Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Yes, it's small scaled compared to the 1/100 VF-1. Yamato's 1/60 Regult is better scaled but it's impossible to army build.

Or scale the HMR regult with tomytec 1/144 VF-1's

:5:

:p:p:p

Ohhh opening cockpit! That's nice!

Whats nicer is in the cockpit! B))B))

post-15116-0-25393900-1456497062_thumb.jpg

CDJapan is on it! Regults on the way!

Do they include stands?

if you mean the transparent stands...yes its included. ^_^

Seems a bit smaller as a 1/100 Regult....

12794531_1013467688744596_75766680625834

Actually, I think Bandai scaled it almost perfectly. See this screencap from episode 2 below:

BEssA9G.jpg

You'll notice that the wings in gerwalk mode are as high as the knees of the Regult. Looking at how high your VF-1S's knees are and estimating the wing height if it was in gerwalk mode, you'll see that it'll also be as high as the knees of the Regult, just like in the anime.

Yamato's 1/60 Regult is the one that is supremely out of scale.

I paid AmiAmi after I woke up this morning, bundled Figuarts Phasma with my 3 Regults, all of those goodies will be on the way shortly. I'm just waiting on HLJ to send me a payment request on my fourth Regult, I can't wait to get them in!

Edit: And of course, I'm in for one Monster, but I'm wondering, why does everyone think it will be hard to get a hold of? The Glaug was a joke, and this will be even more expensive, I picture it being available for pre-order just as long as the Glaug was, I doubt anyone will have difficulty locking one down.

Edited by Tking22

CANNOT wait for that monster! woot! so much nicer looking than the macross F transformable design (which is coo in its own right but i bought it just to pretend it was this one lol). also cdjapan has shipped my regults and amiami has accepted payment....this line is about to get real fun. i feel like i need to make backgrounds in my displays now as these figures are the right size for a mini diarama

I paid AmiAmi after I woke up this morning, bundled Figuarts Phasma with my 3 Regults, all of those goodies will be on the way shortly. I'm just waiting on HLJ to send me a payment request on my fourth Regult, I can't wait to get them in!

Edit: And of course, I'm in for one Monster, but I'm wondering, why does everyone think it will be hard to get a hold of? The Glaug was a joke, and this will be even more expensive, I picture it being available for pre-order just as long as the Glaug was, I doubt anyone will have difficulty locking one down.

Here's hoping you're right! I think it may be tougher than the Glaug as is not an enemy mecha, it is iconic, and it is more or less the first toy ever to be made for it.

i feel like i need to make backgrounds in my displays now as these figures are the right size for a mini diorama

Exactly what I had in mind..... :)

I have no idea how to clean up an image in photoshop...so I may solicit for some backgrounds later...I'm thinking about taking one of the Tenjin Destroid boxart illustrations and editing out the destroid and foreground objects, like the Defender, Tomahawk, or phalnx in these pics...and just leaving the background image....

wave-macross-destroid-defender-pa.jpg

wavmc-71box.png

wavmc-73_0.jpg

I just pulled the trigger on a Hi-Metal R GBP Hikaru VF-1J, just so he can fight the Regults that are on the way. Gotta recreate that opening credits scene! :lol:

Something tells me I'm gonna end up (sorta) double-dipping on Hikaru if they do a TV version, though. Impatience is a terrible thing. I want TV versions of all of them! I hope we get a VF-1D soon, with Hikaru and Minmay.

Damn straight! This looks like our best chance to get a complete collection, to me.

Looking at that lineart, I guess the scale IS correct. I just always figured that a Zentran pilot was the same size as a Valkyrie in battroid mode, using the Hikaru VF-1J versus Breetai fight as a reference. Breetai is way bigger than a normal Zentran though. Speaking of Breetai, do you think we'll see him in the Hi-Metal R line, or will he be a larger-sized Figuarts?

Edited by Drad

Just paid for my 3 Regults at amiami. On average each Regult is $60 shipped from the stores I'm buying them from. My 2 Regults from cdjapan have shipped. Hope to get a payment request from HLJ and a shipping notice from nippon-yasan and mykombini today. Can't wait for all of my Regults to come in!

Interesting. I haven't heard anything from mykombini yet. I wonder if they will come through.

Damn straight! This looks like our best chance to get a complete collection, to me.

Looking at that lineart, I guess the scale IS correct. I just always figured that a Zentran pilot was the same size as a Valkyrie in battroid mode, using the Hikaru VF-1J versus Breetai fight as a reference. Breetai is way bigger than a normal Zentran though. Speaking of Breetai, do you think we'll see him in the Hi-Metal R line, or will he be a larger-sized Figuarts?

Yeah....I've said it before...this HM/HMR line is pure genius on the part of Bandai...it is the perfect size for an all-encompassing line that mixes mecha from all sides....1/60 and 1/72 are just too big and cost-prohibitive to include some of the larger mechs and vehicles....sure there are some compromises but at this scale it is expected to keep the costs down and quality up....

Love...it's what makes a Hi-Metal R a Hi-Metal R! :wub:

Edited by jvmacross

I wouldn't sweat the scales from a 1982 TV show where a Zentradi the size of a VF-1 battroid can fit comfortably inside a Regult. The scales shown constantly changed. I wouldn't use a single screencap as some kind definitive proof of scale. As long as it more or less "looks right."

Because it's easy to pull a screencap to prove the opposite side. :p

regult%20size%20screencap_zpsot2tztn7.jp

Hell, even in the age of CGI models, we get things like Klan being the size of a VF-25 battroid, and that's way bigger than a VF-1.

Yeah....I've said it before...this HM/HMR line is pure genius on the part of Bandai...it is the perfect size for an all-encompassing line that mixes mecha from all sides....1/60 and 1/72 are just too big and cost-prohibitive to include some of the larger mechs and vehicles....sure there are some compromises but at this scale it is expected to keep the costs down and quality up....

Love...it's what makes the Bandai Macross Hi-Metal R line! :wub:

Hmm. So Bandai's Hi-Metal R is doing for Macross what George Lucas and Kenner did for Star Wars when they introduced the 4-inch figure scale. Makes sense! Then again, Star Wars Black Series cranked out a 6-inch scale T.I.E. fighter. Good Lord! :lol:

I wouldn't sweat the scales from a 1982 TV show where a Zentradi the size of a VF-1 battroid can fit comfortably inside a Regult. The scales shown constantly changed. I wouldn't use a single screencap as some kind definitive proof of scale. As long as it more or less "looks right."

Because it's easy to pull a screencap to prove the opposite side. :p

regult%20size%20screencap_zpsot2tztn7.jp

Hell, even in the age of CGI models, we get things like Klan being the size of a VF-25 battroid, and that's way bigger than a VF-1.

True. Funny that based on that screenshot, the Yamato Regult appears to be undersized. A VF-1 battroid looks like it'll only reach up to the Regult's knee even when standing up straight.

Seriously reconsidering picking up the Armoured 1J now..., just to have an inscale fight going on..damn you Bandai... :angry: (goes off to search ebay) :ph34r:

I just did that very thing. Cost me $150. Dang it. :lol:

Interesting. I haven't heard anything from mykombini yet. I wonder if they will come through.

I thought some guys here who have already preordered something from mykombini, where they emailed the customer saying they couldn't fill the preorders or something. Anyone, care to verify this?

Even though HLJ has, or had, these in stock I still haven't received a payment request for my Regault and MP Hot Rod.

They are so painfully slow some(all)times.

-b.

Oh. Hot Rodimus is already out? Cool. I was just asking about this when I replied to HLJ's email regarding my VF-0S. Hope they sent out the invoice for this so I can pay it along with my 2nd VF-0S re-order. ;)

Oh. Hot Rodimus is already out? Cool. I was just asking about this when I replied to HLJ's email regarding my VF-0S. Hope they sent out the invoice for this so I can pay it along with my 2nd VF-0S re-order. ;)

Yep! And more OT, I'm rolling the dice on waiting for a sale on the VF-0S (missed the one that Hobby Search had).

On-topic, I'm kind of excited for the Regault, it may, kindle more of a passing interest in this line once I have it in hand to go along with Hikaru's VF-1S.

-b.