Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Wow, looks smaller than I expected next to that Focker toy.

Probably the angle and lens is making it look small. IXTL has a good video showing the display.

Here's 2 pics of the same display taken at different angles:

183809r9be0z0lmmfbr0wf.jpg

f90a14f49fee5bb0bc631403090b919314520647

From Bandai's page but from what happened with the Advance take it with a grain of salt.

item_0000011252_NoVBEwa5_10.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

Probably the angle and lens is making it look small. IXTL has a good video showing the display.

Here's 2 pics of the same display taken at different angles:

From Bandai's page but from what happened with the Advance take it with a grain of salt.

item_0000011252_NoVBEwa5_10.jpg

Cool, this picture is very reassuring.

The stand could be just a brace for display purposes...remember there were arm stands in the displays in the beginning but those arent seen now supporting the arms..

OOTB, i wouldnt want any toy to have to depend on a stand, but rather as an option than none.

Then, I can brace the toy as and when is desired, so joints remain stiff over time...

I feel like every time there's a picture of a toy with a stand everyone always freaks out and assumes it can't stand on its own and it ALWAYS can.

I'm pretty sure the Glaug would be able to stand on its own given its huge feet and wide stance. It was more of a sarcastic remark... like geez Bandai must you always include stands in your pics? lol

I think they think the stand is a selling point. Comes with stand, YAY! Probably more so for the Glaug since it's kind of hard to imagine any cool extras it comes with. Oooh they should have made Regult option parts come with the Glaug (like the med/long range missile parts).

I think they think the stand is a selling point. Comes with stand, YAY! Probably more so for the Glaug since it's kind of hard to imagine any cool extras it comes with. Oooh they should have made Regult option parts come with the Glaug (like the med/long range missile parts).

Haha! That's a good idea!

Anyways I don't see the point with this stand. A good stand should provided/support flying or some sort of action pose but this Glaug stand merely supports itself standing! Hence many would assume it can't stand on its own or has some inherent balance issues.

Edited by QEssential

...but it will not be worth it after factoring shipping.

They're offering Registered SAL as a shipping option (1310 Yen); even with PayPal conversion fee, CDJ's price can't be beat. I put an order in for one, with a 100 Yen discount I had, my total came to 6990 Yen = 59.18 USD.

So I can get the GBP VF-IJ priced for Y12700 at a local store tomorrow. I'm very torn, so i'm asking you guys for advice:

1) Is this figure more of a toy than an expensive model? Meaning, is it fun to play with? That's kind of what i'm looking for.

2) Is the transformation relatively simple and easy compared to the 1/60's and 1/48's?

3) Is the partsforming a pain or relatively painless? The add-on landing gear instinctively bugs me, but i'm wondering how much of an issue it would be.

Overall, do you find that it's worth the price?