Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Strange, mine already shipped from NY, and that was after I paid their little extra invoice they sent me, hell it already left Japan.

Same here. I don't know if that surprise shipping payment was an N-Y tax on early pre-orders with the stand or an honest mistake, but once I paid it they processed my order quickly.

Same here. I don't know if that surprise shipping payment was an N-Y tax on early pre-orders with the stand or an honest mistake, but once I paid it they processed my order quickly.

I'm pretty sure they forgot to add the estimated weight of the free stand. The shipping price seems to be the same as the Hikaru version that don't have a stand . Seems they also honored some of the orders, but can't do it for all the orders.

I wonders if anyone would reply to their invoice email with , it seems the extra free stand is causing this extra 1000 yen charge , if i don't want the stand , will you not charge me extra ?

Is the free stand worth the extra 1000 yen?

I'm pretty sure they forgot to add the estimated weight of the free stand. The shipping price seems to be the same as the Hikaru version that don't have a stand . Seems they also honored some of the orders, but can't do it for all the orders.

I wonders if anyone would reply to their invoice email with , it seems the extra free stand is causing this extra 1000 yen charge , if i don't want the stand , will you not charge me extra ?

Is the free stand worth the extra 1000 yen?

It can't be that because not everyone is getting the additional charge. Maybe it depends on what box they grabbed. Maybe the people getting the surcharge will find their toys arriving in oversized boxes because NY ran out of smaller ones.

EDIT - and still, people should be happy, NY still hasn't shipped mine. Just that preparation email.

Edited by jenius

BETTER READ ABOUT NY AND VF-1S ROY

I preordered and oaid in full with ems in december. When my item had not shipped, I opened a ticket and they responded saying they sent the invoice for additional shipping you are all mentioning. I never received the invoice in the inbox or spam. So those of you who are sitting on "preperation in progress" and have not received an invoice may very well have NY thinking they sent you an invoice and never did. Meanwhile product is being shipped out and your order is sitting there waiting for a payment in an invoice that was never sent.

My post above I think will open a can of worms once people in "preparation in progress" begin contacting NY like I did. My guess is many more never received an invoice that NY thinks they sent and thus their product sits while the stock gets depleted. I informed them today i never got an invoice and will not hear anthing till after midnight. I think this invoice confusion on NY's end is going to burn a lot of us. If you are in "preperation in progress" with no update and no invoice in your email, you should contact them.

Another thing I would like to mention just as an FYI regarding my additional invoice from NY for the VF-1S. I couldn't get to the payment page through the link on the email. I had to manually log in to PayPal directly to find the pending invoice and make the payment. It sounds like they are really having problems with their invoice systemm

They didn't even send an email for it, its not even listed on my order history on NY's website. I think others are in the same boat, NY thinks they sent an invoice and didn't so our product sits. They really blew this. I'm done with them if i loose these.

Edited by Omnichannel

Started a ticket.

I don't why I should have a delay. I ordered after the cut off date for the stand. They've sent people Hikaru VF-1S earlier this year. Same box for my version. Shipping cost I already paid should be correct. There's no reason to delay or charge me extra.

Nippon Yassan is HORRIBLE!!!!!

Like everyone else here, I pre ordered the 1S and elected to "pay later" when it was still an available option... they charged my card immediately. I started a ticket on it explaining the situation and requested a refund. The refused to credit me or to honor the pay later option. I had to go to my credit card company and they reversed the charges for me and told me they will deal with N-Y. I got a confirmation a few weeks ago that my order was cancelled.

Nippon Yassan is HORRIBLE!!!!!

Like everyone else here, I pre ordered the 1S and elected to "pay later" when it was still an available option... they charged my card immediately. I started a ticket on it explaining the situation and requested a refund. The refused to credit me or to honor the pay later option. I had to go to my credit card company and they reversed the charges for me and told me they will deal with N-Y. I got a confirmation a few weeks ago that my order was cancelled.

Sorry to hear about that. But from what I remember NY already change their policies regarding Tamashii Web Exclusive items in which buyer needs to pay it upfront. No more 'pay later' option for exclusives.

But for me, they still that go-to place for exclusives since the other online stores won't hold them.

Anyways, good to know that your card company already took care of it.

Sorry to hear about that. But from what I remember NY already change their policies regarding Tamashii Web Exclusive items in which buyer needs to pay it upfront. No more 'pay later' option for exclusives.

But for me, they still that go-to place for exclusives since the other online stores won't hold them.

Anyways, good to know that your card company already took care of it.

yeah they made ir quite clear last year when they pretty much asked to pay upfront for web exclusives, sucks what happened to you, but they indeed announced the changes.

They didn't announce screwing people who paid by saying they sent an invoice that they didn't send. - i know you were commenting on the other post, I'm just using it as a platform to vent again- NY has always been good in the past, but this decision they made and how they are executing it is terrible. Its a dealbreaker for me if I loose preorders I paid for up front.

My Focker VF-1S is on its way from Nippon-Yasan.

For my part, I've never had any issues with them. Got Masterpiece Bumblebee from them, as well as a Renewal VF-25S Ozma for a reasonable price when everyone else was charging sky-high prices. This is my third order with N-Y.

Hopefully my dealings with N-Y will continue to go smoothly.

So what's next on the Hi-Metal R list? I'd like a VF-1D or Max and Millia. Or a Tomahawk.

Edited by Drad

They didn't announce screwing people who paid by saying they sent an invoice that they didn't send. - i know you were commenting on the other post, I'm just using it as a platform to vent again- NY has always been good in the past, but this decision they made and how they are executing it is terrible. Its a dealbreaker for me if I loose preorders I paid for up front.

I don't think they're screwing people intentionally. Even though they have the virtual shipping calculator, it's not always 100%. And probably what happened here is they just put the existing price estimate based on the previous HM-R Hikaru VF-1S release and didn't included the extra 'weight' for the bonus stand. I understand that it's frustrating sometimes dealing with this kind of store. But for now, and most of the times, they're the only ones who have those 'exclusive items'. And so far, I never had any problems with them yet. I already cancelled 3 items with them and they just gave me a warning.

Happy NY customer here for exclusive items. ;)

Seems kinda weird to me to make a main character like Roy an exclusive item. People need him for their collections and he's not widely available?

Just strange. Carry on.

Seems kinda weird to me to make a main character like Roy an exclusive item. People need him for their collections and he's not widely available?

Just strange. Carry on.

That's why he got 'that' exclusive stand, sir. ;)

Same here.

;)