Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I found this earlier topic related to the original Hi-Metal line quite interesting (HI METAL LOVE THREAD - 8 pages): http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=36587&page=1

The last topic related post in the thread was July 2014: four months later the Hi-Metal R line was announced.

No one back then would have guessed HM line would be Resurrected.

Its a good thing Bandai took the plunge. I am sure they have their market data before making decisions, but if you look how long they have been doing Dunbine figures, maybe its a no-brainer for them that Macross would also work.

I definitely wouldn't have expected them to do so many new figures, but that's what is going to make it work.

Look what we got already: Regult, Monster, Glaug, Cannon Fodder, and even Destroids on the way.

These are pretty amazing times.

But the purpose of those thrusters is for forward propulsion in GERWALK mode... hence GERWALK thrusters... hence GERWALK thruster covers.

EDIT - yes, this is a silly conversation, since those thrusters are covered n fighter mode anyway, there's no real need for a cover flap anyway.

Gerwalk-Thruster cover

Better?

But the purpose of those thrusters is for forward propulsion in GERWALK mode... hence GERWALK thrusters... hence GERWALK thruster covers.

EDIT - yes, this is a silly conversation, since those thrusters are covered n fighter mode anyway, there's no real need for a cover flap anyway.

Secondary thrusters or auxiliary thrusters or even backpack thrusters sounds more appropriate. Just like "leg" thrusters doesn't seem appropriate for the primary thrusters since one could argue that they are equally important and used in other modes. I wouldn't call them "fighter" thrusters. That's like saying Battriod arms vs Gerwalk arms. One could argue that arms are primarily for Battriod mode. They're just arms. Edited by sharky

I just found these, I figured people would be interested B)) . I just hope that they release more for the Glag, monster, and maybe valks would be nice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MACROSS-Robotech-Hi-Metal-R-Zentraedi-Battlepod-REGULT-non-trimmed-custom-decal-/371619231924?hash=item56863b78b4:g:7QsAAOSwhRxXLDxz

post-7418-0-76547600-1462538087_thumb.jpg

post-7418-0-81164900-1462538096_thumb.jpg

post-7418-0-74198200-1462538135_thumb.jpg

Edited by hal9000

I just found these, I figured people would be interested B)) . I just hope that they release more for the Glag, monster, and maybe valks would be nice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MACROSS-Robotech-Hi-Metal-R-Zentraedi-Battlepod-REGULT-non-trimmed-custom-decal-/371619231924?hash=item56863b78b4:g:7QsAAOSwhRxXLDxz

I like the inclusion of a scaled Zentradi warrior. I guess one would apply that to a piece of clear plastic and glue it to a base piece of plastic.

No one back then would have guessed HM line would be Resurrected.

Its a good thing Bandai took the plunge. I am sure they have their market data before making decisions, but if you look how long they have been doing Dunbine figures, maybe its a no-brainer for them that Macross would also work.

I definitely wouldn't have expected them to do so many new figures, but that's what is going to make it work.

Look what we got already: Regult, Monster, Glaug, Cannon Fodder, and even Destroids on the way.

These are pretty amazing times.

Amazing times indeed. I feel quite lucky to have re-connected with Macross right now.

Here's hoping the Hi-Metal R line keeps going.

Mine cleared customs 3 days ago no updates for tracking since. It has to be somewhere? That's enough time for it to arrive today or to sit in a usps warehouse.

It is Mother's Day weekend so....,.the Amazon boxes probably cut you in line ,

Just received my Roy 1S. So many boxes to get to such a little toy! :rolleyes:

.... and lots and lots of tape. ;)

Got my copy fro N-Y today as well; 10 days total transit time via SAL. Checked everything out and no missing parts or defects; the only thing I had to address was a loose (pulls out too easily) right hip ball socket cylinder-- just added a bit of nail polish and it's good to go. ^_^

My Roy just showed up at my door (with the stand), and that is by far the biggest pile of nonsense packing I've ever seen. THREE external boxes, the biggest of which would've held a full 1/60 VF-25 with packs included. Felt like I was opening a set of Russian dolls. :p

Quick once over looks like everything's in place though, I'll probably pop it open later today.

Edit: Don't know if I'm really surprised or not, but I'm a little disappointed that they didn't include the triple missile clusters. They weren't in DYRL, so I guess it's fair not to pack them in, but I've definitely been spoiled by Yamato/Arcadia packing everything in to give you the most flexibility.

Looks like I'll have to get another HMR to get the TV missiles. <_<

Edited by Chronocidal

Actually, that surprised me that Bandai went so far as to make all the extra parts, and surprised me even more for not selling them as a webshop item.

They just don't seem to like people being able to mix and match weapons though, for whatever reason. :lol:

Guest davidwhangchoi

i just got my order from Nippon Yasan. what's weird is i ordered when they reopened it for 10,000yen and sal registered shipping was 2240 yen.

i was expecting them to ask for more additional and delay my order but they shipped it out the next day. it came out total $121.79 USD

anyways: here it is:

hA5dRGBl.jpg

JlhkF7Al.jpg

i just got my order from Nippon Yasan. what's weird is i ordered when they reopened it for 10,000yen and sal registered shipping was 2240 yen.

i was expecting them to ask for more additional and delay my order but they shipped it out the next day. it came out total $121.79 USD

anyways: here it is:

hA5dRGBl.jpg

JlhkF7Al.jpg

You need to crack that box open and let your VF breath! B)):lol:

Guest davidwhangchoi

Congrats David! :)

Better open it and check those missing thruster flaps or reverse paint on the wings. ;)

You need to crack that box open and let your VF breath! B)):lol:

i have another one coming from manda, i'll be opening that one for sure!

Got my VF-1S Roy by SAL finally. Totally forgot about this...

I have like 3 roys already from the legacy line so I whipped out the airbrush and made some changes :p I then gave the stand to my legacy roys.

Also experimented with Flory's Model wash (WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE???)

post-25-0-06726000-1462720647_thumb.jpg

Got my VF-1S Roy by SAL finally. Totally forgot about this...

I have like 3 roys already from the legacy line so I whipped out the airbrush and made some changes :p I then gave the stand to my legacy roys.

Also experimented with Flory's Model wash (WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE???)

attachicon.gifWP_20160508_10_29_34_Rich.jpg

The Black & Grey scheme lives on.... now in 1/100! B))

Is the yellow strip now colored grey?

Yeah. I used tamiya dark grey and then used tamiya flat black to expand the black lines on the chest. The stock paint had the black chest lines way too thin imho

post-25-0-57263600-1462755215_thumb.jpg

The Black & Grey scheme lives on.... now in 1/100! B))

Lol indeed it does :D

I'm in a similar situation.

I selected SAL during preorder (2 Roy's, each with stand) and was charged 22 for shipping.

I got an email about 3 weeks ago asking me for $25 more for shipping.

I opened a ticket asking why my shipping has more than doubled. Requested for shipping weight also.

Now it's 3 weeks later and all I got from them so far is "box is bigger than expected so we need more money".

Anyone know what the shipping for 2 Roy's with stand should cost when using SAL?