Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Not sure about everyone else, but I am just referring to the paint job "scheme"...not the shade or hue of the red or blue....which can be open for interpretation or can vary depending on the viewing source as you point out....however, even on the crappiest bootlegs...you can tell there are no "white paint applications" on the armor or missile pods...so bandai is definitely taking some Arcadia-style liberties on the paint applications with these two....

Basically, the only canon scheme for TV-style Super VF-1J Max and Millia should look like this.....no white paint on any part of the armors or missile pods on the fast packs...the white on the Bandai HMR super Max/Millia VF-1J armor and missile parts should be grey....with that all said....these are still insta-buys! ^_^

hs1406011.jpg

Hehehe. So even if there's a white color on the leg pack, it's still an insta-buy? For me, actually, the white on the leg pack kinda looks nice. The soft white on the fast packs looks nice too. ;) But... I know. I know. Accuracy is more important here. But this is Hi-Metal R we're talking about. :rolleyes: They already started the hybrid mode just with the VF-1J/GBP, and continue with the arm pack that is a hybrid of both TV/DYRL. Maybe, it's their way of saying, 'Hey guys we're hoping you guys will be happy and excited since we're giving you what you want but with some modifications.' B))

Consistency is definitely an issue, as this old thread confirms: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/?showtopic=33919

Ha was just about to upload a pic of the battroids from the battle in which the fastpacks were all red/blue, but I gotta say that I prefer the green color. They just visually pop more.

Hehehe. So even if there's a white color on the leg pack, it's still an insta-buy? For me, actually, the white on the leg pack kinda looks nice. The soft white on the fast packs looks nice too. ;) But... I know. I know. Accuracy is more important here. But this is Hi-Metal R we're talking about. :rolleyes: They already started the hybrid mode just with the VF-1J/GBP, and continue with the arm pack that is a hybrid of both TV/DYRL. Maybe, it's their way of saying, 'Hey guys we're hoping you guys will be happy and excited since we're giving you what you want but with some modifications.' B))

Yup....it's "good enough"...thanks Bandai! ;):rolleyes:B))

Color scheme looked different at Tamashii stand before. Maybe not final?

attachicon.gifHMR MM 2 Nov14.jpgattachicon.gifHMR MM Nov14.jpg

Yeah, I wouldn't consider these recent colors final. Max and Milia's ultimate color schemes will have to be approved by Big West. Whoever hand painted these mock-ups probably just blindly referenced the 1/72 model kits. Speaking of which, aren't inaccurate color schemes on models kits kind of pointless, since model kits (unlike toys) are designed to be painted?

I don't mind the white. I think if they want the white on the legs to match the fast packs no big deal. With the 80s animation things were changing colors all the time anyway. I can see them wanting to do a consistent scheme for the individual figures. I would be happy with the white or the greenish shade from the earlier pictures.

Yeah, I wouldn't consider these recent colors final. Max and Milia's ultimate color schemes will have to be approved by Big West. Whoever hand painted these mock-ups probably just blindly referenced the 1/72 model kits. Speaking of which, aren't inaccurate color schemes on models kits kind of pointless, since model kits (unlike toys) are designed to be painted?

While this might be true for most models, Bandai absolutely loves to try and decide how you paint your models for you, or just help you skip the painting entirely, by molding everything in whatever color they think is best.

You can always ignore that, but it just makes extra work when you have to cover up their nonsense colors.

Edited by Chronocidal

Looking forward to how Tenjin will interpret them on the box cover, will he match the actual product's paint scheme and armor type?They basically are TV/DYRL hybrids, so it's all good.

A nice cover negates any toy nitpicks! :lol:

Just kidding...or am i? :huh:

Still the anticipation of hawt tenjin's covers is half of the hype! :wub:

Was wondering those who preordered the glaug with amiami, have they requested payment?

Amiami is the most reliable for me. I'm guessing the other sites want money earlier because amiami has the best deal of this item? i am actually paying more for this at NY.

NY probably does not want people to cancel the order? probably wrong

Amiami is the most reliable for me. I'm guessing the other sites want money earlier because amiami has the best deal of this item? i am actually paying more for this at NY.

NY probably does not want people to cancel the order? probably wrong

Actually, all of them doesn't want people to cancel their orders. They have strict rules on that. If you keep on canceling items, your accout will be blacklisted or blocked. As for why other sites want money earlier is because that's how their policy goes. If you read AmiAmi's policy on pre-orders, there's some items that they need the payment 2 weeks before the items get released. Same thing with the other stores. But sometimes AmiAmi will just send the invoices when the item just got released. As for the prices of individual stores, they vary a lot. There's some items you'll get in AmiAmi that's a little bit cheaper compared to Nippon-Yasan. But when you get the total cost along with shipping charges, it's almost near to what Nippon-Yasan is charging you. Or vice-versa. Same with the other stores. But in the end, most of us here always go to the ones who have good customer service. Esp when buying an expensive toy.

But yeah, AmiAmi is always the one who has the best deal when it comes to prices. But they're also one of the stores who has a bad customer service.

Actually, all of them doesn't want people to cancel their orders. They have strict rules on that. If you keep on canceling items, your accout will be blacklisted or blocked. As for why other sites want money earlier is because that's how their policy goes. If you read AmiAmi's policy on pre-orders, there's some items that they need the payment 2 weeks before the items get released. Same thing with the other stores. But sometimes AmiAmi will just send the invoices when the item just got released. As for the prices of individual stores, they vary a lot. There's some items you'll get in AmiAmi that's a little bit cheaper compared to Nippon-Yasan. But when you get the total cost along with shipping charges, it's almost near to what Nippon-Yasan is charging you. Or vice-versa. Same with the other stores. But in the end, most of us here always go to the ones who have good customer service. Esp when buying an expensive toy.

But yeah, AmiAmi is always the one who has the best deal when it comes to prices. But they're also one of the stores who has a bad customer service.

wow, didn't they had bad customer service. Never had problems ordering from Japan. I've probably ordered over 30 things from them

Guest davidwhangchoi

I think the M&M HM-R announcement makes an Arcadia copy-cat announcement more likely. At least, I hope that's true, because I would be in for buying these at both scales. :p;)

yeah that would be cool

Bandai seem to be going through with everything they displayed at the first Tamashi event. Only the Spartan is left from that diorama.

Then Bandai followed up at the second big diorama by adding the 3 Destroids, the VT, and the VE at the later events.

All in all, this is looking good.

Why are their arm armors the DYRL type? Aren't they supposed to have the TV type arm armors?

This.

That is strange. I do appreciate the color coding, but it doesn't appear to be SDFM accurate (as far as I can tell).

EXACTLY why I'm on the verge of throwing in the towel.

Same reason the 1J pilot is wearing the wrong flight suit. Bandai cutting corners again.

Pretty much like their vintage DYRL 1/55 Strike Valkyrie using a pair of TV style arm armor.

Bandai seem to be going through with everything they displayed at the first Tamashi event. Only the Spartan is left from that diorama.

Then Bandai followed up at the second big diorama by adding the 3 Destroids, the VT, and the VE at the later events.

All in all, this is looking good.

lets hope they end this year with the spartan, and the later one for next year.