Hi-Metal R

joppewo

lets hope they end this year with the spartan, and the later one for next year

Bandai also showed Breetai, Nos, and the Launch Arm.

Do it Bandai!

Same reason the 1J pilot is wearing the wrong flight suit. Bandai cutting corners again.

I thought the VF-1J with GBP was a DYRL? release. The pilot of that one is an unknown, but if it was the TV variant it would come with a Hikaru pilot. But I do agree that the M&M releases are colored wrong.

Edited by Loop

Depending on which scene or even which box art, most Macross stuff is inconsistent. Sometimes the glaug has a red eye sometimes it's yellow. Sometimes Hikaru's 1j has white goggles sometimes it's grey. Sometimes the regult has grey lower body and other times it's white. I'm not even sure if these are the final colors on the m and m Valkyries, but either way no one will be completely satisfied.

As far as what's shown I don't mind them, and I will probably not have the will power to turn them down.

I'm not a consistency nazi, but those M&M fast packs WOULD look better in a shade of gray.

Usually I cant tell the difference between a VF-1 TV and Movie version.

The custom color schemes on the Fast Packs go well with their custom color schemes on their Valkyries.

The colors match, but honestly? The panels they decided to paint white don't really match anything on the valk, or even make sense. The fronts of the boosters? Ok.. but why pick that random panel on the rear half of the leg pack? There's nothing special about it, and it just looks goofy.

If they had put striping similar to the rest of the valk it would look much better. The way those prototypes are painted reminds me of what I did to my model planes at age 5 when I was given a paint marker to "decorate" them, just picking random panels to make a different color.

They're supposed to be the "DYRL" versions of Max & Miria. :p

Like the first Hi Metal-R, DYRL version of Hikaru's Armored VF-1J. I don't see the point of Bandai releasing a "TV version" of Hikaru's Armored VF-1J if they're going this route.

The following message is currently on the Home page of MyKombini:

EMS Fees (20 May 2016) :

Dear Customers,
Thank you for using Mykombini.
Starting from June 1st, 2016, Japan Post will increase their shipping fees for EMS.
Due to this price increase, we study other shipping solutions.
The new EMS fees will be applied to all orders shipped from June 1st, 2016 onwards, regardless of the date when the order was placed.
Thank you for your understanding

Just a heads up, as I imagine this will impact other online retailers as well.

Hopefully the increase isn't too bad.

Edited by RDX17

The following message is currently on the Home page of MyKombini:

EMS Fees (20 May 2016) :

Dear Customers,

Thank you for using Mykombini.

Starting from June 1st, 2016, Japan Post will increase their shipping fees for EMS.

Due to this price increase, we study other shipping solutions.

The new EMS fees will be applied to all orders shipped from June 1st, 2016 onwards, regardless of the date when the order was placed.

Thank you for your understanding

Just a heads up, as I imagine this will impact other online retailers as well.

Hopefully the increase isn't too bad.

i got the same notification from another store, i think it was amiami. the increase will be 200 yen on the lowest rate or something like that.

I posted something like that on the Ordering from US thread. Email notice from Buyee. Including the price increase.

Hey guys. Just a heads up. I got an email from Buyee today that according to them Japan Post has made an announcement that there will be an increase in fees for shipping by International Courier (EMS) and Sea Mail International Parcel to East Asia.

Here's the additional price increases for International Courier (EMS)

• First Zone (Asia): Y300
  • Second Zone (North America, Middle and Near East, Oceania): Y500
  • Second Zone (Europe): Y400
  • Third Zone (South America, Africa): Y300

Here's the additional price increase for Sea Mail International Parcel

• First Zone (East Asia): Y100 - Y1550 (Depends on package weight)

This is just a notice so that we won't be alarm the moment we are charge more for the shipping in the upcoming weeks or months. Happy Collecting! ;)

i got the same notification from another store, i think it was amiami. the increase will be 200 yen on the lowest rate or something like that.

I posted something like that on the Ordering from US thread. Email notice from Buyee. Including the price increase.

Thanks for the additional information on this! Much appreciated.

Psst... I'll let you in on a secret about the whole TV vs. DYRL color thing.

There's no difference. It's all a ploy to make you buy the exact same toy twice.

what? you mean Bandai isnt releasing the valks for fans sake? to have a small memento of something that they love? and its all about the.... money?

I cant live in a wolrd like that.

Depending on which scene or even which box art, most Macross stuff is inconsistent. Sometimes the glaug has a red eye sometimes it's yellow. Sometimes Hikaru's 1j has white goggles sometimes it's grey. Sometimes the regult has grey lower body and other times it's white. I'm not even sure if these are the final colors on the m and m Valkyries, but either way no one will be completely satisfied.

As far as what's shown I don't mind them, and I will probably not have the will power to turn them down.

Yep, sometimes an Orgroid with a -1A head will even show up to lend a hand. Me, I'm mixing the SDFM and DYRL? timelines together however I want and enjoying myself thoroughly. They're releasing DYRL? Valks the same time as SDFM baddies, so we really don't have much of a choice anyway, for now.

Just got my first hi-metal R (VF-1S RF) today..I keep my expectations very low cause I don't want to collect this line...but after play with this toy for at least 2 hours..this line really surprise me in a good way. Obviously is far far away from yamato and Arcadia VF...but is a very fun line...with this in mind I think I gonna start collecting this line. my problem...no room for more valks, am running out of space.

I'm not so sure about this line being far, far away from Yamato/Arcadia. The hmr does things the Yamato doesn't and Yamato does things the hmr doesn't. The Yamato later version has a near perfect transformation, but the hmr has a couple of part swaps. The Yamato has a slightly better fighter and hmr has the better battroid. Bandai leaves off certain red spots but Yamato needs stickers and has more visible screws. The hmr with the small wing set is maybe the only transformable toy of the Valkyrie to have legs that can clear the wings during posing.

There's probably some details I'm forgetting to mention about the Valkyries, but the other big thing hmr has going for it is the promise of variety. It's so far just a promise, but I'm hopeful.

I'm not so sure about this line being far, far away from Yamato/Arcadia. The hmr does things the Yamato doesn't and Yamato does things the hmr doesn't. The Yamato later version has a near perfect transformation, but the hmr has a couple of part swaps. The Yamato has a slightly better fighter and hmr has the better battroid. Bandai leaves off certain red spots but Yamato needs stickers and has more visible screws. The hmr with the small wing set is maybe the only transformable toy of the Valkyrie to have legs that can clear the wings during posing.

There's probably some details I'm forgetting to mention about the Valkyries, but the other big thing hmr has going for it is the promise of variety. It's so far just a promise, but I'm hopeful.

when I said, far far away, is not in a bad way.....is in both ways....good and bad....there's a lot a thing that love about this little toy...short wings..hip mechanism....super part attached mechanism..slide tail fin...I will love to see this thing in a 1/60 scale...but I have to be realistic and there's other thing that I don't like. fighter mode look to short...back pack is too big....I think this need a extension mechanism in the knee to make the leg little longer. IMHO

but this is what I think...we all think different..and that good.

i hope they do M&M justice. I wont be able to get them, but i adore this lil' line.

I only have the old HM TV hikaru, and he is great.

Oh, and the Regult...

and the Glaug...

I there i thought the Hikaru would be it.

Edited by vlenhoff

i am going do a action photo session, at last.

Glaug vs TV Hikaru.

Ha i nearly cancelled my Glaug order to get me one of those MPP-10, but I already have MP-10 and MP10b. I kept the Glaug order since it seems so hard to get. Maybe i should paint silver details on my MP-10 myself and call it a day.

I can't recall what is the differences are between the HM and HMR Hikaru.

Vlen goes to youtube...

i am going do a action photo session, at last.

Glaug vs TV Hikaru.

Ha i nearly cancelled my Glaug order to get me one of those MPP-10, but I already have MP-10 and MP10b. I kept the Glaug order since it seems so hard to get. Maybe i should paint silver details on my MP-10 myself and call it a day.

I can't recall what is the differences are between the HM and HMR Hikaru.

Vlen goes to youtube...

+ 1

For me, the HMR line has an action figure aesthetic which I like. It reminds me of my figmas in good ways.

Totally agree

Yamato Arcadia are like play arts Kai. Big expensive fancy parts but fragile models in glass cases. Display pieces.

Hmr are like figma and revoltech. Smaller cheaper rugged more like toys that kids can play with. I'm not worried about breaking shoulders. I swoosh these around more.

Totally agree

Yamato Arcadia are like play arts Kai. Big expensive fancy parts but fragile models in glass cases. Display pieces.

Hmr are like figma and revoltech. Smaller cheaper rugged more like toys that kids can play with. I'm not worried about breaking shoulders. I swoosh these around more.

+1