Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I wonder why can't they include the VF-1A Head in hikaru VF-1S or max as well.

Would also need to include "001" stickers, color-matched to the plastic. I'm all for it.

Also, they should throw in the "black"/chromed feet with the VF-1A CF. They're on little ball-joints, so it'd be a no-big-deal switch.

Edited by easnoddy

I paid and just asked does this mean I'm getting a stand.

I'm seeing a bunch of different extra shipping fee quotes. Informal survey. Let's compare orders.

Mine

1x VF-1S without Stand

$15+change for Sal Registered to the US.

Extra Charge $6.

That's about the same cost for me, though I ordered early enough that I'm supposed to get the stand. (I probably won't end up with a stand)

i both HATE and like NY. realistically with web store an other exclusives its practically the only game in town (there are some less deireable options too sometimes).

they completely raped me this time though. so i preorderd two of these early enough to get the stands. I ASSUME the extra shipping is due to additional boxes associated with the stands but am unsure as they have not confirmed whether or not I will get stands. i asked on thursday and its still not answered. They did however take the time to invoice me for more shipping....and its not the $4-10 most of you are seeing. Its an additional 2500 yen. So....in the end i'll be paying something like 5040 Yen to get this shipped to me....ECO REGISTERED. this isn't even EMS folks! i wrote them a scathing "i'm pissed off about this" type of notice in my existing open ticket item question about the stands...lets see if either the stands question or the complaint about costs gets answered. this additiaonl cost is totally on them. i also noted i will be paying attention to the shipping paperwork to see waht the actual shipment cost was.

NY will continue to be my LAST RESORT. i am thankful they exist so i can get stuff but maybe its just better to wait for stuff to show up on EBAY in the future. all said and done i think each valk is gonna cost me over $130....i could have firggen got a yamato for that. ugh.

Hahaha, b, did you end up getting a roy?

Yep, picked it up from the post office about 40 minutes ago. I'll open it once I get home from lunch. Now I'm more curious about whether or not I get a stand. I think I may try to hunt down a second copy though, we'll see.

And my thoughts are pretty on-par with Mechapilot's, but I've past the emotional stage where N-Y pisses me off, I just shrug and figure it's the cost of doing business with them. There have been a few things I've wanted that N-Y would have been a viable option for, however because of my mild-dislike for them I decided not to pre-order - mostly SH Figuarts stuff.

Kudos to Bandai for including the parts for the TV and DYRL Cannon Fodder. I'll definitely be picking up a few of those, especially to bring one to work to put on my desk.

-b.

Anyone ordered two with the stand instructed to be sent in Eco SAL? I can't believe why the my shipping is 2290 yen + 2700 yen to Australia.

Eco Sal is Sal small packet , so if you order 2 Roy with stands , the size and weight will exceed the 90cm size and or 2000g. Once it goes over those you will be in parcel Sal , which is more expensive. When that happens you should switch to EMS instead, it'll probably be cheaper and faster .

I got mine Saturday from NY. The Valk/strike package is inside another box. That box, along with the stand package is inside yet another larger box, which is about the size of 2 Valk boxes atop one another. And then that is what is wrapped & boxed for shipping. So it really is much larger than the previously released valks. I can understand why it was more.

I paid and just asked does this mean I'm getting a stand.

I'm seeing a bunch of different extra shipping fee quotes. Informal survey. Let's compare orders.

Mine

1x VF-1S without Stand

$15+change for Sal Registered to the US.

Extra Charge $6.

Wasn't paying attention to this thread (forgot I had PO'd this) till I got an email from NY to pay more.

10120yen 1x VF-1S with stand

2340yen JP post airmail registered

700yen extra

I'm beginning to think everyone will get that silly stand from N-Y. :lol:

So far, two of us have eyes on the stand. KB has yet to look inside the box. KB, ignore Morgan Freeman and look in the box!

Well, no need for me to shoot John Doe...errr N-Y. I have the stand. :D

-b.

I got mine Saturday from NY. The Valk/strike package is inside another box. That box, along with the stand package is inside yet another larger box, which is about the size of 2 Valk boxes atop one another. And then that is what is wrapped & boxed for shipping. So it really is much larger than the previously released valks. I can understand why it was more.

Nice! Your experience is exactly the same as mine, atreyu. I posted pictures two pages back.

Well, no need for me to shoot John Doe...errr N-Y. I have the stand. :D

-b.

Excellent. Congrats on the Roy! :D

I have no skin in this game but maybe the shipper box is sized the same regardless of whether you got the stand or not?

Actually this release has bigger shipper box within a shipper box. I forgot who posted the photos of all the shipper box included. ;)

i get roy! i don't need to be sad any more

Congrats David! ;)

I just paid 2500yen... for two. No mention of stand.....

I received the notification from N-Y about the extra payment for shipping even though it is Eco Sal... so I paid 8 dollars and kept the same method. I thought it was only related to EMS.