Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Hmm, I just followed up on the shipping of my Roy preorder with Nippon Yasan, and got a reply within 5 minutes saying that they didn't receive as much stock as they expected. However, they are still committed to fulfill my order as soon as they get additional stock.

I think this is the first time I've gotten this kind of reply for them. I'm not worried about my order, but I am surprised that this Hi-Metal Roy has sold out even though it's a web exclusive. Perhaps this line is doing much better than expected (which is a good thing).

I understand the frustration that some members have, but I'm not pissed at N-Y for the extra shipping charge. It was just a surprise. And I agree with Noel, it was probably due to the fact that they were estimating the cost based on some previous estimate. If the shipping estimate wasn't based on the Hikaru HM-R release, then maybe it was based on the original Hi-Metal Super/Strike releases?

Hmm, I just followed up on the shipping of my Roy preorder with Nippon Yasan, and got a reply within 5 minutes saying that they didn't receive as much stock as they expected. However, they are still committed to fulfill my order as soon as they get additional stock.

I think this is the first time I've gotten this kind of reply for them. I'm not worried about my order, but I am surprised that this Hi-Metal Roy has sold out even though it's a web exclusive. Perhaps this line is doing much better than expected (which is a good thing).

Hmm... I think that's what happened to my order as well, since mine was a late order. Still no word from them.

I received a similar message as ArchieNov that they did not receive enough stock and are waiting for more.

Guest davidwhangchoi

What? You aren't satisfied with like half the Yamato 30th anni roys in the tri-state area? :D

yeah, i love roys! and wanted a hmr for completionist.

my 2x NY hmr roys on order that were initally pay for later were switched to pay now while i was in between jobs... so i couldn't pay for it... bummer

"Thank you for your message

We sent a message regarding this item: unfortunately the item was bigger than the expectations and there are some additional cost since we are not able to send the parcel for the shipping cost already paid.

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service"

But they fail to tell me anything, why don't they just ask me for more money?

How could they F this up? All they had to do was place an order based on their preorders? They should have ordered extras for sale afterward too. Very bizarre. I wonder if Bandai shorted them?

It's possible since Bandai was playing around with those limit to so many per address . Then there's also the recent earthquakes in Japan , depending on where those hi-metal bulk boxes stayed , traveled , en-route , etc . Some of them could even be in a trailer under mountains of earth .

I don't think they're screwing people intentionally. Even though they have the virtual shipping calculator, it's not always 100%. And probably what happened here is they just put the existing price estimate based on the previous HM-R Hikaru VF-1S release and didn't included the extra 'weight' for the bonus stand. I understand that it's frustrating sometimes dealing with this kind of store. But for now, and most of the times, they're the only ones who have those 'exclusive items'. And so far, I never had any problems with them yet. I already cancelled 3 items with them and they just gave me a warning.

Happy NY customer here for exclusive items. ;)

That can't be the case because i ordered late and didn't get the stand... unless we are all getting stands as a surprise added bonus cost.

So that's what's happened. Well I'll continue to wait for my 2x Roy's.

UPDATE, I CALLED INTERNATIONAL TO NY

Sorry for the caps but here it is straight from the management on the phone. A massive batch on a global email went out to a mass of customers to notify them of the increased shipping, they were then made aware that not all of the emails went through. The staff who answers the online tickets can only see that you were sent an email, so if you were one that failed to receive it they will just keep responding that they sent you a message. (They responded to me on 3 messages over and over again that they emailed it even when I told them I didnt get it). I got the management to email me the invoices and i paid them. Guys, if you are still in preperation in progress then odds are they think you got the invoice via email. The good news is that my stock was set aside as a paid pre order. I had to add a $5.00 service plan to my phone to dial international but they are very helpful when they answer. I am still done with them, having to add a plan and call international after figuring out the phantom email riddle is not the way i want buy my product.

Edited by Omnichannel

My preorder, placed early on to secure a stand and optioned for Registered SAL, is still listed as preparation in progress; the email notifying me of this status was received on the 19th. I'll wait until Monday before contacting them regarding it, but so far, the whole situation is very confusing with some of you guys stating that N-Y misquoted shipping and are now demanding additional money via messages that have not gone through in as much of 50% of the cases -- with them assuming they did without following up despite having been made aware of the snafu (I recall one occasion when CDJapan undercharged on shipping for one of my preorders because their estimate was based off erroneous data, but they honored their original charge without ever asking for additional funds or making a fuss), or others saying that they claim to having received insufficient stock from whatever supplier they use to cover all the orders they've accepted, or both...

All I know is that I ordered early enough to qualify for the bonus stand, selected a shipping method they offered, chose pay later as that was allowed at the time, paid in full when asked after they changed their exclusive items preoder policy, received the Preparation email, and then chirping crickets. I expect, nay, demand, to get what I ordered and paid for in good faith.

mechaninac: I paid for my HM-R Roy back in December. N-Y sent a message by e-mail to those of us who were charged extra shipping. In my case, after this message was sent, my account was updated from preparation in progress status to waiting for customer response status. After I got the message, I received another payment request from N-Y for 1000 JPY to cover the shipping adjustments. I guess that didn't happen in all cases.

"Hello

Thank you for your purchase

We are contacting you regarding this order

Unfortunately this order is bigger then(sp) expected therefore we will have to ask you for additional shipping

An invoice will be sent out to you via paypal

We apologize for the inconvenience

Kind Regards"

Edited by technoblue

mechaninac: I paid for my HM-R Roy back in December. N-Y sent a message by e-mail to those of us who were charged extra shipping. In my case, after this message was sent, my account was updated from preparation in progress status to waiting for customer response status. After I got the message, I received another payment request from N-Y for 1000 JPY to cover the shipping adjustments. I guess that didn't happen in all cases.

"Hello

Thank you for your purchase

We are contacting you regarding this order

Unfortunately this order is bigger then(sp) expected therefore we will have to ask you for additional shipping

An invoice will be sent out to you via paypal

We apologize for the inconvenience

Kind Regards"

This is the same message I got, then I followed the link, gave them their money, and Roy shipped out pretty quick after. So what the hell happened here, is it a stock issue or a communication issue? They're sending out messages that claim it's a stock issue, and those messages come through fine, how can messages with a link to an invoice get lost or not come though for certain people? Are there images of the limited stand, it's just a Tamashii act 5 right? Does it come in a special or sizable box? I hope this dumb little stand isn't the root of these issues.

My preorder, placed early on to secure a stand and optioned for Registered SAL, is still listed as preparation in progress; the email notifying me of this status was received on the 19th. I'll wait until Monday before contacting them regarding it, but so far, the whole situation is very confusing with some of you guys stating that N-Y misquoted shipping and are now demanding additional money via messages that have not gone through in as much of 50% of the cases -- with them assuming they did without following up despite having been made aware of the snafu (I recall one occasion when CDJapan undercharged on shipping for one of my preorders because their estimate was based off erroneous data, but they honored their original charge without ever asking for additional funds or making a fuss), or others saying that they claim to having received insufficient stock from whatever supplier they use to cover all the orders they've accepted, or both...

All I know is that I ordered early enough to qualify for the bonus stand, selected a shipping method they offered, chose pay later as that was allowed at the time, paid in full when asked after they changed their exclusive items preoder policy, received the Preparation email, and then chirping crickets. I expect, nay, demand, to get what I ordered and paid for in good faith.

I think there are two issues. 1) they underestimated shipping costs so for the stock they had they asked for more money (though apparently not from everyone). 2) For those of us who haven't heard anything, they didn't get enough stock so they don't have anything to ship you.

I'm not going to panic yet but this happened to me with MP-10Eva. I think it was TFsource that claimed their shipment was lost so they never honored any of their preorders and just refunded everyone their money but, of course, the toy was sold out everywhere by the time they came clean about it.

After sending N-Y a response asking them to ship my item at the agreed upon price or refund the price of the item I got this message:

"As we informed you we are not able to sent the order by EMS for the shipping cost you already paid. So if you don't want pay an additional cost, it will be send by Eco Sal registered"

My question now is, what is the difference and is it worth getting through Eco Sal shipping? I'm not too familiar with any risks involved with this method of shipping. Thanks!

I can't believe they're actually going to make the feet brown... seems gratuitous and like it might just beg for paint scratching unless they're going to make brown hued metal.

After sending N-Y a response asking them to ship my item at the agreed upon price or refund the price of the item I got this message:

"As we informed you we are not able to sent the order by EMS for the shipping cost you already paid. So if you don't want pay an additional cost, it will be send by Eco Sal registered"

My question now is, what is the difference and is it worth getting through Eco Sal shipping? I'm not too familiar with any risks involved with this method of shipping. Thanks!

No expert but I believe you'd get tracking but no insurance and it will take longer to get to you.

Edited by jenius

It's has a higher risk because it takes longer to get to you. It normally takes 14 days , but there are times it will take 30, case by case of course. Most of those extra days is just sitting inside a ULD, Container, cart, wait for their turn since they have low priority status. I use Register Sal normally and it fine.

From their reply, it does seem like they are willing to work with you to finalize the sale, which believe it or not , does show that they are not just about making money. :unsure:

They could've just refunded your money as requested and then relisted the item on their website for a higher price, or just give it to the next person in the waiting line. :rolleyes:

For refund depending on when you paid, the exchange rate will not be in your favor and you will actually lose money if you paid them in Yen. <_<

Well it's just as i feared. The versions with the stands are all gone. I emailed support asking what up and this is what they said.

Hello

After check with the dispatch center it's seems there are all gone

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

Needless to day i'm pissed. I ordered early enough to qualify for the bonus stand, selected a shipping method they offered, chose pay later as that was allowed at the time, paid in full when asked after they changed their exclusive items preoder policy.

Edit: As a final insult i went to reply to that message but i couldn't find any reply options. Then i noticed they "resolved" my ticket. I had to reopen it to reply.

Edited by Sandman

This is the same message I got, then I followed the link, gave them their money, and Roy shipped out pretty quick after. So what the hell happened here, is it a stock issue or a communication issue? They're sending out messages that claim it's a stock issue, and those messages come through fine, how can messages with a link to an invoice get lost or not come though for certain people? Are there images of the limited stand, it's just a Tamashii act 5 right? Does it come in a special or sizable box? I hope this dumb little stand isn't the root of these issues.

At least they gave you a link! I got nothin'

If they are having a shortage, I suspect those who ordered limited stand version might get short-changed and end up with the valk alone.

They replied to my earlier ticket and told me it'll be shipped today but I'm having doubts. I have a feeling this might be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Edited by neoexcaliber

Well it's just as i feared. The versions with the stands are all gone. I emailed support asking what up and this is what they said.

Hello

After check with the dispatch center it's seems there are all gone

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com

Customer Service

Needless to day i'm pissed. I ordered early enough to qualify for the bonus stand, selected a shipping method they offered, chose pay later as that was allowed at the time, paid in full when asked after they changed their exclusive items preoder policy.

Edit: As a final insult i went to reply to that message but i couldn't find any reply options. Then i noticed they "resolved" my ticket. I had to reopen it to reply.

This is horrendous, how large is this company, maybe it's only a few people and that's why when something goes wrong it goes terribly wrong

I'm wondering if the bonus stand comes in a separate box and that's what pushed the shipping cost up? I would think Bandai would use the same box as the Hikaru VF-1S for the Roy since the stand was a limited bonus for early orders. This way they don't have to change packaging for later non-bonus stand orders.

Edited by sharky

I'm wondering if the bonus stand comes in a separate box and that's what pushed the shipping cost up? I would think Bandai would use the same box as the Hikaru VF-1S for the Roy since the stand was a limited bonus for early orders. This way they don't have to change packaging for later non-bonus stand orders.

If you guys will just browse the previous pages, you will see that F360 already posted the set 3 days ago that shows the stand and its own special 'small box'. And yes, it's just a special Roy Focker stamped solo version of Tamashii Act 5 in smoke black color.

At least they gave you a link! I got nothin'

Same here. I was expecting a paypal link in my inbox this morning. Nothing!

Question, have you checked your PayPal account? Some members said they received their invoice directly to their PayPal account. Maybe they sent out one for you too. ;)

Edited by no3ljm