Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Thanks sh9000, you stole my big moment :(

oh, no wait, there is no Glaug in your shot. All is well :)

:p

I'll be adding 2 Glaugs to my squad of baddies. Got a preparation in progress email from NY last night as well.

Hell yeah.

LOL ".."

Two Glaugs!? That's like millions of dollahs!!!

I ordered three! No, j/k only one, and I am really excited about it. I always wanted one a Glaug, and finally, the wait is nearly over.

I love your collection sh9000, please post more pictures if you can.

It is like looking at stormtroopers in a way. You can't get enough of them!

Is there a price? Pulled a few things outta storage. Gotta make a decision soon I guess.

IMG_7087_zpswgolbnnt.jpg

Hmmm destroids are going to be pretty small, huh. Hopefully heaps cheaper too.

You should definitely get the HMR Max & Miria! I'll help you out by taking those worthless, vastly inferior Yamato versions off your hands. :)

I think they look good, sculpt-wise, just baffled at the white color on the bottom half of the leg armor and, as pointed out, the wrong arm armor type. In any case, I'm only really interested in HMR for figures I don't have already--enemies and destroids. I got my M&M love a long time ago when prices were not in the stratosphere.

TXsEVan.png

They look cool and that means they're accurate enough for me.

As long as they aren't sold together at the same time as an exclusive box set for $300 plus shipping I think I'll get them. A like how they release these toys one at a time every other month. That's easy on the wallet.

SONOFAB*TCH that looks fanfreakingtastic! And DAMN now I reeeaally need a Hi Metal VF-1J to pose with it!!! Bandai is just killin it this year with SDF Macross stuff -- Regults, Glaugs and Monster all in the same year-- didn't think I'd ever live to see the day! :D

Edited by derex3592

well they don't look bad but i'm baffled by the color scheme choice and the arm armors being dyrl style (then again those are tooled up already)...then again i think the whole HMR line has been an amalgamation of SDFM and DYRL....well the strike vf-1s hikaru was kinda ALL dyrl but the 1J GBP and the Roy are kinda...mixed.

LOL ".."

Two Glaugs!? That's like millions of dollahs!!!

I ordered three! No, j/k only one, and I am really excited about it. I always wanted one a Glaug, and finally, the wait is nearly over.

I love your collection sh9000, please post more pictures if you can.

It is like looking at stormtroopers in a way. You can't get enough of them!

Thanks. 2 Glaugs to open and one to keep MISB.

With people passing on Max and Miria, it will better my chances of getting one set to open and one set to keep MISB. Cool.

The Glaug is looking awesome. I'll be using those stand parts for my other figures.

Edited by sh9000

image.jpeg

I'm not a big fan of this couple combo. It's why I don't have their 1/60 counterparts. :lol: But I kinda like the colors on this one esp that 'white' section on the leg armors. :wub: Kinda another layer of separation IMHO from too much blue or red colors. I don't mind the hybrid DYRL/TV arm pack as well. I hate to admit it, this 'might' be my first HMR figures down the line. :ph34r:

The more I see these, the more I find myself warming up to them. The HMR M&Ms remind me of the stylistic interpretations given to the TV Valkyries in the Master File VF-1 Squadrons art book. IMO, it's a sweet interpretation of a cool design... Yeah, I'll take it.

Plus, it gives room for Arcadia to release the more traditional paint scheme at a larger scale. How nice of them! (but bad for my wallet, if Arcadia takes advantage) :ph34r:

The more I see these, the more I find myself warming up to them. The HMR M&Ms remind me of the stylistic interpretations given to the TV Valkyries in the Master File VF-1 Squadrons art book. IMO, it's a sweet interpretation of a cool design... Yeah, I'll take it.

Plus, it gives room for Arcadia to release the more traditional paint scheme at a larger scale. How nice of them! (but bad for my wallet, if Arcadia takes advantage) :ph34r:

If Arcadia does reissue those, and even if I'm not a big fan of the couple's colors, I might buy those in MSRP and do that HM-R paint custom on them. Esp the leg armors and the tip of the Fast Packs to make it more look unique. ^_^

If Arcadia does reissue those, and even if I'm not a big fan of the couple's colors, I might buy those in MSRP and do that HM-R paint custom on them. Esp the leg armors and the tip of the Fast Packs to make it more look unique. ^_^

Except Arcadia's M&Ms will be pink glow-in-the-dark. I'll take the HMRs.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but are they gonna be sold as a pair?

50/50 probability, yes. ;) But I'm just speculating. ^_^

Except Arcadia's M&Ms will be pink glow-in-the-dark. I'll take the HMRs.

True. Hahaha! :lol: That's why this version is probably my first HM-R figures. ;)

I wonder why bandai included the arm supports for the Glaug? Are the arm cannons too heavy for the joints and they expect sagging later on?

It's the same reason why they included the same support arm system on the DX VF-19Advance to hold the Advance Boosters. They don't say it literally or officially that it's heavy. I'm sure they're just being 'nice' and 'understanding' putting those extra arms for support. You know... just in case. ;) And for me, it's better to have those extra arm support set included, than buying a Tamashii Display stand set later on that comes with those arm support. Just saying. ;)

And besides, nothing is perfect in this world. :rolleyes:

Well, there goes my idea. I quit!

it was inevitable, i guess -_____-

nonsense.....

You still have the opportunity to truly capture what really happened during that confrontation between Hikaru and Quamzin!

....but it won't count unless both toys lose a limb!!! :p

gallery_12176_640_988088.jpg

Well, there goes my idea. I quit!

it was inevitable, i guess -_____-

Or...

If you have Roy's 1S, you can do this...

vf1s_roy_glaug.png

Though you have to drill a hole on Glaug's mono-eye in order for the Gunpod to slot in. ;)