Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Dangit, I knew they were going to re-visit Roy's VF-1S in the Hi-Metal R line (as did everyone else), but I had told myself that I was going to skip it since I already had the previous Hi-Metal 1S. I'll just get Hikaru's 1S to enjoy the improvements, I said.

Unfortunately my conviction could not resist the one two combo of actually seeing a new Roy 1S and the spiffy exclusive stand (which I know is just a smoke grey Act 5 Stage with a simple jolly roger tampo, but it looks cool!). Preordered, good job me. -_-

post-197-0-25700100-1445722255_thumb.jpg

I will say though, one thing that really struck me about the 1J GBP was how tight all the joints were, much tighter than the old Roy 1S ever was. It'll be nice to have that improvement on a new Roy 1S.

Yeah, no discounts on web exclusives. In fact this is more than twice as expensive as the previous Hi-Metal Roy 1S was!

I just checked my AmiAmi shipment email from 2010 and Roy's 1S cost just 4,710JPY. Of course the yen was a heck of a lot stronger back in 2010, but still, it's quite a difference.

Guess I missed the three they must have had...

I just keep checking randomly and that is how I have been lucky. Captain Phasma was also available so I grabbed her as well.

Hopefully Bandai sticks to their announced plans for this line...to me it's the best overall Macross toy line available. I can see it easily expand to other Macross series once they finish up with SDFM/DYRL.

They already have the tooling for the VF-19 so it is certainly possible. I was initially excited with this line when it was first shown and then greatly disappointed when I couldn't get preorders in but now that everything seems to be attainable I am extremely excited again.

In my opinion, the greatest thing about this line is the enemy mecha. Valkyries are great and all but seeing the Regult and the Glaug is awesome.

I am not a huge Macross fan but I adore the mech designs and that is enough for me to get everything Bandai chooses to make in this line. I hope the early success and excitement transfers to a robust line expanding throughout the multiple Macross series.

I just keep checking randomly and that is how I have been lucky. Captain Phasma was also available so I grabbed her as well.

They already have the tooling for the VF-19 so it is certainly possible. I was initially excited with this line when it was first shown and then greatly disappointed when I couldn't get preorders in but now that everything seems to be attainable I am extremely excited again.

In my opinion, the greatest thing about this line is the enemy mecha. Valkyries are great and all but seeing the Regult and the Glaug is awesome.

I am not a huge Macross fan but I adore the mech designs and that is enough for me to get everything Bandai chooses to make in this line. I hope the early success and excitement transfers to a robust line expanding throughout the multiple Macross series.

I'm glad I won't have a problem getting any of them because of what happened with the VF-1S. Glaug looks incredible and I am strongly considering getting 2 of them.

This line seems to be much more affordable so I'd like to see it continue. I'd love to be able to get all of the TV Valks eventually. Destroids would be great, too.

I'm glad I won't have a problem getting any of them because of what happened with the VF-1S. Glaug looks incredible and I am strongly considering getting 2 of them.

I still don't have a VF-1S preorder secured but when the GBP was released they were readily available. AmiAmi even had them to buy earlier this week.

I am hoping that turns out to be true the VF-1S as well so I guess we will see in 4 weeks.

I am thinking about getting 2 VF-1S and putting 1 under the GBP Armour and putting the Strike Parts on the VF-1J, canon be damned :)

I still don't have a VF-1S preorder secured but when the GBP was released they were readily available. AmiAmi even had them to buy earlier this week.

I am hoping that turns out to be true the VF-1S as well so I guess we will see in 4 weeks.

I am thinking about getting 2 VF-1S and putting 1 under the GBP Armour and putting the Strike Parts on the VF-1J, canon be damned :)

I am stoked about VF-1S. Glad its a little cheaper than the armored one, but I was more than happy to pay the NY price. I'll likely get one for my brother as well for Christmas. He remembered watching Robotech as a kid than I do since he was born in the 70s

This line will look awesome next to my monsterarts collection.

Hi all, anywhere still have the Hikaru VF-1S due out in Nov? They seem to be sold out or they have stopped taking orders. Really want this piece, can someone advice?

The only advice we can give since it's already sold out in most of the online stores is wait until it gets released. There might be a chance like the VF-1J GBP that after a few days or week, it has restocks. So make sure you watch out for those online stores by the time of release. Good luck! ;)

AM I READING THIS RIGHT??

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-10-29/bandai-teases-giant-26-inch-sdf-1-macross-14-inch-vf-1-valkyrie-toys/.94775#gallery_top

Even as Macross moves forward, it still has an eye on the past -- here are some of the variable fighter and enemy toys teased in its 1/100-scale Hi-Metal R line:

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Regult (February 2016), VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Hikaru in November, Focker in April 2016), Glaug (May 2016)
The Super Dimension Fortress Macross II: Lovers, Again: VF-2SS Valkyrie II (Nexx and Silvie with SAP)
Macross Zero: VF-0A Phoenix
The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Flash Back 2012: VF-4 Lightning III

wooooowwwwwww

ARCADIA is being destroyed!!!!

Edited by seti88

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-10-29/bandai-teases-giant-26-inch-sdf-1-macross-14-inch-vf-1-valkyrie-toys/.94775#gallery_top

Even as Macross moves forward, it still has an eye on the past -- here are some of the variable fighter and enemy toys teased in its 1/100-scale Hi-Metal R line:

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Regult (February 2016), VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Hikaru in November, Focker in April 2016), Glaug (May 2016)

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross II: Lovers, Again: VF-2SS Valkyrie II (Nexx and Silvie with SAP)

wooooowwwwwww

I know, right?!?!

And this!!!

725a0eb67f54eedf8b88708f0a28ddea.jpeg

omg, i need this in my life.

wooooowwwwwww

ARCADIA is being destroyed!!!!

oh shiiiiii....Arcadia's bankruptcy is incoming!

Bandai is going ramming speed with this Hi metal line.

These releases are like giant middle fingers to Arcadia and Toy Revolution.

Edited by Reaction Warhead