Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Thanks for the info about NY my first HiMetal VF.

I was planning on only getting enemy mecha and destroids but how can I pass on Roy. I need at least on VF in scale. :)

I'm with you on enemy mecha and destroids in this line. I have my main stuff in 1/60, but HMR is a great way to round out some VF repaints that I never had space for...Can't wait for my first CF! Need someone to stand guard after all.

I wish they just get rid of that useless and fugly "small-wings" crap, and provide the black feet option instead.

I was originally a bit perplexed by the inclusion of the small wings as well, however I've been using the ones included with the VF-1S Strike (Hikaru) on the Armored VF-1J and appreciate them quite a bit. I now wish they'd been included with the Armored VF-1J.

Edited by RDX17

Got my shipped notification.

I said I only needed a single VF-1 in this scale but the Brownie is cool looking for canon fodder. Plus I have already one in 1/48 & 1/60 scale. I need it in 1/100 to have a matching set.

I'll be needing three 1As, amiami will suffice as usual. I'm wondering what will be next, this 1A was a bit of a curve ball. I'd personally like to finish off some of Vermilion and get the Kaki 1A out of the way, but I'd settle for a Max 1J as well.

Edit: I'm pretty sure those stands are just Tamashii trident stands, maybe I'm wrong and they're something new for the hi-metals.

Edited by Tking22

Personally glad the brownie is coming out rather than the max 1J since i already have the max from the prior release.

Got my Roy today and it has the stand! Weird since they didn't ask for extra shipping for this one. They ask for 500 yen for the second one that just got shipped today. The funny thing is this all could've been avoided. There's enough space in the second tray with the super parts for the stand. Over 1/3rd of the tray is dead space.

I really hope they resize the 1a tv pilot. He looks too small for these.

The1a was a bit of a surprise for a September release, now I'm curious about the next release after that, probably November.

I was wondering about the size of the pilot when I was looking at the pics of the 1A. The figure looks small compared to the other VF-1 releases, unless the 1A figure is normal human sized and Roy and Hikaru are much bigger than a normal human. :lol:

Since the Monster might be big and heavy, is it more likely to be charged by customs (US)? It would be my first time to order from Japan to US.

To the best of my knowledge, the USA does not charge import/customs fees... at least I've never encountered it, no matter how large the box or how high the declared value on the shipping label, whether if by SAL, EMS, or FedEx.