Hi-Metal R

joppewo

@microtree33

It would appear that the Regult will be milked and have separate releases for each missile version.

Our top men on the streets have indicated the HMR stuff not currently on schedule for release were 3D printed bricks at the Tamashii Nations show.

Edit:that's what I recall from the podcast. After listening again, it was mentioned that it looked ready to go as it was smooth and looked good, but he still wasn't 100% sure it wasn't still a more refined printed prototype. In any case there was no indication of a release date, so it's not a confirmed item that will definitely be made.

I don't think it's a matter of not being popular or that people are not that big of fans of the N-G. I always liked the design and wished more toys were made of it. I think the issue is most companies prioritize other mecha way before the N-G. More of a marketing/project investment issue. A toy company is going to develop toys that will give the most return on their development costs.

Edited by sharky

I really dig the Nos-Ger as a design, but it seems to lack the relatively widespread popularity of the other Zentradi mecha. For anyone familiar with the show(s), is there a reason for this? Thanks.

Aside from the fact that it's an enemy mech which in general don't sell as well as good guy toys. The Nosjadeul Ger has two very different designs in the TV show and movie version. Having two versions don't really instill a solid memory of what a Nos Ger should look like as opposed to the Quadlunn Rau which had very minimal changes.

The Q-Rau also had major scenes in both versions, particularly when Miria fought Max and when she invaded the Zentran ship while Roy and Hikaru were trying to escape.

I do like the movie version of the Nos Ger more. It just has a better profile and the eyes are more menacing. I wish they didn't change it for the Q-Rau from the TV version.

Ordered one of the two VF-1J at My Kombini so they are legit if anyone is thinking about preordering a REGULT from them. I already preordered 2.

They are friendly folks over there

I soooooooooooooooooooooo can't wait till Glaug

Kombini's VF-1J stock sold out and they may carry the VF-1S's

They were the cheapest I could find at only 104 dollars

Also seen hiding in one of the dioramas is a Nousjadeul-Ger. I can't tell if it's a resin prototype or a 3D printed prototype or something that is ready-ish for production. If anyone is able to eyeball it and figure out which it is, that would be great.

attachicon.gif363050.jpg

I really dig the Nos-Ger as a design, but it seems to lack the relatively widespread popularity of the other Zentradi mecha. For anyone familiar with the show(s), is there a reason for this? Thanks.

It's very small compared to the VE-1 displayed next to it. It's very similar to my 1/144 Yellow Submarine resin kit. Maybe they used a completed kit as a placeholder??

Ordered one of the two VF-1J at My Kombini so they are legit if anyone is thinking about preordering a REGULT from them. I already preordered 2.

They are friendly folks over there

I soooooooooooooooooooooo can't wait till Glaug

Kombini's VF-1J stock sold out and they may carry the VF-1S's

They were the cheapest I could find at only 104 dollars

How legit are they? Have you bought from them before? How was the customer service? Sorry need to ask since this is the first time I've heard of them.

Surprisingly that this store is still aceepting Regult preorders whereas the bigger stores is already closed for accepting preorders.

How legit are they? Have you bought from them before? How was the customer service? Sorry need to ask since this is the first time I've heard of them.

Surprisingly that this store is still aceepting Regult preorders whereas the bigger stores is already closed for accepting preorders.

I did receive the VF-1J from them like I mentioned. They replied very quickly to my questions. I was willing to risk it because I did not want to pay $130 at Nippon Yasan.

If you don't really trust them, then don't do it. I personally think that the Regults and Glaugs will be incredibly tough to snag at every other site.

I'm surprised almost nobody had heard of them. They also have the Roy Focker reissue, but you have to pay now. Would rather take the Nippon Yasan route instead

I hope I could mass produce the Regult and display them in a squad of three. But chances are, we may not get the missile variants.

At the moment, both First Gundam in the form of Robot Damashii and TV SDF as Hi Metal are being released definitive version toys and I think I might have to get both lines.

It is better to collect toys of vintage characters instead of current characters as the latter tend to be a temporary fad and we end of selling them or throwing them away when the interest fades away.

Edited by calubin_175

I hope I could mass produce the Regult and display them in a squad of three. But chances are, we may not get the missile variants.

At the moment, both First Gundam in the form of Robot Damashii and TV SDF as Hi Metal are being released definitive version toys and I think I might have to get both lines.

It is better to collect toys of vintage characters instead of current characters as the latter tend to be a temporary fad and we end of selling them or throwing them away when the interest fades away.

That's how I feel about the Masterpiece Transformers line. I tried to get into them, but couldn't because I felt the original G1s/Diaclone toys were historic and better engineered for their time. The Masterpieces that came out after Rodimus felt a lot like the classics line.

The Hi-Metals make me feel the same way I feel about the G1/Diaclone toys. I love them and I want to own them all

I did receive the VF-1J from them like I mentioned. They replied very quickly to my questions. I was willing to risk it because I did not want to pay $130 at Nippon Yasan.

If you don't really trust them, then don't do it. I personally think that the Regults and Glaugs will be incredibly tough to snag at every other site.

I'm surprised almost nobody had heard of them. They also have the Roy Focker reissue, but you have to pay now. Would rather take the Nippon Yasan route instead

No offense. But trust is not the issue here. I don't mind buying stuff from a new store. It's just that this is the first time I heard about this store that's why I'm asking. And nobody from this board ever mention this before. Esp their credibility to offer stuff that we can't get or we can't preorder from the 'big known' online stores or running out of stock for that matter. You know what I mean. And risking $100 is different from let's say getting a $300 toy that you can't get from others and you can just buy from them the first time. ;)

But I think, it would be nice to hear more from this store before diving in. Just my 2 cents.

Well so far MyKombini is the only option for me as well so here's to hoping. BandaiOnline turned out to be a successful gamble that paid off (if a bit slow and overpriced for shipping) so let's see if these guys will work for me too. It's only $68 if it's a failure or scam as well.

No offense. But trust is not the issue here. I don't mind buying stuff from a new store. It's just that this is the first time I heard about this store that's why I'm asking. And nobody from this board ever mention this before. Esp their credibility to offer stuff that we can't get or we can't preorder from the 'big known' online stores or running out of stock for that matter. You know what I mean. And risking $100 is different from let's say getting a $300 toy that you can't get from others and you can just buy from them the first time. ;)

But I think, it would be nice to hear more from this store before diving in. Just my 2 cents.

They have a rating of 99.8 % on eBay. When I bought the VF-1j at their store (EMS shipping). It took two days to get here I kid you not. I live in NYC and even I was astonished. Hobby shops here kinda suck :(

There are many hobby oriented Japanese online stores that many on this forum are not aware of. Just try extremely hard hahaha

Since Kombini DID carry many VF-1Js, then I am very confident that Regults will be easy to aquire from them as well

Well so far MyKombini is the only option for me as well so here's to hoping. BandaiOnline turned out to be a successful gamble that paid off (if a bit slow and overpriced for shipping) so let's see if these guys will work for me too. It's only $68 if it's a failure or scam as well.

Kombini ships very fast.

mykombini has a pretty well established ebay store. i dont know if that means anything. just additional info.

I tried out mykombini.

One issue was that the shopping basket was not secure, ie not https, and got a security warning.

Anyone else worried about that?

I did register since it does not involve any secure info.

Edited by arbit

Yeah, I completely agree. I ordered three from there way back when the pre-orders first opened, but only because they didn't require any money up front. They seem to have a VERY small word of mouth on the english-speaking internet. Most of the hits on google are exactly like this thread: people asking if they are trustworthy...with inconclusive answers.

That's the reason I personally haven't been directing people there. Figured I'd take the risk with the Regults before giving them free advertising.

I did notice that the subject line of my order confirmation as well as a LOT of their ebay feedback is in French, so french speakers may have better luck finding out more about this shop.

I hope the Glaug can hold it's own arms up without the stands. Maybe the one shown is a early prototype.

If the old Playmates one could do it, this one can too.

I wonder if the Glaug will be easier to find than the Battlepods since people don't need fourteen of them like they do the Regults.

I wonder what the plan for releases is after this? Surely another Hero mech as they seem to largely be swapping between human and zentradi releases. Possibly a Destroid, or Max 1J? I also wonder if they're taking a moment to see how initial sales for the various items will go too. For instance, if Regults go like popcorn then they'll definitely do the missile releases then.

Edited by Mommar