Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I'm only in for the Glaug so far, but between this diorama talk and the collection display thread, I wish someone would give some stop motion animation a shot. I do recall at least one such video on YouTube.

Dang, my Regults showed up yesterday and I can't be here to pick them up for days. No idea how I'm going to get these damn things before they're sent back.

you can sign a release form and ask someone living with you to pick the item up from the post office for you.

you can sign a release form and ask someone living with you to pick the item up from the post office for you.

Luckily they don't require someone be present for re-delivery so they can leave it at the door. The only person I used to live with is now in a nursing home and can't sign for me anymore. She's the reason why I'll never be home to sign for the package now.

Too bad the PO doesn't offer the same service Fed Ex does, they'll re-route and hold shipments at different locations. There's one down the road from the nursing home that's open 23 1/2 hours a day and that's been a life saver.

I always get a pink notice from USPS if I miss a package, especially if it's coming from another country. Then I just pick it up at the post office the next day. I guess some post offices work differently.

Edited by sh9000

Luckily they don't require someone be present for re-delivery so they can leave it at the door. The only person I used to live with is now in a nursing home and can't sign for me anymore. She's the reason why I'll never be home to sign for the package now.

Too bad the PO doesn't offer the same service Fed Ex does, they'll re-route and hold shipments at different locations. There's one down the road from the nursing home that's open 23 1/2 hours a day and that's been a life saver.

Yeah ,the hold at another Fedex location is a pretty neat service , theres still lots of people that don't know about it.

Have you ever try to just ship your Usps stuff to the nursing home?

woah I placed an order for another Regult earlier this afternoon at HLJ after getting payment request on my other one, just looked right now and the page says Discontinued!

Seems like he got 2 Regults at HLJ even though the limit is 1. I wouldn't risk it.

Really tempted me there. Had one in my cart, mulled it a bit, decided "meh, what the hell, i can sell it if I change my mind." Then it's gone.

Haha, this always happens. I think I might've really been waiting for this to happen. To have the decision made for me. It's all good, as I've recently decided to divest from my 1/100 series.

I may reevaluate my stance on this scale when the deltas come out, or if they make a q rau or Vf-11. I think the glaug is awesome, but pretty $$ for the size.

I like keeping scales consistent, and I've already got 1/12, 1/60, 1/72, 1/144 & 1/4000ish. And nowhere to put them...

I panicked after reading the last few posts about HLJ suspending accounts for going over the limits, as I had just ordered a second regult, not realizing that there was a limit. I quickly shipped the last one I had sitting in my Private Warehouse so hopefully everything is ok.

Re: the Monster: I've been waiting for this toy for decades. I remember finding an old die-cast one listed in toy collecting newspaper (this was around 1990) but it was from a shop in another city. I've since had that toy, and the 1/200 model I built, but have long since sold them.

I'm so anxious for the HM-R Monster that I have my little custom built Lego one sitting on the shelf as a little placeholder (but he doesn't seem to have the presence that the big one will have).

post-917-0-86585700-1456720081_thumb.jpg

post-917-0-67935900-1456720091_thumb.jpg

Yeah ,the hold at another Fedex location is a pretty neat service , theres still lots of people that don't know about it.

Have you ever try to just ship your Usps stuff to the nursing home?

Oh God no, I do not trust that nursing home at all. I'm trying like mad to get my Mom transferred someplace else.