Hi-Metal R

joppewo

But wait, that means there's now a vacancy in the premium VF-1 market... DX? I keep saying it's going to happen... it keeps not happening.

I think it just shows how good the Yamato V2 really was. I thinking in some way Bandai is still trying to perfect the swing leg transformation of the VF-1. Which they release the model version. But it was not very stable, so they will need to rework it some more. Once they finally figure out a good way to make it work. they will be able to once again label it "Perfect transformation" similar to their other premium Chogokin.

Up at AE.

http://www.anime-export.com/product/28034

6120 yen but limited to 1 per customer.

Thanks. Finally got a pre-order. Now, hopefully, I can get 1 or 2 more on release day, but at least the pressure is off.

I do plan to collect the entire line. I missed the VF-1S pre-order. Hope I can get 1 on release day.

I narrowly missed my chance on the VF-1J, but I was able to get one when it was released.

It's been a little bit of a struggle to stay on top of things. I can't camp out at all hours of the night. I guess the best I can do is check right before I go to sleep and again first thing in the morning.

Edited by sharky

Seriously? They can't just sell it on their online shop?

Or probably, not everyone knows there's an AmiAmi site. Nor other Japanese online site. Not every people in the world knows AmiAmi. Probably some collectors or buyers are just focused on using eBay or Amazon. ;)

These are cool!

IMG_3827_zpsfv334ce3.jpg

So one of mine has a loose leg and always falls off. Is it safe to just glue that back in or does it need some freedom?

The second one had a stuck Gerwalk upper leg hinge and I had to unscrew it and wear down that joint. I think it's all good now.

Dreaming of another Yetistand here...

(sorry yeti I keep spending on toys at the moment!)

I'm having the same issue with the gerwalk joint being stuck. How did you unscrew the joint?

I pried out the cap pictured, undid the screw underneath and carefully twisted the two pieces apart at the pin.

It's easier to slide the leg off first and once unscrewed the lower leg falls off so you're just working with the thigh.

IMG_3891_zpsecl1hodk.jpg

Seeing how it worked, I thought the best thing to do was to wear it down by exercising that joint a few times while it was apart.

It's still pretty tight, but will serve.

IMG_3883_zpsz6uyxzde.jpg

Edited by koonfasa

I pried out the cap pictured, undid the screw underneath and carefully twisted the two pieces apart at the pin.

It's easier to slide the leg off first and once unscrewed the lower leg falls off so you're just working with the thigh.

IMG_3891_zpsecl1hodk.jpg

Seeing how it worked, I thought the best thing to do was to wear it down by exercising that joint a few times while it was apart.

It's still pretty tight, but will serve.

IMG_3883_zpsz6uyxzde.jpg

Ohh I didn't even notice the thing hiding the screw. How did you manage to pry that out? Where you able to do it with minimal damage?

Whoever is in charge of the Hi-Metal R lineup must be a Takatoku old school fan.....they are starting off with the Destroids in 1/100 exactly where Takatoku left off with their 1/100 Conversion Kit that included the Tomahawk, Defender, and Phalanx....the "sculpts" of the Spartan and Monster actually fit in very well with the old sculpts created originally by Takatoku in 1983.......

gallery_12176_640_83644.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

15848697851_e763e6d259_h.jpg

45.jpg

Bought and bought.

Whoever is in charge of the Hi-Metal R lineup must be a Takatoku old school fan.....they are starting off with the Destroids in 1/100 exactly where Takatoku left off with their 1/100 Conversion Kit that included the Tomahawk, Defender, and Phalanx....the "sculpts" of the Spartan and Monster actually fit in very well with the old sculpts created originally by Takatoku in 1983.......

gallery_12176_640_83644.jpg

Yep. It would be cool if Bandai reissued it. Edited by sh9000