Hi-Metal R

joppewo

The feet are turned at the ankles, both at differing degrees, which, coupled with the proportions, really makes fighter mode an eyesore.

In battroid mode it looks fine, aside from the red chest stripes. But I can cover it up with the GBP chest plate... with a crooked 1! To be fair, it's not really noticeable if you're not looking too closely.

I really like it a lot in battroid mode! It's got good poseability and the smaller scale makes it easier to handle than its big brother. And I'm more comfortable abusing it since it's much cheaper.

So... who's looking forward to an HMR VF-4 with an ugly fighter mode but great battroid? :)

The feet are turned at the ankles, both at differing degrees, which, coupled with the proportions, really makes fighter mode an eyesore.

In battroid mode it looks fine, aside from the red chest stripes. But I can cover it up with the GBP chest plate... with a crooked 1! To be fair, it's not really noticeable if you're not looking too closely.

I really like it a lot in battroid mode! It's got good poseability and the smaller scale makes it easier to handle than its big brother. And I'm more comfortable abusing it since it's much cheaper.

So... who's looking forward to an HMR VF-4 with an ugly fighter mode but great battroid? :)

I'm sorry, but what? VF-4 with a great battroid mode doesn't exist. :lol:

Transformed my 1J to fighter mode. Transformation was easy. It's as "perfect" as it can be at this size, I suppose.

Fighter mode is ugly. No two ways around it. Mine especially since the feet are crooked. Tried twisting the feet straight but they don't appear to have that range of motion, so it's just shoddy build quality.

This and any future HMR VF-1 purchases are staying in battroid mode, which makes them overpriced Robot Damashii figures to me. :p

Hope the Regults are are of better build quality than this.

The feet pull down at the ankles so maybe try that to line them up?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Fighter mode looks great to me, no better or worse than Arcadia's. *shrug*

you'll hit that thing regardless how crooked the feet are

Is that a Yamato or a Bandai? I can't tell the difference!

1J%20crooked%20feet_zpsnxsgyfhn.jpg

that's some crooked feet.

Just for my own sanity I would never seriously compare Bandai's Hi Metal R to a Yamato/Arcadia v2 1/60 scale anything, VF-1, YF/VF-19's, VF-4 or any other Valkyrie. Two totally different lines created to fill two totally separate product segments.

And I still haven't been able to convince myself to open my Hi Metal R VF-1J GBP, just something about that makes me feel like I'm not missing anything. And to be fair, I have other Macross items that make me feel the same way.

-b.

I think it feels weird to me thinking about the Hi-Metals as a "cheaper" alternative. For the current market, that's entirely true, but anyone who farmed the bargain bins a few years ago probably acquired the Yamato versions for very close to the same prices, if not for less.

Can't speak for the armored 1J since I only bought a set of armor parts fairly recently, but I remember getting several VF-1s for between $60 and $80, and even super/strike packs going for about $20 at one point.

Makes me wonder how much an Arcadia release of super/strike parts (or a VF-1 strike bundle) would run now.

Also, just imagine the possibility of creating a diorama with all your 1/100 valks, destroids and regults duking it out. With the 1/1800 SDF-1 as the background of course. That is going to be GLORIOUS!

This is one reason I'm loving the Hi-Metal R line. I'm going to have some cool displays of hero and enemy mecha that can't be done in 1/60 scale. Edited by sh9000

Is that a Yamato or a Bandai? I can't tell the difference!

1J%20crooked%20feet_zpsnxsgyfhn.jpg

I like how both look, I never said I can't tell any difference. Sorry I don't share your scorn.

you'll hit that thing regardless how crooked the feet are

The feet aren't crooked on mine.

hmm so the production on these are inconsistent? maybe i need to finally open mine

Yeah. I have no issues with my copy either. I also find the fighter mode pretty nice (and cute). The only thing I dislike about the fighter is that the legs look kinda wide when viewed from the top. Other than that, the proportions and details are all good IMO.

And the transformation process is soooo much nicer than the Yamato 1/60 (especially the shoulders and chest). Very easy but still holds together relatively well. The only drawback is having to replace the windshield/heatshield.

Edited by ArchieNov

The things that are bothering me most with my HM-R GBP-1J is how the side-missiles comes off at the slightest touch. It should be more secure, but it comes off rather easily.

Same with the backpack. Lock it at the bottom-hinge, but it still falls outward easily at the touch. With and the boosters attached. It doesn't really stay in place when moving it a bit. Gravity much?

These two areas are quite annoying when handling it. I'm a little careful when swooshing in armored-mode since those side-missiles are tiny to find if it dislodges.

I think the feet on mine is similar to Lolicon's and the same area.

In fighter-mode, the leg-tab seems to show gap even after I secured it. I have to always check that it's tabbed in tightly so I don't see the tab and the gapping.

Edited by treatment

hmm so the production on these are inconsistent? maybe i need to finally open mine

I don't think there has ever been a production toy with 100% perfect consistency, there's always going to be a few samples here and there with one problem or another. Damn humans! :)

I don't think there has ever been a production toy with 100% perfect consistency, there's always going to be a few samples here and there with one problem or another. Damn humans! :)

To their credit, humans seem to do a great job of producing problems that are 100% consistent (early Yamato 1/60 v2s shoulders, Bandai's CF VF-171 triangles)! :lol:

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yes but it will still have your name. What i have done in the past is change the address to your friends address and in the address 2 line put C/O "(your fiend's name)".

thanks!

Trading my hi metal hikaru 1s w EXO for a hi metal roy

Guest davidwhangchoi

Be careful if your friend is also a HLJ customer though. A friend of mine got his account banned for sharing an address with another account, although I heard it was because the other account was accused of fraud..

Thanks for the heads up neoexcaliber!