Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I got 3 at Ami, going to bed. GL guys!

Scored a few at Ami.

Preordered 3 at Amiami.

I got 3 from AmiAmi, and I'm out!

got ma 2!

Finally able to sign in/check out. Also scored a 3 pack. Ready for a Glaug now!

Scored 3 at AmiAmi!

3 from Amiami, 3 from CD Japan. Think I'm good now. :)

I'm gonna wait on HLJ to score a few more I think ;)

OK, I folded and got another 3 from CDJ. I had so much time to press place order it's almost weird feeling :D

And with that good night!

Just randomly woke up to go to the bathroom. Ordered 3x. now going back to bed...

And you guys wonder why there's pe-order madness?

Maybe I'm off base for saying this, but maybe have a little consideration for your fellow MW members that want one. That's 32 Regults between just 9 members. If you had just bought only one each, that would have left 23 for other members to potentially snap up.

This is how you do it if you want multiples:

I picked one up at CDJ for now. Will probably pick up number two later if pre-orders are still available or (more realistically) around release day.

You can't complain when fans buy multiples, you should be thrilled they're proving demand exists. It's too soon to be discouraged about the ability to get one. Also, do we think they will be making missile variants or do we think that will be a Tamashii exclusive add on pack?

Maybe I'm off base for saying this, but maybe have a little consideration for your fellow MW members that want one. That's 32 Regults between just 9 members. If you had just bought only one each, that would have left 23 for other members to potentially snap up.

It's a race against time, my friend. I know and I understand what you mean. But to tell you the truth, this is the only preorder madness that lasted for an hour or two. Most PO madness on big releases just ends in less than a minute and most of us here complains a lot since we get cart jacked or always get webpage refresh errors only to find out that it's already been sold out. And I really mean LESS than a MINUTE. Everyone here can confirm this. ;)

And it's not the MWF members fault. All the online shops that put the Regult have a limit of 3 per customers whereas the other big releases just get 1 per customer. So if the customers/members from every forum wants and afford to get 3, then it's his right to get 3. And it's better that this went to 'sold out' since there's a big chance based on demands that more will be available soon and from there we will know if they will release the other Regult variants. And besides it's still not the end of the world, HLJ and Anime-Export is still not posting theirs, so you still have a big chance to score one. :) Just my 2 cents.

Scalpers still vastly outnumber MWF members buying multiples...

+1. This is SUPER TRUE.

You can't complain when fans buy multiples, you should be thrilled they're proving demand exists. It's too soon to be discouraged about the ability to get one. Also, do we think they will be making missile variants or do we think that will be a Tamashii exclusive add on pack?

+1

This is my opinion but I'm sure most members who stayed on during the initial preorder start period got to order at least one from somewhere through all the links posted. If you've been following this thread you would know when the preorders would start and plan accordingly.

I'm surprised orders stayed open for an hour throughout all those sites. That's a long window to be open versus some of the other ones that I've witnessed. The ones who probably wouldn't have gotten an order in are the ones who either forgot about the preorder date/time or are just now discovering that there is a hi metal regult.

Plus there is still HLJ to look out for so anyone late to the party can hopefully get in.

+1 to what No3ljm said^

Edited by wmkjr

Three were mandatory for whoever was interested in having enough Regults to be able to handle the likely Tamashi exclusive add-on packs.... :rolleyes:

reguld_small.gifreguld-light_small.gifreguld-heavy_small.gif

Or they could just add another head/body on the Tamashii exclusive add-on parts for the Scout option just to justify the exclusive 'Y9000' price tag. That's two missile pod racks and the Scout head/body part unit. ;)

reguld-scout.gif

Photo courtesy from Macross Mecha Manual.

Edited by no3ljm

Or they could just add another head/body on the Tamashii exclusive add-on parts for the Scout option just to justify the exclusive 'Y9000' price tag. That's two missile pod racks and the Scout head/body part unit. ;)

reguld-scout.gif

Photo courtesy from Macross Mecha Manual.

LOL....I was thinking they would release a complete scout as an exclusive....but also thought about your possibility....thus I got 4 regults.... :)

This is my opinion but I'm sure most members who stayed on during the initial preorder start period got to order at least one from somewhere through all the links posted. If you've been following this thread you would know when the preorders would start and plan accordingly.

I'm surprised orders stayed open for an hour throughout all those sites. That's a long window to be open versus some of the other ones that I've witnessed. The ones who probably wouldn't have gotten an order in are the ones who either forgot about the preorder date/time or are just now discovering that there is a hi metal regult.

Plus there is still HLJ to look out for so anyone late to the party can hopefully get in.

+1 to what No3ljm said^

And those of us who need to sleep before work and/or are taking care of an ailing mother and have zero time to mash F5 or are too exhausted to.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Maybe I'm off base for saying this, but maybe...

Maybe you should learn to think things through instead wasting time quoting people.

Maybe you should... Lol, i'm going to pass...

It's a race against time, my friend. I know and I understand what you mean. But to tell you the truth, this is the only preorder madness that lasted for an hour or two. Most PO madness on big releases just ends in less than a minute and most of us here complains a lot since we get cart jacked or always get webpage refresh errors only to find out that it's already been sold out. And I really mean LESS than a MINUTE. Everyone here can confirm this. ;)

And it's not the MWF members fault. All the online shops that put the Regult have a limit of 3 per customers whereas the other big releases just get 1 per customer. So if the customers/members from every forum wants and afford to get 3, then it's his right to get 3. And it's better that this went to 'sold out' since there's a big chance based on demands that more will be available soon and from there we will know if they will release the other Regult variants. And besides it's still not the end of the world, HLJ and Anime-Export is still not posting theirs, so you still have a big chance to score one. :) Just my 2 cents.

+1. This is SUPER TRUE.

+1

I know about the scalper issue and kept that in mind in my original post which is why I stated that members had the "potential" to snag one.

You do have a point though, in that it's better that it sold out quick to possibly ensure added stock later and to give Bandai incentive to continue with enemy mech.

Sorry to stir the pot, it's been a long time since I've been in "collector mode" so I no longer have the same mindset I suppose.

FTR: I don't even want a Regult. They do look nice, however just a little pricey imo.

Mark, they were open for quite a while. If anyone missed these this time around is kinda their fault. I mean these were just siting there for the taking. It's one of those snooze and lose situations. Both shops that I got 3 from had a limit of 3 so it's not like we cheated the system or anything to get them. The time frame for these was actually really long for a Bandai pre order.

Wut?

I thought that was one of the better Bandai pre-orders to date. Kudos to those who thought ahead and bought multiples. I was too tired to think straight. Otherwise, I would have bought the two I wanted out of the gate. :lol::p I don't know when pre-order shaming became a thing, but I think I'm going to start buying five of everything and then when people complain about multiples I'll just post HIGH FIVE repeatedly to those threads.

Seriously, though, there will be more Regult pre-orders...and then the regular orders will come too. Patience works well in this case.

I got 3 off AmiAmi last night, plus my Figuarts Captain Phasma, she sold out damn quick, the Episode VII hype is very real. I'm waiting on HLJ, I still need more, no apologies, I will buy as many as I want, period. More will become available as others said, the first night and first round of pre-orders getting sold out is not a reason to become discouraged, they usually always sell out, and quickly. Whatever you do, don't get impatient and pay for some over-priced Ebay pre-orders, those people don't deserve your money, frakk their faces and their lives.

Edited by Tking22

I got 3 off AmiAmi last night, plus my Figuarts Captain Phasma, she sold out damn quick, the Episode VII hype is very real. I'm waiting on HLJ, I still need more, no apologies, I will buy as many as I want, period. More will become available as others said, the first night and first round of pre-orders getting sold out is not a reason to become discouraged, they usually always sell out, and quickly. Whatever you do, don't get impatient and pay for some over-priced Ebay pre-orders, those people don't deserve your money, frakk their faces and their lives.

Oh, was Figuarts Captain Phasma up for sale last night too? Dammit.

Yes it was not hard to order, only bad mid night timing for us on East coast. I doubt scalper is a big factor - DX YF-29B still have a 30% off on CD Japan, and the hi-metal VF-1J was not hard to get on release and it took CD Japan a few days to sell 30 units.

Now that Bandai have shown us they can read Zentradi alphabet, I wonder if the missile Regulds will be sold as stand alone unit since they have different Zentradi markings too.

I'm thinking everything in that initial diorama pic is going to be a general release....anything else may end up as web exclusives...

So maybe web exclusives will be:

Reguld missile pack add-ons

Reguld Scout

Tomahawk

Defender

Phalanx

Quedluun-Rau

Nousjadeul-Ger

Other VF-1 variants....like TV Max and Kakizaki

This Hi-Metal R line has the potential to become really prolific and complete.....

With the VE-1 and VT-1....the only DYRL VF-1 variant missing (between the HM and HMR lines) will be the VF-1S Max....that's amazing!

And how difficult would it be for Bandai to make a DYRL version of the Reguld? Another Web exclusive?

Better yet....with their sudden show of affection for all things Macross...one can imagine even DYRL versions of the Quedluun-Rau and Nousjadeul-Ger....a fool's hope, but a hope nonetheless! ^_^

There's actually 2 sides to the argument. People that want three got three because these are regults and there was not really a lot of time where you saw just one. Plus buying as many as you want actually helps to let the toy companies know that people DO want these types of toys. The other side of the argument is that people buy multiples to sell later... which I'm sure is true but you can't really call out people and tell them not to buy just to save pieces for other members. There's no information anywhere that says other members are there to buy these "extra" items. Also consider that the 3 minimum cap is there to cap the number scalpers can buy. Who's to say that they should stop at 1 or 2 when they decide that 3 is the number that keeps the scalpers at a minimum?

And those of us who need to sleep before work and/or are taking care of an ailing mother and have zero time to mash F5 or are too exhausted to.

This concerned me as well. I actually went to bed twice last night so I could work today. To bed at 9pm, up at 2:15, back at 3:30.. up at 7:30.. Managed to get one regult from CD Japan and one from HobbySearch. These will both be opened and on my shelf with my valks. Not on eBay.

I'm thinking everything in that initial diorama pic is going to be a general release....anything else may end up as web exclusives...

So maybe web exclusives will be:

Reguld missile pack add-ons

Reguld Scout

Tomahawk

Defender

Phalanx

Quedluun-Rau

Nousjadeul-Ger

Other VF-1 variants....like TV Max and Kakizaki

This Hi-Metal R line has the potential to become really prolific and complete.....

With the VE-1 and VT-1....the only DYRL VF-1 variant missing (between the HM and HMR lines) will be the VF-1S Max....that's amazing!

And how difficult would it be for Bandai to make a DYRL version of the Reguld? Another Web exclusive?

Better yet....with their sudden show of affection for all things Macross...one can imagine even DYRL versions of the Quedluun-Rau and Nousjadeul-Ger....a fool's hope, but a hope nonetheless! ^_^

I gess I'll never catch up to my 1/60 collection... loving this new line though... All the different mechs!

There's actually 2 sides to the argument. People that want three got three because these are regults and there was not really a lot of time where you saw just one. Plus buying as many as you want actually helps to let the toy companies know that people DO want these types of toys. The other side of the argument is that people buy multiples to sell later... which I'm sure is true but you can't really call out people and tell them not to buy just to save pieces for other members. There's no information anywhere that says other members are there to buy these "extra" items. Also consider that the 3 minimum cap is there to cap the number scalpers can buy. Who's to say that they should stop at 1 or 2 when they decide that 3 is the number that keeps the scalpers at a minimum?

I say every preorder that goes to a Macrossworld member is one that is FAR LESS likely to be scalped on eBay. At least I like to believe you all are good folks.