toy (in a good way).

Now I need TV/DYRL Queadluun Rau and Nousjadeul Ger.

Sooo, I was trying to get the Focker flying as high as possible

IMG_7359_zpslocyompp.jpg

so I could set it up like this,

IMG_7355_zpsd8rrbtdo.jpg

but then this happened.

IMG_7366_zpse7sthi5y.jpg

Sheesh. Had the same issue with my SV-51 Ivanov. The plastic was brittle as hell at the swivel hip joints for gerwalk pose.

Hope you'll get it replaced. Seems like on yours, there is a hole that goes thru the middle section. That cant be right, as that part is supposed to be solid.

if like to see that also!

Someone get him the link for repairing with wire.

The basic idea for repairing that broken limb is you get thin wire (0.5mm to 1mm depending on need), drill a hole in both sides of the broken piece with a micro drill, super glue both sides together, and you get a strong new connection with the help of the wire. As Garfinkle mentioned, you can also fill the rest of the cavity first before your drill.

Just gotta know what your doing with the glue to make sure you don't spill everywhere, so use a toothpick or something. I had a small spillage of super glue recently on a part and I was able to clean it up with toothpaste polish after it dried a bit.

Filling it like that may prevent the swivel of the joint. There may be a way of get a piece that could fit fixed on one end and maybe have a wider top to lock it in place keeping the joint action. It's possible some one with far better experience on these fixes could figure it out.

Yes like mold release. The knee joints were very dirty and there was some more oil on the feet.

Used baby wipes and now my Glaug is clean.

The same hapened with my Yamato DYRL? VF-1A cannon fodder.

i've only ever ahd that problem on dx chogokins (several of their releases were notorious for this and it cuaseed issues with their paint adhesion, but they've since corrected that issue man y many releases ago) but i've never opened my vf-1a dyrl version.

I wonder if the Regult variants will be sold as extra attachment packs, or entirely new Regults.

The guns on the head of my Regult, where missiles might go, don't seem to come off, and not planning to force them.

Edited by arbit

I love the Glaug, can't keep my hands off it. I'm thinking of getting another one, I need one for my office!!

What a fun toy!!! In my case I'm more impressed than I was when I first handled the Regult (which is a great toy too)!!

Sculpt and proportions are awesome. Superb fit and nice sattin finish. The Hi Metal Glaug feels like a yamato/arcadia macross toy (in a good way).

Funny our opposite reactions.

I wonder if the Regult variants will be sold as extra attachment packs, or entirely new Regults.

The guns on the head of my Regult, where missiles might go, don't seem to come off, and not planning to force them.

I hope they'll be attachment parts, but if Bandai was really going for accuracy, I think they'll have to be entirely new Regults because the different Regult types have different markings below their "eye".

Bandai? Accuracy?

I think they are confusing these with toys.

As I keep telling my kids, I do not play with "toys", we have determined to call them "models".

Got mine today.

Tracking info said it arrive just prior to 6am at my local Post Office. This usually means it might be too late to get on the truck for the day's delivery. I checked online again at 11am. Status said delivery to Office. Nothing in Tracking info said out for the delivery. I was here and I live close to the mail box but the Mailman is too lazy to go to someone's door.

I need to examine it some more to give my opinion on it. Not instantly impressed as I was when first touch the Regult.

We umans have the tendency to do that. Once exposed to the same experience, the fight or flight response ratchets the responsive ooooohhh and aaaaaaahhs down.

I agree! Can't wait for the powered armors for those alien amazons :wub:

Thanks. Bought a Dremel last year, still haven't used it yet. I was thinking I'd need to open up the thigh in some way. In the mean time, the leg still clicks tightly on the wing and can stay in fighter.

IMG_7368_zpsu6eo8vf8.jpg

Back to the Glaug...

IMG_7373_zpsmxt5vhlc.jpg

And to those that wanted parts, if you haven't guessed, I'm keeping it as is.

Thanks. Bought a Dremel last year, still haven't used it yet. I was thinking I'd need to open up the thigh in some way. In the mean time, the leg still clicks tightly on the wing and can stay in fighter.

Do not use a Dremel on model plastic. It will melt it.