Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I'm going all in with Hi Metal R because of the lineup and pricing. Finally I'll have a shot at getting most of the pieces I've always wanted. Pricing is decent and with these it looks like they'll stand up to handling better than my more expensive ones that are more or less display pieces. Availability remains to be seen. I hope it won't be too hard to get these.

True. And let's hope it will past beyond the release of Regult and Glaug and the 1S. ;)

It looked to me like they're planning to do pretty much everything that a Macross fan could want. Okay, maybe not everything but a lot.

My list:

Focker TV VF-1S

Hikaru TV VF-1J

Hikaru VF-1D

Max TV VF-1A

Max VF-1J

Millia VF-1J

Millia Queadlunn Rau

Kakizaki TV VF-1A

Glaug

Regult x 2

VF-2SS w/SAP

Here's hoping. :lol:

It looked to me like they're planning to do pretty much everything that a Macross fan could want. Okay, maybe not everything but a lot.

My list:

Focker TV VF-1S

Hikaru TV VF-1J

Hikaru VF-1D

Max TV VF-1A

Max VF-1J

Millia VF-1J

Millia Queadlunn Rau

Kakizaki TV VF-1A

Glaug

Regult x 2

VF-2SS w/SAP

Here's hoping. :lol:

Hahaha! :lol: I'm just mocking Bandai. Remember the initial Hi-Metal series? They have a long list of plans too. :rolleyes:

I was thinking of getting some HMR Regult and glaug, but with macross delta around the corner. ...and according with what we see in the trailer is not crazy think that maybe Bandai release some glaug and regult in his DX chogokin line?.

We would need Bandai to commit to making DX chogokin VF-1 Valkyries before they'd start thinking about Glaugs and Regults. So far the only DX VF-1 on the table is the monstrous 1/35 scale. I'd like to see a slightly smaller scale, personally.

I get the feeling that the 1/35 scale VF-1 is not transformable, but what do I know right?

I am going all in on the Hi-Metal R toys at this point. Unlike Graham, I was only able to collect all of the 1/60 v2's and destroids but did not complete the 1/48 and skipped the v1's altogether.

I just like the fact that I can have enemy's and heroes in the same scale which is a first for me. I wish this would have been possible in my preferred 1/60 scale but I can't be choosy at the moment.

I really hope they do the 1/35 and that it is transformable and that it becomes like a "Soul of Chogokin" or some other upscale release brand. I hope Bandai then creates a 1/60 DX VF-1 to play with the other DX toys. I then hope Bandai makes all the rare and hero stuff in 1/100. I don't ever expect a DX Glaug, Regult, Q-Rau, or destroid but I'll be thrilled if we get them in 1/100.

I just like the fact that I can have enemy's and heroes in the same scale which is a first for me. I wish this would have been possible in my preferred 1/60 scale but I can't be choosy at the moment.

Wholeheartedly agreed. :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'm quitting the vf-1's on this line, i can't buy the vf-1's all over again.

but i'm getting roy a few destriods and some bad guys. holding out for the 1/35

Oh yeah. I'd prolly buy a whole crew of Destroids, too. Always wanted a full squad. The Tomahawk is my favorite, I think.

If Hi Metal R really takes off, I hope Bandai will give us a TV SDF-1. That'd be icing on an already amazing cake. :)

Edited by Drad

Yeah I would love a 1/100 SDF-1 :p

Heh. Well, something in a reasonable scale would be fantastic. :lol:

What scale was the old Takatoku SDF-1? I'd be happy with that, or something close to it.

We would need Bandai to commit to making DX chogokin VF-1 Valkyries before they'd start thinking about Glaugs and Regults. So far the only DX VF-1 on the table is the monstrous 1/35 scale. I'd like to see a slightly smaller scale, personally.

Why?....if the glaug and regult appears in macross delta as enemy's. ..Bandai can just make them in his DX Chogokin line... and not be necessary attached to a DX Chogokin VF-1

Why?....if the glaug and regult appears in macross delta as enemy's. ..Bandai can just make them in his DX Chogokin line... and not be necessary attached to a DX Chogokin VF-1

That's true. But look how long it took to get enemy mecha toys from just SDF Macross TV. If Delta gets their baddies too, great, but it'll probably take a while. I don't know why it's so hard to get figures of Macross bad guys. We need villains for our heroes!

I'm not sure about the Glaug from the trailer, but the Regults in Delta are different from the classic ones (altered chin cannons). That wouldn't really be so interesting to me. But some settled with the VF-19 Advance as a proxy for the YF-19, so I guess it would sell anyway.

I'm not sure about the Glaug from the trailer, but the Regults in Delta are different from the classic ones (altered chin cannons). That wouldn't really be so interesting to me. But some settled with the VF-19 Advance as a proxy for the YF-19, so I guess it would sell anyway.

I thought I saw some sort of array where the beam cannon normally resides on the Glaug shown in the Delta trailer.

The arm cannons look a little different too.

Edited by Old Man

Finally got around to attaching the GBP parts to my 1J. I have to say it looks fantastic once it's all decked out. Like having a miniature version of the Arcadia GBP. I even like the colored navigational lights on the legs. Thinking about getting some clear blue and red paint and doing the same to my Arcadia GBP.

My only gripe is the droopy backpack. The added weight from the GBP boosters does not help. Really, Bandai? No locking mechanism at all? Held up by just friction and hope?

I never had any sagging issues with the backpacks on any of my Hi-Metals, new or old. My 1S Roy with the bits on the pack were fine, put the super/strike armor on the original bright white Hikaru 1J, no issues there either. My GBP 1J doesn't sag when the little bits are on the backpack either, I wonder how many people are forgetting the extra little hinge in the backpack that locks it in place? At the least the backpack doesn't sit too tight to the back, like the 1/60 V2 stuff, if you didn't clip that little bit on the top on any of mine the backpack always fell down, but if you did clip it, damn was it way too tight, caused stress marks, warped the plastic a bit too.

I never had any sagging issues with the backpacks on any of my Hi-Metals, new or old. My 1S Roy with the bits on the pack were fine, put the super/strike armor on the original bright white Hikaru 1J, no issues there either. My GBP 1J doesn't sag when the little bits are on the backpack either, I wonder how many people are forgetting the extra little hinge in the backpack that locks it in place? At the least the backpack doesn't sit too tight to the back, like the 1/60 V2 stuff, if you didn't clip that little bit on the top on any of mine the backpack always fell down, but if you did clip it, damn was it way too tight, caused stress marks, warped the plastic a bit too.

Same here, no sagging backpack on my GBP 1J.

I haven't tried to put the armor on by HMR 1J, but I've never had issues with the backup holding up super parts on my Focker VF-1S. In fact, I haven't had an issue with loose joints at all, and I own an original Hi-Metal Focker 1S, Hikaru 1J, and Max 1J. Since they are all friction joints, I could see how they might get loose eventually after a lot of handling, but mine seem to be fine.

The backpack on my HM-R flops at the slightest touch in both armored and non-armored mode.

It stays in place as long as it doesn't get touched.

It's locked properly on both.

And those damn side-missiles pops-out/dislodges even more easily at the slight touch.

Edited by treatment