Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I dont have sticker shock so much as I just have never been a huge fan of the monster.. So its an easy pass for me. I have paid that for Metal Gundams.. and a few other things.

Also.. Yea. the Detolf Comment. it wont fit in my shelves!

I'm sure the Monster will be available at discounts ranging from 5% to 15%+ from the usual sources when pre-orders go up. It is expensive, but it's huge, and it's not like it's way beyond the range of prices Macross collectors are willing to pay recently (before discounts, VF-0S = ¥34800, VF-4G = ¥27000, etc. -- the HWR-00 does not transform, true, but that does not mean it's all that much cheaper to engineer and produce). The real sticker shock, I expect, will be how much this sucker will cost to ship.

8FFvmQH.jpg

I'll be getting several of these. If they don't make the TV version then I'll hold on to the old school Matchbox ones.

gallery_21587_791_82696.jpeg

Actually I'll still make use of all of this with the HMR line.

Edited by sh9000

As a general rule, companies should never ask their customers what they want. Henry Ford has a famous quote about it, "They would have asked for faster horses" and Steve Jobs has lots of quotes about it... basically all saying it's dumb to do. The folks demanded the Monster... now none of them will buy it because what they really want is a repainted VF-1.

I'm enjoying the reactions immensely.

The original monster never did transform. This looks great to me. It's big but to me it's a must have. I've been wishing for this for years.

The Koenig monster toys came out a few years ago when Japanese toy prices weren't as high as today. If those were out today they may be closer to a $400plus release.

The original monster never did transform. This looks great to me. It's big but to me it's a must have. I've been wishing for this for years.

The Koenig monster toys came out a few years ago when Japanese toy prices weren't as high as today. If those were out today they may be closer to a $400plus release.

Easily the funniest thing I've read here in ages. :D

I'm sure the Monster will be available at discounts ranging from 5% to 15%+ from the usual sources when pre-orders go up. It is expensive, but it's huge, and it's not like it's way beyond the range of prices Macross collectors are willing to pay recently (before discounts, VF-0S = ¥34800, VF-4G = ¥27000, etc. -- the HWR-00 does not transform, true, but that does not mean it's all that much cheaper to engineer and produce). The real sticker shock, I expect, will be how much this sucker will cost to ship.

yeah, I really hope it's a normal release, that way the usual discount can kick in.

But if it's a Web exclusive then it's 25000 + tax + fee + etc.

Well it's bigger than the Koenig. Right?

in the photo with it standing next to a 1:100 Hi-Metal it does look like its quite a good size but then again its kinda decieving as those 1:100 are quite small.. I'd say its gonna be a similar size to a Koenig or maybe just a smidgen bigger. Still plenty big enough for me to justify buying one!

While the original Monster doesn't transform it could have several moveable gimmick features to make up for it.

At that size it

i'd be happy with some leds =)

It looks enormous!

Imagine how big the box will be.

Where do I put it?

my usual answer: don't worry about it, just keep doing what you're doing!

yeah, I really hope it's a normal release, that way the usual discount can kick in.

But if it's a Web exclusive then it's 25000 + tax + fee + etc.

:wacko: Forgot to consider that possibility. You're absolutely right; if Bandai goes the Tamashii Web exclusive rout for the Monster, then all bets are off in regards to discounts... easier to secure a pre-order to be sure, but a larger, more immediate dent to the wallet.

Monsters were the true unsung heroes of space war 1.

There was a episode where they ambushed kamjin by hiding behind some bumps in the dirt and surrounded him. Sure they probably took ages to move but 1 hit and your doomed. (DYRL shows how easy it was to slice zentradi ships into pieces with one)

Anytime it took a step it could wreck the floor accidentally which I find funny. They should have equiped it with it own anti gravity thing to increase the speed and not destroy the environment so much.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker