Hi-Metal R

joppewo

After given the choice of paying 10 dollars more for EMS or switching over to Eco Sal registered I sent the following messages.

ME: If the Eco Sal registered shipping option is insured, please send the item.
If it is not insured please give me a refund.

I also want to confirm that I will be getting the limited edition stand that comes with this item as that is the reason I pre-ordered.

N-Y: Yes it's insured. Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

ME: I also want to confirm that I will be getting the limited edition stand that comes with this item as that is the reason I pre-ordered.
If so, please ship the item under Eco Sal Registered.

Something tells me their response isn't going to bring a smile to my face...

After given the choice of paying 10 dollars more for EMS or switching over to Eco Sal registered I sent the following messages.

ME: If the Eco Sal registered shipping option is insured, please send the item.

If it is not insured please give me a refund.

I also want to confirm that I will be getting the limited edition stand that comes with this item as that is the reason I pre-ordered.

N-Y: Yes it's insured. Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

ME: I also want to confirm that I will be getting the limited edition stand that comes with this item as that is the reason I pre-ordered.

If so, please ship the item under Eco Sal Registered.

Something tells me their response isn't going to bring a smile to my face...

Register Sal will only insure up to 6500 yen , FYI.

Mine shipped out pretty early after release and I did order early enough to have the stand included. I am now wondering if I will actually get the stand.

You should be good , they probably shipped yours out before they started the invoicing . N-y do eat the extra cost of shipping from time to time case by case .

Hmm... does this release of the CF Brownie mean an increased chance we get a VF-1D, the M&Ms and all the rest we want? Seems like it to me, since a lot of that stuff might be considered more market friendly.

Hmm... does this release of the CF Brownie mean an increased chance we get a VF-1D, the M&Ms and all the rest we want? Seems like it to me, since a lot of that stuff might be considered more market friendly.

You'll never know. ;)

Question, have you checked your PayPal account? Some members said they received their invoice directly to their PayPal account. Maybe they sent out one for you too. ;)

Since you mentioned, I went ahead and checked my PayPal account just in case, and... butkus. <_<

Come the end of Monday EST, if I haven't received any communication, I'll have to contact them to see what's up. If things get ugly I can always dispute the charge via Paypal on the grounds of "item not delivered".

Hope for all of it. I'll also take a CF VF-1J, CF VF-1D, and CF VF-1S.

I wonder if some of us will get the Glaug first before we get our VF-1S.

haha

Question, have you checked your PayPal account? Some members said they received their invoice directly to their PayPal account. Maybe they sent out one for you too. ;)

Yeah, was actually emailing back and forth with my ticket and live chatting, around midnight i finally got the request (presumably because i was actively communicating with them) paid it immediately and still not movement on the "Preparation in progress" right meow

Edited by bbrain

I still think it was weird that they released roy as a tamashii exclusive. Like seriously it's probably the best selling vf-1. Look how many times the 1/60 yamato/arcadia has been released since 2008.

Yes, their business decisions are mind boggling: Roy is web exclusive and Brownie is retail.

The only explanation I can think of is that they used Roy to gauge local Japan demand, before a full retail launch later.

But you would think the Brownie would be the exclusive in order to avoid bad sales. If a bunch of Brownies end up as shelf warmers over there, it would be terrible for the line.

Edited by arbit

I have a feeling that the decision for making the Roy a web exclusive is because to bandai it's a recolor of a product that was just produced very recently. The Hikaru strike1s just came out and they may have been worried about selling basically the same product twice and still being able to keep up sales. If things go well we may see a tv hmr version of the 1s, but the question becomes will Roy or Hikaru pilot it, especially if it ends up a tv super.

I think the old hi metal version of the 1s had Roy, but if it's a super 1s for tv Hikaru was the pilot in the show.

My HM-R Roy 1S arrived today! Everything is packed together in a brown Tamashii shipping box. It's a similar set up to the one used for the DX armor parts releases, where the retail boxes are contained inside the brown box. I'll update this post soon with pictures from my phone.

Edit: Here they are. Click on the spoiler tags to view the photos. I didn't want to flood the thread with too many images.

The first box in bubble wrap on top of N-Y's shipping box. This brown box is about twice the size of the Hikaru retail box.

post-5492-0-34710900-1461433365_thumb.png

Here's the same box released from the bubble wrap

post-5492-0-74237700-1461433469_thumb.png

Let's take a look inside, shall we? Yes, let's... ;)

post-5492-0-73466300-1461433573_thumb.png

The box for the stage act stand is small.

post-5492-0-12578600-1461433799_thumb.png

Curiously, Roy's 1S also comes in its own shipping box. It's a shipping box within a shipping box within a shipping box...it's inception!

post-5492-0-29716700-1461433862_thumb.png

And opening that, reveals the retail box that we are familiar with, but with Roy's branding.

post-5492-0-13361200-1461433913_thumb.png

Edited by technoblue

Wow, it looks like the VF-1A is getting two new headsculpts.

The legacy Hi-metal 1A's head has a stubbier antennae and the Markings on the Chin are distinctly different. Also, the angling of the black eye piece on the new one is a little more aggressive.

post-25-0-86600000-1461460398_thumb.jpg

I hope we see the rest of DYRL skull squadron sometime soon. (I can't believe I got my MAX 1A with fast pack addon set for only 7500yen on Mandarake)

post-25-0-16569000-1461460453_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon