Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I did ask NY about the pay later option for Macross toys when they discontinued that option for other Tamashii items but they told me they don't require upfront payment for them. I assumed that was because of the popularity of Macross toys on their site but I guess they did get tired of cancellations. That being said, it would've been better if they just asked up to pay for it upfront back when they opened the pre-orders instead of entrapping us a month later because that's exactly how I feel since I sent them a message about the pay later option before I placed my order.

So the lesson here is, all Tamashii items will be 'pay now' and I'm ok with it as long as they state it clearly before I place an order. I'm still gonna pay NY early though. :p

Yeah. That Hulkbuster PO really hurt my budget when they emailed that all Tamashii Web Exclusives need to pay upfront form now on. The only good thing that came out from this ruling is, we're sure that we're going to get the item since they're the only ones (against Ami, HLJ, HS, etc) who carry Tamashii exclusives on MSRP. And I mean MSRP during the initial preorder window. I'm not sure with the other online stores though. So it's better for me to gamble with NY than go with other stores instead. Just my 2 cents into it. ;)

Yeah. That Hulkbuster PO really hurt my budget when they emailed that all Tamashii Web Exclusives need to pay upfront form now on. The only good thing that came out from this ruling is, we're sure that we're going to get the item since they're the only ones (against Ami, HLJ, HS, etc) who carry Tamashii exclusives on MSRP. And I mean MSRP during the initial preorder window. I'm not sure with the other online stores though. So it's better for me to gamble with NY than go with other stores instead. Just my 2 cents into it. ;)

I wouldn't count on that. When NY had the Metal Build Heine Custom up for pre-order, I sent them a message asking if they can guarantee stock since the item was popular and they said yes. I paid for it upfront only to get a message 2 weeks later claiming they couldn't get stock. They refunded my money but I was also out of options as the other stores had sold out. What I'm saying is, NY might not be very reliable for popular items and considering how they don't fulfill orders based on a first-come, first-served basis, no one should be surprised if you don't get the limited edition stand for the VF-1S Roy despite ordering early.

Edited by neoexcaliber

Huge box pic treat.

I'll open it up later and take some pics with the DYRL Regults.

Paid for my VF-1S Strike Roy earlier this morning in JPY. Can't wait for it to come in.

gallery_21587_791_329034.jpeg

Edited by sh9000

I got the payment notice from NY too. I understand their reasons for doing so but 4mths is a little way to advance. Maybe 2mths from release would be more ideal. Now I'm stuck in budget limbo with so many other releases slated for this month.... :(

Half thinking of cancelling. Anywhere else available that will let me pay in April?

I got the payment notice from NY too. I understand their reasons for doing so but 4mths is a little way to advance. Maybe 2mths from release would be more ideal. Now I'm stuck in budget limbo with so many other releases slated for this month.... :(

Half thinking of cancelling. Anywhere else available that will let me pay in April?

They are all upfront payment , and if you cancel and place a new preorders somewhere else , they will not include the limited display stand assuming that you place your order at Nippon-Yasan before the first batch deadline.

They are all upfront payment , and if you cancel and place a new preorders somewhere else , they will not include the limited display stand assuming that you place your order at Nippon-Yasan before the first batch deadline.

Dang! That's all right. I know a bank nearby that has slack security certain times of the day.

Yeah, those were my pictures. I was also expecting Kawamori's refinements to be reflected somehow, but it looks like it's just 99.8% the same thing.

Was Kawamori actually working on refinements to the sculpt or was it about something else when those pics were taken?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yeah, those were my pictures. I was also expecting Kawamori's refinements to be reflected somehow, but it looks like it's just 99.8% the same thing.

wouldn't it be nice if that was about the 1/35 scale vf-1

OK, so I decided to play with one of my Hi-Metal R VF-1J's and found that they forgot to install a pin through the arm at the elbow joint. The arm can be pulled off and will come off when posing the arm. Does anyone know where I can find one of these types of pins?

Edited by Loop

Thanks, been looking to get some Regults - kept missing the pre-order windows. Never used that site before though, anyone else have experience with mykombini.com? I know someone mentioned they had pretty good feedback on eBay (back on Page 58), but I don't see much mention of them on the Net. :)

Was Kawamori actually working on refinements to the sculpt or was it about something else when those pics were taken?

It was supposed to be refinements to the sculpt.

wouldn't it be nice if that was about the 1/35 scale vf-1

No, it was about the Hi-metal.

Thanks, been looking to get some Regults - kept missing the pre-order windows. Never used that site before though, anyone else have experience with mykombini.com? I know someone mentioned they had pretty good feedback on eBay (back on Page 58), but I don't see much mention of them on the Net. :)

I pulled the trigger with them on a Strike Valk, their service seems to be okay, but I'm still waiting for the mail to get it to me. Tracking in Japan was fine, but then it seems to have been swallowed up in Los Angeles :(

Edited by warrhead

I pulled the trigger with them on a Strike Valk, their service seems to be okay, but I'm still waiting for the mail to get it to me. Tracking in Japan was fine, but then it seems to have been swallowed up in Los Angeles :(

I'm with you... Both my VF-19 Advance and VF-1S are still in the "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" stage... Been like that this whole week. Praying for an update Monday or Tuesday =/.

I have yet to open the 1s, but the grey looks darker than the 1j. Although I am looking through a plastic window, so it may be a little lighter out of the package.

I was thinking about keeping this one mib and opening the Roy version because I don't think I would want to ever sell the roy1s with that super cool stand.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I broke down and payed for my 2x Roy VF-1S's @ NY. I decided I could not let them go lol, NY better include my stands for the order. :lol:

i have till the 17th... still mulling it over.