Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I agree HM-R may slow down a bit. The lack of global rights keeps Macross down. It will always be a niche until that is cleared up, probably never...

Ugh, Harmony Gold. To make things worse they provide us really poor imitations of the awesome Macross stuff coming out of Japan. The only good Macross products they have given us through Toynami are the vinyl regults. At this point I wonder if they haven't LOST more money than they've made by not trying their best to negotiate with Big West.

On the plus side my HMR Strike Hikaru showed up today (EMS from Mandarake). First impressions...It's blue (well greyish blue). Weird choice of base color for this toy. Second impression...its TIGHT, like SUPER tight compared to my HM VF-1Js. This is both good and bad. Great for posability, but a bit scary for transformation. Keep it coming Bandai!

Is it a good idea to do some panel lining using tamiya panel line accent color on these hi-metal mechas?

If panel lining will add cool factor on the toy, why not? ;) Just make sure you topcoat it to lock the paint. :) And post some pics when you're done.

Coming release in Sep...

News from FB Macross fans united...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/481062632073259/

Bandai Twitter 發表2016年9月發售「HI-METAL R」VF-1?(????機), 詳細近日公佈, 可能會係...
「HI-METAL R」シリーズ次期ラインナップ「VF-1● バルキリー(●●●●機)」9月発売予定!詳細は近日発表予定です

13055443_10209624962164462_8098242421243

12993570_10209624962284465_3406741333361

12990997_10209624962324466_5708170833013

Is this double set?

Don't know if I want or not. I want them in 1/60 for my 1/60 collection. I've got one HMR VF-1 coming my way just so I at least have one. Don't know if want to get any variants. Every VF-1 is essentially the same toy. I'm guessing this line will alternate between a new mecha and a VF-1 variant.

At least we know we are getting a 2nd wave.

Since I don't read Japanese, is that a September release date or a September preorder date? Also, I see the Max info, was there info for Miria also? It'd be sweet if these are our September/October releases.

EDIT - yes, that Max VF-1J is mistransformed in fighter mode. The legs/arms shouldn't be at that angle to make the gun point at the nose!

Edited by jenius

I think that was September release with a preorder coming up very soon. They don't seem to be going by wave 1,2 as much as a standard release every 2 months with a web exclusive thrown in the mix like the Roy 1s. The millia may end up a web exclusive since it's a recolor of the Max.

So far they are picking from the vote list recently and a few of the ones pictured already have prototypes shown on display, so I have a feeling we will see them all one day and hopefully more.

As far as vf1's I'd like to see that super 1a that was teased a while back, but I love them all and with a couple of months between it gives me time to eve up for the next release.

The M&M TV Valkyries would be glorious. I would also like to see Bandai reissue Max's 1S for this line, because everyone should have a chance to own the triumvirate of movie 1S-type Valkyries in some scale. B))

Yamato already did it.

Yamato already did it.

That's true, but Yamato isn't a manufacturer today. They can't help fans that missed collecting the original Max 1S release or the weathering edition. Today, the secondary market is a person's only choice to find it, and rare Valkryies get expensive fast. Even the rare 1/48s are getting expensive!

I like how Bandai is giving fans another option. Yeah, if Arcadia responds with more announcements, especially if they answer Bandai by announcing more VF-1 reissues at 1/60-scale later in the year, then I'll consider those too. But what Arcadia decides to do with the VF-1 after Roy is conjecture at this point.

Anyway, enough ranting. : ) I like to keep an open mind, but for the moment I think Bandai will have Max's 1S available before Arcadia.

Edited by technoblue

If I'm not mistaken Glaug is may, Monster is July and Max is September so if Millia ends up a web exclusive and Bandai sticks to the voting list November may end up Tomahawk time. If Millia ends up a standard release that throws off my crap scheduling.

I forgot that that armored1j tv version was awkwardly high on the list for voting, so maybe New Years Tomahawk.

Edited by Big s

If the nosecone is removable on Max and Milia's VF-1J's then I might be down to also buy 2 Armored VF-1J TV versions. I could customize the GBP armor for Max and Milia and use the leftover VF-1J's to customize into Delta trainer VF-1J's.

Edited by sh9000

Yamato already did it.

And? Doesn't help anyone that wants to collect in THIS scale. Yamato did a lot of things, and I don't really care.

Good news, but a bit disheartening that they're only showing Max. I'm not really that excited since I have Max's from the original hi-metal line; I just want Miria's. At least for a 1J. I am *really* hoping they put out a cannon fodder VF-1A (the #1 thing I was looking forward to when HMR was announced, not more DYRL skull squadron rehashes) and a VE-1 sooner rather than later.

Edited by RyuRoots