Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Hrm, might be tempted to try for one of these, just to get the tv-styled missiles and the normal fighter mode stand adapter. Still kind of stupefied they didn't include it with the super pack release.

I'm hoping this would be easier to get since they just released the GBP set, and I don't think this is adding anything new.

Just opened a glaug and I love it. Lots of detail and pose ability even in ways I didn't expect. Toes move the carying claw at the ankle extends a bit and opens. The gun arms, for those worried about the weight, are very sturdy the instructions show the extra two attachments for the stand being used not for the arms, but to balance a flight pose at the legs with the legs extended back. Some of the pictures, even on the box led me to believe the eye would be red, but it's a yellowy orange clear color. I wasn't sure from the announcements months ago if it would be red or yellow since some art and pictures and even screen shots have both.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Damn missed it too.

Only hobby search is going to have it for sale? Havent seen it on other stores.

i was just kidding w/ jvmacross :p it actually starts 4pm JST :)

Pretty cool Bub, thanks! I'll be sure to check that out when i'm in Akiba next week.

OT, but did you spot any Cosmo Fleet SDFs? Still thinking on whether I should try my luck in Akiba, or just get it from HLJ..

Saw a few Cosmo Fleet SDF going for around 6,000 yen at a store below the train tracks nearest Book Off. But that was last month. Didn't pick one up as I got turned off by "parts forming". <_< Wasted opportunity.

Love the opening cockpit. Bandai had better give us a Kamujin figure to put in it!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention earlier: I also told the person at the Tamashii showroom that Bandai should make Zentraedi pilot for the HM-R under the Figuarts line . He told me that it would not fit so I mentioned the Yamato CMs Miriya figure with interchangeable head from way back. He probably wasn't familiar with it. :wacko:

Those tv fists on the Hikaru look like they might not fit inside the fore arms.

Are those shoulder parts partsformers?

They do not fit in the arms. The toy comes with tiny hands that can be popped off and replaced with optional hands. There's nothing parts-former about the shoulders. The only parts-forming is the canopy glass that gets replaced with a separate heat shield piece. Landing gear are also separate parts that get plugged in.

I'm debating whether to pre-order the Hikaru -1J. I feel I have enough HM-R VF's, but for the price it's tempting to pick it up. For sure, I'm not going to stay up late and try to pre-order it. I'll check in the morning and if it's on Order Stop on hlj.com I'm not going to worry about it.

I'm debating whether to pre-order the Hikaru -1J. I feel I have enough HM-R VF's, but for the price it's tempting to pick it up. For sure, I'm not going to stay up late and try to pre-order it. I'll check in the morning and if it's on Order Stop on hlj.com I'm not going to worry about it.

If you check here regularly, it's bound to pop up occasionally after the presale madness.

If you check here regularly, it's bound to pop up occasionally after the presale madness.

But the presale madness is the fun on collecting macross stuff! Edited by Mr Bomber

They do not fit in the arms. The toy comes with tiny hands that can be popped off and replaced with optional hands. There's nothing parts-former about the shoulders. The only parts-forming is the canopy glass that gets replaced with a separate heat shield piece. Landing gear are also separate parts that get plugged in.

I think he was referring to the new chest covers on top. If so, yes they appear to be add-on detail parts and not built in.

I just got my HMR Glaug in and it's worth every dollar! Proportions, surface details, and paint are all top notch. It's also got tight joints and good posability, my favorite engineering combo :D And for those of you who thought that the two arms included with the stand were meant to support the Glaug's arms, they're actually meant for the Glaug's main body. Maybe those early photos were of a resin prototype, which needed the support for the arms.

My only gripes are minor. The antennas (only 1 is used, but 2 are included) that attach to the cockpit are incredibly small and can easily pop loose when opening the toy's clamshell trays. Also, while the joints are tight on mine, I don't see any way to safely disassemble the Glaug's forearms. If those joints get loose in the future, there might not be any way to fix them. *crosses fingers*

Which would be the best place to get it price-wise considering shipping? Still on the fence about this one.

Edit: Just checked Mykombini and there's no placeholder for the VF-1J. My guess is they wont open preorders tonight but a few days later, like they did with the Cannon Fodder (which is still available there BTW).

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy