Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Well, it IS huge. It IS a relatively niche item in Japan with limited appeal to the broader market (let's face it, most Macross fans are older). And it's expensive.

I have to admit, I wonder how many Japanese fans are gonna spring for the Monster. Space is an issue in Japan, so there are probably a lot of collectors who may pass on the Monster just because of that. And while the hardest of the hardcore will happily spend the money on it, there are probably more who won't. Hopefully Bandai has taken these things into account and won't kill the line if the Monster doesn't do as well as they'd like.

I'm not an expert on this, but do you think it could have something to do with the fact that AmiAmi misspelled Destroid as "Destroyed"? Perhaps it doesn't show up so easily on a search engine and goes unnoticed, thus the low sales?

Guest davidwhangchoi

We need to figure out what figure will fit....

gallery_12176_633_408487.jpg

i haven't received my set in the mail yet but is there room for legs to fit below in there? i wonder if a figure can sit in there/

i haven't received my set in the mail yet but is there room for legs to fit below in there? i wonder if a figure can sit in there/

It is too big...I was hoping the small Matchbox Zentran figure that was posted by sh9000 might fit....but the cockpit area is too shallow.....the torso can potentially be shoehorned into it...but it would be very tight....with the legs there is no way.....

I was thinking maybe one of those smaller figurines that came with the Transformers cars from hasbro....I do not own any but remember seeing them at the stores...I think a figure that small could possible fit, but even then I do not think there was any articulation in the legs....it still would need to bend at the knees to get in there....

This is what I am referring to....A pilot in this size might fit.....I think it was smaller than the standard 3 3/4" action figures....hmmmm....maybe it can bend at the knees? Anyone own this figure and can try it out for size inside the HMR Regult?

tf_rotf_bumblebee_sam.jpg

Wow! Regult jsut arrived.

1. I love it. Its great. Its also huge. I expected it to be smaller. The metal joints are awesome.

2. I'll definitely be selling my second one unopened when it arrives. for NOT a markup (well to cover my shipping but no scalper pricing) Its cool but I dont need an army. It's coming by SAL so i will post in 6-8 months. ;)

My fourth just arrived from HLJ, waiting on the last two then I'm good at six. Moving forward, I need three of each Destroid variant except the monster of course, and I'll take three of each of the Regult missile variants as well.

My explanation of that scene is that everyone thought he was stupid for mounting the gunpod backwards in fighter mode, then when he transformed his partner proclaimed him a genius over the eventual outcome. Plus he was probably just showing off and did it as a dare.

When I watch that scene and contrast it to Max's demeanor outside of the combat zone....

It makes me think that if the ASS-1 never had crashed onto Earth.....Max would have probably went on to become a prolific serial killer...think Dexter.... :rolleyes:

I do not get that from SDFM Max....only from DYRL Max......DYRL Max is kinda of a creepy guy.... :wacko:

It is too big...I was hoping the small Matchbox Zentran figure that was posted by sh9000 might fit....but the cockpit area is too shallow.....the torso can potentially be shoehorned into it...but it would be very tight....with the legs there is no way.....

I was thinking maybe one of those smaller figurines that came with the Transformers cars from hasbro....I do not own any but remember seeing them at the stores...I think a figure that small could possible fit, but even then I do not think there was any articulation in the legs....it still would need to bend at the knees to get in there....

This is what I am referring to....A pilot in this size might fit.....I think it was smaller than the standard 3 3/4" action figures....hmmmm....maybe it can bend at the knees? Anyone own this figure and can try it out for size inside the HMR Regult?

I have 2 Transformers Human Alliance figures that I can try out. They do bend at the knees. Come to think of it I have an old school figure that wears a helmet and is around the same size. It has magnets under its feet. I don't know what line it's from but I could try to paint it up as a Zentradi.

Screw it I'll just put Spider-Man in there. :lol:

post-21587-0-80866400-1457029927_thumb.jpeg

Thanks for the links, but i thought the prices were too steep. Somehow i was able to get one at HLJ this morning. I went back copy the regult link to this page, and it wasn't available anymore.

UNspacy, I do think they know. I think this is why i can't find one anymore... Or i got the last one.

This is my first Macross purchase since 2008! WOOOAHHH!

Edited by vlenhoff

Does anyone know if HLJ will let you order a 2nd one if you already have one in the warehouse? Or would that lead to a suspension of your HLJ account?

Short answer, and I know for a fact - yes you can.

-b.

Odd, I tried to get two Figuarts Force Awakens First Order Troopers from HLJ, had one in my private warehouse paid for, and then I tried to order another, it went through, but instead of receiving a payment request notice HLJ emailed and said the limit was one and requested I cancel the second order or I could have my account suspended. I don't know, I cancelled my second figure like they requested, if it says limit 1 I always assumed they meant it, personally, I wouldn't risk it. I've emailed them before when I got my Tamashii Yellow Aura Effects for my DBZ Figuarts, I once again bought and paid for one in my private warehouse, remembering what happened with my First Order Troopers, I emailed them and asked if I could buy a second, or ship the one I have with my other stuff then order another in a separate order, and to both they said no, if the limit says 1, they mean 1, but they also said if you notice the limit gets changed to three or something you could order more without issue. I don't know, if Kaneda's certain then great, but I personally wouldn't run the risk, you could be the one customer they catch and decide to punish. I can't recall anyone complaining about being suspended on here before, it was always a hanging threat with HLJ, so it may just be them blowing smoke, who knows, it's kind of a grey area.

Missed the HLJ preorder on the monster, got it from amiami, so thanks for the heads up.

Got my 2 regults from HLJ today. They're awesome! They compare favorable with the Toynami's (still need both standards and the light artillery). Not an army builder, but the price was too awesome and in case the missile pods are add-ons.

I can't figure out how to link from dropbox or gdrive, so I'll share links with comparison to the Toynami heavy missle version (which can even rest on the stand that comes with the HMR):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_d9TfExZnozVjAza2NUWVBZQ3M/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_d9TfExZnozTWFvRW0wZU1jVEE/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_d9TfExZnozOGk4MzVXeWVEaDA/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_d9TfExZnozUy1jY19hWVpXLVk/view?usp=sharing