Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Although i did preorder the strike vf-1s hikaru....i am hoping this will be a more SDFM line vs. only DYRL. the regult being the TV SDFM regult is a god sign. so is the glaug (though the glaug appeared i nboth). i've got no problem wiht the armored 1j having dyrl leaning tendencies even though i still think of it as the SDFM version. i really hope we get TV style Q-rau's too. can't wai tfor that glaug and some more valks and destroids...this line has so much potential. i'd never ditch my 1/60s but this is a nice little diversion.

I gess I'll never catch up to my 1/60 collection... loving this new line though... All the different mechs!

Almost forgot to add the 1/100 RC-4E Rabbit...make it so!!! ^_^

1/100 is so hot right now! :lol:

Mugatu-So-Hot-Right-Now.jpg

Although i did preorder the strike vf-1s hikaru....i am hoping this will be a more SDFM line vs. only DYRL. the regult being the TV SDFM regult is a god sign. so is the glaug (though the glaug appeared i nboth). i've got no problem wiht the armored 1j having dyrl leaning tendencies even though i still think of it as the SDFM version. i really hope we get TV style Q-rau's too. can't wai tfor that glaug and some more valks and destroids...this line has so much potential. i'd never ditch my 1/60s but this is a nice little diversion.

if you look at the VF-1J Max and Milia...and the Super VF-1A....they are all DYRL type.....Bandai probably does not want to spend the extra cash to mold the correct armor parts for each version....at this scale I can live with it....plus the fact that Bandai is even making us Regults, Monsters, and Spartans...well...R = RESPECT!!!

I got 3 off AmiAmi last night, plus my Figuarts Captain Phasma, she sold out damn quick, the Episode VII hype is very real. I'm waiting on HLJ, I still need more, no apologies, I will buy as many as I want, period. More will become available as others said, the first night and first round of pre-orders getting sold out is not a reason to become discouraged, they usually always sell out, and quickly. Whatever you do, don't get impatient and pay for some over-priced Ebay pre-orders, those people don't deserve your money, frakk their faces and their lives.

yeah phasma sold out quick. i was cart jacked at hobby search i think it was on her but got her on CDJ. FWIW this regult was not that hard to get if you were up for it....i literally could have ordered from all of the following: amiami (i bought 3 from here), hobby search (was available when checked, even added to cart to test but then removed), plus CDJapan. i literally could have had 9. anyway, had i not stopped after 3 to get phasma i'm sure would have had time to check at NY and others too. anyway, fear not those that missed it....the armored 1J which is way more popular and it popped up at release...also HLJ hasn't even put up their preorder allotment yet and they get more at release as well. check NY, and hlj around release time....thats how i got my armored 1j.

And those of us who need to sleep before work and/or are taking care of an ailing mother and have zero time to mash F5 or are too exhausted to.

Oops, forgot about peeps living on the mainland. Good examples that I forgot. If you need one LMK, thinking about letting mine go.

How about here? A little pricey. Via yellowsubmarine? http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/yellowsubmarine/item/4549660018995/

edit: There is also one on Rakuten via Amiami that's cheaper but I wouldn't risk not getting the order filled if Amiami's main site is already closed.

Edited by wmkjr

And you guys wonder why there's pe-order madness?

Maybe I'm off base for saying this, but maybe have a little consideration for your fellow MW members that want one. That's 32 Regults between just 9 members. If you had just bought only one each, that would have left 23 for other members to potentially snap up.

This is how you do it if you want multiples:

"Pre-order Madness" isn't because of a dozen or so MW member buying duplicates because they actually want them, and it is nonsense to think that is the case. I bought 9. Yes, NINE of them. And I'm not going to apologize! Between Amiami, Hobby Search, Amazon Japan, and CDJapan these were available for about an hour....compare that to the previous DX Chogokin window of ~45 seconds. Plus HLJ and a couple others haven't even listed them yet. In fact Amazon Japan STILL has them in stock:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/HI-METAL-/dp/B015Z9BROI/ref=sr_1_3?s=hobby&ie=UTF8&qid=1443740043&sr=1-3&keywords=hi-metal+r

Sold BY AMAZON, in addition to third party sellers, as of this very moment! If you actually wanted one you could order it right this second from AMJ and have it shipped to a forwarding service like Tenso that will receive it and send it on to you. So you crying foul over this is nonsense. These are hardcore collectibles, and a mech that has never been offered in anything close to this format before (everything else has been a model, a toynami product, or Yamato's insanely priced webshop exclusive). Demand was almost nothing compared to what it could have been. I bought nine because I want to make a massive SDF Macross display when the line is complete. There was ample opportunity for them to be obtained last night and even still via AMJ and HLJ's pending preorders.

"Pre-order Madness" isn't because of a dozen or so MW member buying duplicates because they actually want them, and it is nonsense to think that is the case. I bought 9. Yes, NINE of them. And I'm not going to apologize! Between Amiami, Hobby Search, Amazon Japan, and CDJapan these were available for about an hour....compare that to the previous DX Chogokin window of ~45 seconds. Plus HLJ and a couple others haven't even listed them yet. In fact Amazon Japan STILL has them in stock:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/HI-METAL-/dp/B015Z9BROI/ref=sr_1_3?s=hobby&ie=UTF8&qid=1443740043&sr=1-3&keywords=hi-metal+r

Sold BY AMAZON, in addition to third party sellers, as of this very moment! If you actually wanted one you could order it right this second from AMJ and have it shipped to a forwarding service like Tenso that will receive it and send it on to you. So you crying foul over this is nonsense. These are hardcore collectibles, and a mech that has never been offered in anything close to this format before (everything else has been a model, a toynami product, or Yamato's insanely priced webshop exclusive). Demand was almost nothing compared to what it could have been. I bought nine because I want to make a massive SDF Macross display when the line is complete. There was ample opportunity for them to be obtained last night and even still via AMJ and HLJ's pending preorders.

Uhm, I'm not a mod, but please check his reply first (below) from the previous page before the topic gets out of hand. He already apologize and answered when we told him that it's not the members fault on buying multiples. Thanks. Cheers! ;)

I know about the scalper issue and kept that in mind in my original post which is why I stated that members had the "potential" to snag one.

You do have a point though, in that it's better that it sold out quick to possibly ensure added stock later and to give Bandai incentive to continue with enemy mech.

Sorry to stir the pot, it's been a long time since I've been in "collector mode" so I no longer have the same mindset I suppose.

FTR: I don't even want a Regult. They do look nice, however just a little pricey imo.

Let me reiterate my second post: I do not want one. I am only talking on behalf of those that do but can't obtain one simply because of these purchasing practices whether it be by scalpers or otherwise. You have to admit the numbers add up rather quickly.

I wouldn't have guessed being mindful of my fellow members would be a bad thing.

The pre-orders weren't open for an hour. They were open for 3-4 hours depending on the sites. Even the legendary Amiami PO window stayed open for 25 minutes, then re-opened for 2 hours. It wasn't this easy to get the other Hi-Metal R toys and I didn't expect the pre-orders to remain open that long with the minimum 3 per customer limit, but it did. That being said, I'm confident there'll be tons of extras for sale after release from those retailers. The VF-1J GBP was fairly easy to buy so don't fret. Just keep an eye out for HLJ / Anime-export or wait till release.

I wouldn't even call this a pre-order madness and I'd say scalpers have moved on to different, more profitable series like the Metal Build. :lol:

Edited by neoexcaliber

I get where you are coming from Mark, but really the issue with the DX chogokins is that everyone and their mom were scalping them. They would last 30 seconds if even because all of the scalpers snapping them up and most likely using a bot to do so. If you participate in any of those pre-orders you will see that right after a site is dead like Amiami the scalpers put up auction listings almost immediately.

I actually don't sell the toys, but there were a couple times where a member on here wanted one of my extras and sold them to them. I think it was the Alto Armor parts for the VF-25 renewal and the Yamato VF-17 Supers, other than that I have everything I bought.

*while writing this post your replied again*

I saw both of your apologies btw.

Edited by Loop

There's actually 2 sides to the argument. People that want three got three because these are regults and there was not really a lot of time where you saw just one. Plus buying as many as you want actually helps to let the toy companies know that people DO want these types of toys. The other side of the argument is that people buy multiples to sell later... which I'm sure is true but you can't really call out people and tell them not to buy just to save pieces for other members. There's no information anywhere that says other members are there to buy these "extra" items. Also consider that the 3 minimum cap is there to cap the number scalpers can buy. Who's to say that they should stop at 1 or 2 when they decide that 3 is the number that keeps the scalpers at a minimum?

I'm not mad at anybody for buying three, that's what I was going to do too.

HLJ is probably playing safe and they'll probably have tons for order once they confirm their stock allocation. That's what happened to the last few DX Chogokin releases.

Have they ever changed their order limit of 1 per customer after stock confirmation?

Have they ever changed their order limit of 1 per customer after stock confirmation?

I've seen it happen but they were mostly errors because the person in charge forgot to change the item limit before putting them up for sale. I hope they do it this time since even the stingy Amiami had 3 per customer limit.

Edit: I just remembered that there was a DX Chogokin release that didn't sell so well. It was available for sale on HLJ up to a week before they decided to change the per customer limit. I don't remember which one but it was in 2013.

Edited by neoexcaliber

I tried swapping Battroid parts but sadly the armor won't work on my VF-1J Max. Oh well. Still loving this line and the armor clicking together like Yamato's is so cool.

*snip*

Sweet picture, sh9000! Something I've wondered, is the 1J GBP's headsculpt a new one? Compared to the Hikaru 1J I thought it was a new sculpt, but next to your Max 1J they seem identical. Perhaps the grey googles are making me think it's a new sculpt.

Sweet picture, sh9000! Something I've wondered, is the 1J GBP's headsculpt a new one? Compared to the Hikaru 1J I thought it was a new sculpt, but next to your Max 1J they seem identical. Perhaps the grey googles are making me think it's a new sculpt.

Thanks. It's the same headsculpt.

I tried swapping Battroid parts but sadly the armor won't work on my VF-1J Max. Oh well. Still loving this line and the armor clicking together like Yamato's is so cool.

gallery_21587_791_502046.jpeg

There's got to be a way to take off the nose cone =/

Maybe one of the modelers will know the best way to attack this?