Hi-Metal R

joppewo

After reading everyone's comment and feedback on this line esp the recent release one which is the VF-1J/GBP, is it the same feel, comments, and feedbacks too when this was released as just the Hi-Metal line? I mean, is there a big difference compared to the old Hi-Metal line esp the old 1J?

After reading everyone's comment and feedback on this line esp the recent release one which is the VF-1J/GBP, is it the same feel, comments, and feedbacks too when this was released as just the Hi-Metal line? I mean, is there a big difference compared to the old Hi-Metal line esp the old 1J?

I don't have any of the original HiMetal, but just watch Chachi's review since he compared this HM-R to the old HiMetal-1J:

https://youtu.be/TYUR5hO2m80

I have the gbp and old ij. The mold is almost the same. Except the tip of the nosecone is removable on the gbp to fit the hip armor.

It has all the same design. But there are metal parts in the shoulders now. Also the joinys are stiffer now, probably to carry the weight of the gbp. But it feels more sturdy than the old hi metal which was floppy out of the box, even the metal parts were floppy. The new lines tighter joints feel less like a cheap toy.

Also , i really like the design of the sliding shoulders which can pop off, rather than disintegrate like the yamato v2 shoulders. Not sure why yamato doesnt use metal on the fragile transforming parts on the shoulders, etc.

Pretty much everything beatsing mentioned. My VF-1J Max still holds poses pretty well but my Armored VF-1J's joints are tighter and I like the additional metal parts.

Edited by sh9000

so it seems the preorders open tonight for the normal version of the Hi-metal R Roy Fokker.

November 5, 2015 16:00

※ normal version of the orders will start from November 5 (Thursday).

http://p-bandai.jp/tamashiiwebshouten/item-1000100290/

pretty much the same thing but no Free stand, and still a web exclusive , still the same price. :blink:

So, it's the same price without the bonus stance....there is nothing NORMAL about this Bandai!

This is highway robbery.

What? Did they ran out of plastic at those Chinese factory sweatshop?

Edited by Reaction Warhead

No, the one with a stand was a BONUS pre-pre order special for those who wanted to get in extra early. Not highway robbery at all, just a means of marketing.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I was laughing so hard I got tears coming out of my eyes when I read that man.

omg, I wonder what kind of bonus stuff are we getting with the next pre-pre-preorder of Macross online exclusive toys.

Bandai, you so crazy man. :lol:

No, the one with a stand was a BONUS pre-pre order special for those who wanted to get in extra early. Not highway robbery at all, just a means of marketing.

but that marketing kinda failed. Since those Bonus stands were not limited in numbers but by a certain closed date and they know they were going to release the same one for the same price without the stand, then they should do more direct push for more pre-pre-orders.

instead of "the normal version will start at November 5" They should just post it as "All pre-orders placed after November 4th will not include the bonus display stand"

that will surely get more people to panic and buy more. :D:D:p

so, is there any news on the VF-2SS? I'm kind of interested in that... :unsure:

I'm wondering if it will simply be a toy version of their model kit. By that, I mean using the same transformation design, but beefing up the plastic and adding metal joints in key places.

Yes they did, and when I ordered the extra the page clearly stated '10 per customer'. I don't blame them for cancelling the extras but their system seems iffy.

Somebody at hlj probably made a typo of 10 per instead 1 per customer.

More Vf-1s back in stock at Hlj
http://hlj.com/product/bann01263

Showing limited 1 per customer now .

It's probably the extras that were canceled from neoexcaliber's order. :p

So has the fokker gone up yet?

Don't remember who wrote the comparison with masterpiece transformers but I agree. I'd add that this line is like transformers deluxe or Gundam high grades that they are smaller cheaper easier to collect for small Japanese apartments and offer more variety of mech. I buy both scales because it's unlikely they'll manufacture a masterpiece of unpopular robots or perfect grades. So I think I'm collecting this line along my 1/48 and 1/60. The scales aren't true since a 100 scale Gundam doesn't match the Valk and 60 scale doesn't quite match either but they don't bother me.

I didn't like that Yamato 60 scales shoulders disintegrated even though I didn't play with them sitting on display.

This line are toys I mess around with but not afraid they're gonna be a 200 $ brick.

Also I'm sick of the pre-order madness that was the vf 25 frontier. These were relatively available.

So has the fokker gone up yet?

Don't remember who wrote the comparison with masterpiece transformers but I agree. I'd add that this line is like transformers deluxe or Gundam high grades that they are smaller cheaper easier to collect for small Japanese apartments and offer more variety of mech. I buy both scales because it's unlikely they'll manufacture a masterpiece of unpopular robots or perfect grades. So I think I'm collecting this line along my 1/48 and 1/60. The scales aren't true since a 100 scale Gundam doesn't match the Valk and 60 scale doesn't quite match either but they don't bother me.

I didn't like that Yamato 60 scales shoulders disintegrated even though I didn't play with them sitting on display.

This line are toys I mess around with but not afraid they're gonna be a 200 $ brick.

Also I'm sick of the pre-order madness that was the vf 25 frontier. These were relatively available.

That was me ;)

I just can't bring myself to get enthused about the Hi-Metal R VF-1 toys at all.

Having collected and owned most of the Takatoku and Bandai 1/55 VF-1 toys, nearly all of the Yamato 1/48, 1/60 v1 and v2, I've just got no interest in collecting another line of VF-1 toys.

Especially when (a) I hated my first release Hi-Metal VF-1J from a few years ago and (b) I'm far more interested in the Macross Delta toys coming next year, so need to save for those.

So have at 'em guys!

I am however extremely interested in the Hi-Metal R VF-2SS with SAP.

I just can't bring myself to get enthused about the Hi-Metal R VF-1 toys at all.

Having collected and owned most of the Takatoku and Bandai 1/55 VF-1 toys, nearly all of the Yamato 1/48, 1/60 v1 and v2, I've just got no interest in collecting another line of VF-1 toys.

Especially when (a) I hated my first release Hi-Metal VF-1J from a few years ago and (b) I'm far more interested in the Macross Delta toys coming next year, so need to save for those.

So have at 'em guys!

What, no Glaug, Regult, Nousjadeul-Ger, Queadluun-Rau, or Destriod Monsters for you? There's always something. :D

Edit: What about the launch arm stand?

Edit again: Oh, you did specifically say VF-1. If you already have a bunch of other releases I can see how you wouldn't want an HMR one. I'm really only interested in the VF-1 for the scale compatibility with the enemies and the launch arm if that ever gets released.

Edited by sharky

Some images of the Glaug show it needs a stand to support the arm weight. I sure hope they use a lighter weight die cast for the gun hands so no stand is required. The technology is there now to do lighter die cast. We dont need another Macross Quarter.

Which stands are 3 for $10???

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN963155/Sup

These were the official stands as denoted in the manuals of the previous Hi-Metals

They are a kagillion times better than the crappy stands included in the DX'es. I would honestly pay an extra 10-15 bucks more for each DX if they made a big version of these for them and included them instead :p

post-25-0-55634400-1446736663_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon

Some images of the Glaug show it needs a stand to support the arm weight. I sure hope they use a lighter weight die cast for the gun hands so no stand is required. The technology is there now to do lighter die cast. We dont need another Macross Quarter.

I'm betting they are plastic, not diecast.

So have at 'em guys!

Yup, exactly the same here! I will get the VF-2SS and VF-4 though.

Hasn't anyone said anything about the really thick black stripe along the front fuselage or the really overly large sized "001"?

These are kind of like my old ARII 1/100 transforming plastic kits I built when I was in high-school, they had metal hinges and metal landing gears, but the rest were plastic.

I don't have any of the original HiMetal, but just watch Chachi's review since he compared this HM-R to the old HiMetal-1J:

https://youtu.be/TYUR5hO2m80

I have the gbp and old ij. The mold is almost the same. Except the tip of the nosecone is removable on the gbp to fit the hip armor.

It has all the same design. But there are metal parts in the shoulders now. Also the joinys are stiffer now, probably to carry the weight of the gbp. But it feels more sturdy than the old hi metal which was floppy out of the box, even the metal parts were floppy. The new lines tighter joints feel less like a cheap toy.

Also , i really like the design of the sliding shoulders which can pop off, rather than disintegrate like the yamato v2 shoulders. Not sure why yamato doesnt use metal on the fragile transforming parts on the shoulders, etc.

Pretty much everything beatsing mentioned. My VF-1J Max still holds poses pretty well but my Armored VF-1J's joints are tighter and I like the additional metal parts.

Thanks guys! I'm watching the YouTube link now. ;)

So have at 'em guys!

The first release hm were a bit flimsy, loose joints, cheap toy quality. The new ones have more metal and tight joints. No rachets, but on this scale its ok. Most annoying factor is heat shield parts former. But its not bad. Im with most boys here in it for the alien mechs and destroids and monster. These dont replace the bigger scales but theyre better than those revoltechs and toynami by miles.

Not trying to convince you, but i did also dislike the first release.