Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Please guys, M&M are just other vf-1j repainted, the VF-1D is what we need... is the key. This was never done in 1/48, and 1/60 Yamato version is incorrect (the canopy is very short).

Arcadia should redesign it, in 1/60, with a new canopy, still has not done.

Bandai need to do it on this scale ... this valk was the first we saw as Battroid in the TV serie, it is one of the most iconic ....

Please Bandai, also the fans who have voted in the poll .... can you see this point ?. :rolleyes:

And? Doesn't help anyone that wants to collect in THIS scale. Yamato did a lot of things, and I don't really care

I was replying to technoblue's post about the triumvirate of movie 1S-type Valkyries in SOME scale.

That's true, but Yamato isn't a manufacturer today. They can't help fans that missed collecting the original Max 1S release or the weathering edition. Today, the secondary market is a person's only choice to find it, and rare Valkryies get expensive fast. Even the rare 1/48s are getting expensive!

I like how Bandai is giving fans another option. Yeah, if Arcadia responds with more announcements, especially if they answer Bandai by announcing more VF-1 reissues at 1/60-scale later in the year, then I'll consider those too. But what Arcadia decides to do with the VF-1 after Roy is conjecture at this point.

Anyway, enough ranting. : ) I like to keep an open mind, but for the moment I think Bandai will have Max's 1S available before Arcadia.

Same here, I hope Bandai consider the VF-1S Max... And Miriya's Q-Rau too... Soon.

The Arcadia 1/60 line is discouraging me very fast. I've never wanted the complete collection mind you, but even those VF-1 I really want in that scale are hard to get and reissues are too far apart if not unlikely, so I'm getting the full HMR line instead. For instance, I've never owned the M&M's, so this is my chance to have them in scale with a bunch of other Macross stuff.

The Arcadia 1/60 line is discouraging me very fast. I've never wanted the complete collection mind you, but even those VF-1 I really want in that scale are hard to get and reissues are too far apart if not unlikely, so I'm getting the full HMR line instead. For instance, I've never owned the M&M's, so this is my chance to have them in scale with a bunch of other Macross stuff.

Not to mention too expensive! Only have the Hikaru DYRL anniversary fastpack version and the reaction armor.

The VF-1A would be easy for them to do. It just a new head. You have to create a entire new nose section and fast packs for the 2 seat types. The VF-1A is just a new head.

Worst part is they don't even need to do that. They made a VF-1A head sculpt for DYRL Kakizaki, Max, and Hikaru (even if they were web shop exclusives) that were pretty good and could easily be carried over.

In that case hurry up with the VF-1A.

Got my order prep notice for me-type as well. This will be my first VF-1 from this line. I really do love my 1/60 collection. The current prices for new 1/60 with shipping is too high to justify getting. They aren't offering anything different. This HMR line small scale is keeping cost with shipping at reasonable levels and they are offering us something different. Offer me something that I want. That I can't get from someone else at a fair price and you win by default.

So Nippon-Yasan is trying to charge me an additional 1,000 yen stating that the item is bigger than expected for the VF-1S Focker. Anyone else get this message? I want this item, but if there's nothing to be done I'll probably have to get a refund.

That's something they occasionally do which can be infuriating since it's clearly their mistake. I don't see how they could've gotten shipping cost wrong when the Hikaru version was released earlier and shipping cost for that remained unchanged. Unless they claim the special stand adds 100 grams to the shipping cost.

How many pieces did you order?

Edited by neoexcaliber

For those that's getting an extra shipping charge message , what was your shipping , EMS, RSal ?

Did you preorder earlier that comes with free stand? Or later no stand?

Did you order just 1?

The extra box and the extra stand will add some weight but it shouldn't be 1000 yen worth. The weight of those extra shouldn't be more than 150grams.

And the size shouldn't matter much to the price because of how small the regular ones are , it should all still fit within the small parcel restrictions.

For those that's getting an extra shipping charge message , what was your shipping , EMS, RSal ?

Did you order just 1?

The extra box and the extra stand will add some weight but it shouldn't be 1000 yen worth. The weight of those extra shouldn't be more than 150grams.

And the size shouldn't matter much to the price because of how small the regular ones are , it should all still fit within the small parcel restrictions.

I was charged an additional ¥1000. Mine 'should' come with the stand as I pre-ordered on the first day. I only ordered the one, and had it shipped EMS to Toronto, Canada.

Did you order just 1?

Like Gunn, I placed an early pre-order for this 1S (first day) and I think the stand is part of my order. I chose EMS shipping, and delivery is to the US. As noted in my previous reply, I ordered just one copy.