Hi-Metal R

joppewo

To the best of my knowledge, the USA does not charge import/customs fees... at least I've never encountered it, no matter how large the box or how high the declared value on the shipping label, whether if by SAL, EMS, or FedEx.

That's nice to know...eases my mind a bit :)

Get ready to order the CF VF-1A.

First TV Option Hi-Metal VF since the Max-1J in your avatar!

Minimum 2 on this one to be able to display both versions at once...and maybe 1 to keep it sealed "just in case" :p ......really nice of Bandai to have included parts for both versions....but they should have done that with the Regult too! ;)

I'm getting a stand (maybe?)

I asked if the higher charge was because of the stand.

Their answer was the supplier says yes there's a stand but they themselves haven't open the box to confirm.

Yeah I was upcharged and I put my order in late. Wonder if I got a stand. There was at least one person on here who ordered late and got a stand.

First TV Option Hi-Metal VF since the Max-1J in your avatar!

Minimum 2 on this one to be able to display both versions at once...and maybe 1 to keep it sealed "just in case" :p ......really nice of Bandai to have included parts for both versions....but they should have done that with the Regult too! ;)

Yep. One to display, one to open, and one just in case. :D

post-21587-0-64179800-1461778838_thumb.png

To the best of my knowledge, the USA does not charge import/customs fees... at least I've never encountered it, no matter how large the box or how high the declared value on the shipping label, whether if by SAL, EMS, or FedEx.

Until recently, this was not my experience with FedEx. They are strict when it comes to trade regulations and have charged tax on higher valued shipments in the past. The tax free threshold was raised from $200 to $800 this year providing some relief.

My favorite Doctor Who 1/6-scale import store bigchiefstudios.co.uk uses FedEx exclusively and posted the news in March.

http://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/latest-news/changes-to-united-states-import-charges

Hilarious. Anyone can relate? :p The display scene reminds me of myself. Might have to get 1 or 2 CF to keep Roy company in his battle with the regults and glaug though he don't need them.

I ordered after the deadline... still got charged more Gor shipping. So will see if I get the stands...

I'm getting a stand (maybe?)

I asked if the higher charge was because of the stand.

Their answer was the supplier says yes there's a stand but they themselves haven't open the box to confirm.

I received both of mine yesterday but did not have time to look at them. As far as I can tell they included the stand with them. I cannot read Japanese, but there was clearly the word stage in the description written in English. My guess is that it relates to the stage act stand. I will open one up tonight after work.

HLJ will most likely be limit 1, Nippon-Yasan limit 1, Amiami hopefully limit 3, Mykombini maybe limit 3, and CDJapan hopefully limit 3.

I highly doubt NY will have a limit, let alone 3. They didn't have limits on the non cannon fodder mecha, including the exclusive Roy, so I doubt they'll make these brownies limited. HLJ, near guaranteed limit of 1.

I highly doubt NY will have a limit, let alone 3. They didn't have limits on the non cannon fodder mecha, including the exclusive Roy, so I doubt they'll make these brownies limited. HLJ, near guaranteed limit of 1.

Yeah I don't see Nippon yasan limiting to 1 either , it'll be at least 3 . But they don't offer much on combine shipping discount.

Anyone else yet to receive their HMR Roy from NY? It's been 10 days since they sent a preparation in progress email.

Same situation for me.....still waiting.....

Did either of you receive the message from NY regarding additional shipping charges? If not, I'd scan through the last few pages here to find out what others experienced.

I believe contacting NY would be in order ASAP.

Edited by RDX17

It was a typo.

Did either of you receive the message from NY regarding additional shipping charges? If not, I'd scan through the last few pages here to find out what others experienced.

No request for addition shipping charges for me (yet). I ordered in late Feb, so shouldn't be getting the stand. Besides, i'm shipping my Roy together with my Regult.

Edited by MAC-X

They did send me a notice that there'd be additional charges but they did not follow up on it with an invoice or an amount. They just left me hanging. I know they're reading my tickets but they're refusing to respond. I sent an angry one this morning and they had the audacity to resend the 'preparation in progress email' again but no reply whatsoever to any of my tickets. I know they won't ship the item until they're done fleecing me but what's taking them so long?

Edited by neoexcaliber

No request for addition shipping charges for me (yet). I ordered in late Feb, so shouldn't be getting the stand. Besides, i'm shipping my Roy together with my Regult.

Ah, okay. I don't think you'd be expected to pay additional shipping. Maybe they're focused on sending out the orders that include the stand first, or just those with a Roy?

I don't think it would hurt to send an email asking about your order though, and I'm sure it'll work out.