Hi-Metal R

joppewo

My 2 cents on Nippon yassan.

I've bought my vf25's and other figures that are hard to find from them at a markup but all the other online stores were sold out. Having stock is a nice plus.

Customer service is pretty bad. When one of my figures came with the leg off straight out of the box they only said the manufacturer was out of stock and they didn't resolve or offer me a refund or discount. I contacted several times and they ignored me.

So I went to paypal. Nippon yassan immediately closed my account without discussion.

Pretty bad after sales.

I've never had such poor service from any of the other online retailers.

My HM-R Roy 1S arrived today! Everything is packed together in a brown Tamashii shipping box. It's a similar set up to the one used for the DX armor parts releases, where the retail boxes are contained inside the brown box. I'll update this post soon with pictures from my phone.

Thanks for sharing those pictures. Having never ordered from NY it's nice to see how well their packaging is for potential orders in the future.

My HM-R Roy 1S arrived today! Everything is packed together in a brown Tamashii shipping box. It's a similar set up to the one used for the DX armor parts releases, where the retail boxes are contained inside the brown box. I'll update this post soon with pictures from my phone.

Edit: Here they are. Click on the spoiler tags to view the photos. I didn't want to flood the thread with too many images.

The first box in bubble wrap on top of N-Y's shipping box. This brown box is about twice the size of the Hikaru retail box.

Here's the same box released from the bubble wrap

Let's take a look inside, shall we? Yes, let's... ;)

The box for the stage act stand is small.

Curiously, Roy's 1S also comes in its own shipping box. It's a shipping box within a shipping box within a shipping box...it's inception!

And opening that, reveals the retail box that we are familiar with, but with Roy's branding.

That makes sense as to why NY asked for an additional 1k yen. They couldn't be bothered to repack the item but it's still nice to have extra protection.

So in my messages with N-Y, I stated that I would be willing to switch from EMS shipping to Eco Sal registered shipping if there were no additional charges. With a secondary message stating I expect the limited edition stand as I ordered before the stated date on the website. I simply got a reply stating my item has shipped and the case is resolved, with no actual response to whether or not I will be getting the stand. Opened another ticket and awaiting reply now. But so far not looking good, may have to get my credit card provider involved and negate this charge.

Anyone paid NY's additional shipping and still waiting for the Roy to ship? My status is still waiting for Customer to Reply which was before I paid the additional shipping charge 4 days ago.

Been asking for more clarification from NY but not getting any real answer...just the generic we'll check it (that was a few days ago).

Anyone paid NY's additional shipping and still waiting for the Roy to ship? My status is still waiting for Customer to Reply which was before I paid the additional shipping charge 4 days ago.

Been asking for more clarification from NY but not getting any real answer...just the generic we'll check it (that was a few days ago).

well, its being weekend, thats maybe it have not being ship, probably monday or tuesday it will.

I just got the payment request for 10.30 euros, which is weird since i bought and paid in yen and dollar :S anyway i also jump on the additional shipping payment wagon.

I can't figure out how much money NY wants from me. The new invoice shows the entire amount, toy plus shipping. Do they want me to do the math, figure out what I already paid them, and then send them the difference? Clearly they aren't really made to handle this on their end.

Edit - maybe they don't want money and they're just asking me to approve my shipping having been downgraded to Eco SAL?

Edited by jenius

N-Y have finally gotten around to me to "ask" -- how can it be asking if they're holding my item hostage pending remuneration of additional funds? -- for an extra $8.00 for shipping with their sheepish "Unfortunately this order is bigger then expected..." BS; like I've mentioned before, CDJ would've honored their initial shipping charge and eaten the difference. But... Tamashii Web Exclusive, so very few alternatives. <_< At least I should be getting it, eventually. :mellow:

Edited by mechaninac

Got an email from N-Y asking for an extra 5 dollars US to ship my second Roy. Which i guess means my first one was sent without the stand. I'll find out tomorrow when it's delivered. What a gong show. NY has always had bad customer service but this is really botched. I placed both my orders before within the time frame to get the stand but they obviously didn't do any adequate record keeping.

Wow, it looks like the VF-1A is getting two new headsculpts.

The legacy Hi-metal 1A's head has a stubbier antennae and the Markings on the Chin are distinctly different. Also, the angling of the black eye piece on the new one is a little more aggressive.

I wonder why can't they include the VF-1A Head in hikaru VF-1S or max as well.

post-611-0-61010600-1461579431_thumb.jpg

I wonder why can't they include the VF-1A Head in hikaru VF-1S or max as well.

Probably for the same reason I can't just swap front fuselage sections on my Yamato V2s to get all the canopies the same...the numbers don't match :(

...and because they want more of our money :D

Edited by Old Man

They asked me for $6.

I ordered one past the stand deadline. Meaning I shouldn't get one. I paid the amount and I'm going to ask about if I'm getting a stand for the extra amount later tonight when I get home.

Yep, got the request for an extra $7 just today, which I'm guessing means I'm getting the stand, but bleh. Not a huge deal, but annoying none the less.

If I don't get the stand, I'm going to be crying foul and asking them why they were so bad at estimating shipping for something they've sold before. <_<

Edited by Chronocidal

I paid and just asked does this mean I'm getting a stand.

I'm seeing a bunch of different extra shipping fee quotes. Informal survey. Let's compare orders.

Mine

1x VF-1S without Stand

$15+change for Sal Registered to the US.

Extra Charge $6.