Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Sunday 4pm it arrived at a central post office about 5 to 10 miles away. Today at 5:17am it arrived at my local post office. Pretty sure it will miss today's delivery truck. I could make 4 round trips from here to the post office in a single hour. Instead I've got to wait a entire day :(

Thanks for this. I'll keep this as reminder to have a bit more patience in the future or to stay on top of these as they're first announced. I ended up pre-ordering from MyKombini a few weeks backs for a bit more. Now I know. :)

Crap already went through cdjapan with sal

Is it still limit 1 per customer?

Looks like it. The way to check it is to put the item in your cart. And if you can't edit your quantity field, then yes, it means you can just purchase one.

I received some of my HMR Roy from NY yesterday, 3 weeks after release and I used EMS! Of the units I've received so far, all of them had the stands so I'm happy with that but I'm still extremely unsatisfied with their customer service. No reply to my tickets till today. No apologies, no explanation, nothing. I'm going to let my NY account crash and burn after I use my last voucher. On a side note, they asked me to pay them extra for shipping but for some reason they shipped it out before they even sent an invoice, which I did not receive.

I'll never recommend anyone buy from NY

+ 1. I used to buy from them but they have bad after sales service.

But I highly recommend them as to where to get those Tamashii Web Exclusives. ;)

Watch out, all those upcoming Delta Super Packs and whatnot will be exclusives for sure. So bring on those NY complaints. :ph34r:

This is bs. I wasn't home. Someone was. Mail man didn't knock on door. Leave note in mail box or on my door. Dropped it off at the office. Would never know it came unless I checked online. Didn't say where they delivered it. Called the office. They got it but they are closed. Last time I had something sent from Japan they wouldn't drop it off with a signature from an actual householders. Lazy postman.

I received a second shipment today and I'm happy to report that NY came through and all units came with a limited edition stand. Warning: not all units are mine. :p

post-3593-0-53697600-1462880527_thumb.jpg

If I can offer one additional advise when it comes to purchasing from NY, try not to buy too many units. 2 years ago, they used to prioritize large shipments with multiple units but I'm guessing you guys raised hell with late shipments that they now ship out single units or lower quantity orders first. Mine was among the last to be shipped (last Thursday). They managed to figure out that pissing off 1 customer is better than pissing off 10.

Not ordering them again either even if they have the lower price. Only way I'm ordering from them is if it some exclusive and the other stores aren't carrying it. Now I'm waiting 90 minutes to pick up Lil me that the mail man delivered to somewhere else and never bother to tell me where.

Got it in my hands finally. This is my first Hi-Metal VF-1. I'm both impressed and frustrated with it at the same time. Even as an exclusive with fast packs I think it was over priced. The cost of the Mass Production VF-1A seems more reasonable to me. I'm impressed that they can have so much detail and create a transformable VF-1 at this scale. I also like seeing all the option parts.

At this scale everything feels extra delicate. During transforming I almost thought I broke something but parts just snap out instead of breaking. I needed to use a paper clip to aide me in transforming it. You can get some good poses but you might knock a part off in your attempt. In an hour after opening I've already spent about 10 minutes on the ground looking for dropped parts. Luckily I found them all.

Got it in my hands finally. This is my first Hi-Metal VF-1. I'm both impressed and frustrated with it at the same time. Even as an exclusive with fast packs I think it was over priced. The cost of the Mass Production VF-1A seems more reasonable to me. I'm impressed that they can have so much detail and create a transformable VF-1 at this scale. I also like seeing all the option parts.

At this scale everything feels extra delicate. During transforming I almost thought I broke something but parts just snap out instead of breaking. I needed to use a paper clip to aide me in transforming it. You can get some good poses but you might knock a part off in your attempt. In an hour after opening I've already spent about 10 minutes on the ground looking for dropped parts. Luckily I found them all.

Nice that you like your fokker.

The snap out of parts is like transformers so it's not as fragile as the Yamato valkyries. I've had a Yamato shoulder disintegrate in display without playing it. I like the shoulder sliding in the bandai hi metal vs the Yamato rotating shoulder.

I don't usually go for Web exclusives because the price is marked up.

The movie vf1s Hikaru looks the same but in Hikaru colors but much cheaper.

For its price I think the Hikaru is good. I could repaint it and call it a roy. Or max. But Hikaru is my fave.

But it is your colors so enjoy.

Edited by beatsing

I received a second shipment today and I'm happy to report that NY came through and all units came with a limited edition stand. Warning: not all units are mine. :p

attachicon.gifvf1s.jpg

If I can offer one additional advise when it comes to purchasing from NY, try not to buy too many units. 2 years ago, they used to prioritize large shipments with multiple units but I'm guessing you guys raised hell with late shipments that they now ship out single units or lower quantity orders first. Mine was among the last to be shipped (last Thursday). They managed to figure out that pissing off 1 customer is better than pissing off 10.

Is this like saying in advance I'm going to sell this in the future when it's not available anymore? :ph34r::lol: j/k

I didn't order mine with the stand, and yet, I ended up paying 14460 jpy for my roy, thanks to all that extra shipping :/

I will never buy from Nippon Yassan ever again.

Does that mean you'll not going to buy those Tamashii Web Exclusives add-on packs for the upcoming DX Delta Valkyries? :rolleyes:

I think that's the reason WHY this is an exclusive. ^_^ I don't think it's overpriced since the difference from the recent VF-1S Roy and the upcoming VF-1A CF is just Y2200 based on Tamashii site. That difference covers the Packs, and the extra plastic tray for it. ;)

Nice that you like your fokker.

The snap out of parts is like transformers so it's not as fragile as the Yamato valkyries. I've had a Yamato shoulder disintegrate in display without playing it. I like the shoulder sliding in the bandai hi metal vs the Yamato rotating shoulder.

I don't usually go for Web exclusives because the price is marked up.

The movie vf1s Hikaru looks the same but in Hikaru colors but much cheaper.

For its price I think the Hikaru is good. I could repaint it and call it a roy. Or max. But Hikaru is my fave.

But it is your colors so enjoy.

Just being practical. Like it. ^_^

Is this like saying in advance I'm going to sell this in the future when it's not available anymore? :ph34r::lol: j/k

Does that mean you'll not going to buy those Tamashii Web Exclusives add-on packs for the upcoming DX Delta Valkyries? :rolleyes:

I think that's the reason WHY this is an exclusive. ^_^ I don't think it's overpriced since the difference from the recent VF-1S Roy and the upcoming VF-1A CF is just Y2200 based on Tamashii site. That difference covers the Packs, and the extra plastic tray for it. ;)

Just being practical. Like it. ^_^

I'd do that if I had that much cash lying around and Delta toys weren't coming out. :p Only 1 of them are mine. It's a group buy to save on shipping but I'm not going through all that trouble again.