Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I can't wait for mine to show up, it's sitting in my private warehouse at HLJ with a bunch of other goodies. I'm still liking how it looks more then Yamato's 1/60 fair, I did back when they first came out, and I still do now, the slightly elongated cockpit section does it for me, and the head sits just right, unlike Yamato/Arcadia stuff, which I still hold as a gripe to this day. Only thing I'm worried about is getting a hold of the other stuff in the line, it seems a lot of people that want nothing to do with the valks will be buying up Destroids and enemy mecha anyway, which is fine I guess, it just sucks I'll be competing once again with the same people that own multiples of everything on this line too.

I can't wait for mine to show up, it's sitting in my private warehouse at HLJ with a bunch of other goodies. I'm still liking how it looks more then Yamato's 1/60 fair, I did back when they first came out, and I still do now, the slightly elongated cockpit section does it for me, and the head sits just right, unlike Yamato/Arcadia stuff, which I still hold as a gripe to this day. Only thing I'm worried about is getting a hold of the other stuff in the line, it seems a lot of people that want nothing to do with the valks will be buying up Destroids and enemy mecha anyway, which is fine I guess, it just sucks I'll be competing once again with the same people that own multiples of everything on this line too.

Agree,VF-1 series should hv some refinement....

First impression -- it's grey.

Molding differences, very minor, but they are there.

The nosecone is indeed removable. There's not much detail inside.

Grey resembles more of the Takatoku releases. It should be less prone to oxidising.

Grey = old school.

So it's in line with the Takatoku coloring and horizontal red stripes. Hmmm. ;)

Looks like everyone is so excited for the Regult. This is the third time members posted about when it's going to get released. Though I'm looking forward to see the Glaug first. ;)

By the way, great photos, Gundam@EFSF. ;)

the head sits just right, unlike Yamato/Arcadia stuff, which I still hold as a gripe to this day.

I don't really see why one would hold a gripe withe the Yamato/Arcadia about the head position since it can be pushed down to completely hide the neck and look just like the HM. I do that with all mine when posing in battroid since I don't like the elongated look of the neck on the 1/60, and it's still better to have the choice how you prefer it to look really

I don't really see why one would hold a gripe withe the Yamato/Arcadia about the head position since it can be pushed down to completely hide the neck and look just like the HM. I do that with all mine when posing in battroid since I don't like the elongated look of the neck on the 1/60, and it's still better to have the choice how you prefer it to look really

The head was still too high in my opinion no matter how you adjusted it on the Yamato/Arcadia releases, it can be slightly adjusted to look a bit better, but it's still not quite there, whereas the Hi-Metals were right where they should be out of the box. Options are nice I guess, not sure why you'd want the option to have an inaccurate adjustment over just being accurate like it should be, and it's not like they necessarily meant to have them that way, they just didn't have them sitting right and yet they had room for slight adjustment, they never intended to give people options, that particular part of their figures just wasn't accurate. I remember the arguments from years ago when the Hi-Metals first dropped, some people liked the look of Yamato/Arcadia 1/60, some preferred the Hi-Metal, I will always remain in the H-Metal camp, they're pretty damn perfect in my opinion, whereas I still feel Arcadia has some room for improvement of their V2 1/60 molds.

I don't quite understand anybody liking the elongated torso on this HM-R 1-J.

I just don't see it as that elongated, to me, it makes for a much sleeker more aesthetically pleasing battroid, the Yamato/Arcadias always left a lot to be desired in battroid mode for me personally.

Guest davidwhangchoi

David, open the box! Open the box! ;)

Here the box in bubble wrap:)

its just going to sit on my table till i get i get some bad guys. It looks the same size as a RG gundam

Here's a trainer to give it scale

post-14069-0-80690700-1442872267_thumb.jpg

post-14069-0-82050500-1442872710_thumb.jpg

Sweet pictures, Gundam@EFSF! I've got my VF-1J sitting in HLJ's Private Warehouse and I won't be shipping it til October, so your pictures help make the wait more bearable. :lol:

If a 3.75" figure fits in the Regult I'll try the old Zentradi figure.

I'm very skeptical that will be possible, but that would definitely be a LOT of fun if it is. It would make a great vehicle for my Cobra troopers, haha.

I'm very skeptical that will be possible, but that would definitely be a LOT of fun if it is. It would make a great vehicle for my Cobra troopers, haha.

How about imperial pilots, just add 2 huge wings and voila tie fighter with legs.

But then again, with such seemingly small room at the back of the regult, the only thing that will fit is probably the T-1000 terminator in liquid form.

Here's hoping that the real thing will actually bigger than it looks in pictures.

How about imperial pilots, just add 2 huge wings and voila tie fighter with legs.

But then again, with such seemingly small room at the back of the regult, the only thing that will fit is probably the T-1000 terminator in liquid form.

Here's hoping that the real thing will actually bigger than it looks in pictures.

I was wondering about the size myself. I hope Bandai shows us a promo photo of one next to a Hi-Metal VF-1 soon.

Just got my first copy in today. My first impression is that the box is a lot smaller and lighter than I expected lol. The figure looks pretty damn small through the window, I guess I am more used to the larger scale Macross toys for so long that these look tiny. The good thing about the tiny size though is when all of them are out on the same shelf you can make some pretty cool dynamic displays.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Just got my first copy in today. My first impression is that the box is a lot smaller and lighter than I expected lol. The figure looks pretty damn small through the window, I guess I am more used to the larger scale Macross toys for so long that these look tiny. The good thing about the tiny size though is when all of them are out on the same shelf you can make some pretty cool dynamic displays.

yeah, this is my first hi metal and i was surprised myself at the size... not really thrilled but i'll wait till the bad guys come out before placing judgement,

i like how bandai does colors so i may get a max and miria just for the colors.

It has to be the most cramped cockpit ever. Clone soldiers mass produced for war have no well being at all. I think they only have enough room to move their fingers, and perhaps their lower forearm.

You'd think they would have custom cloned small pilots to man any kind of mechanized weapon and only make large clones as grunt infantry. I mean smaller beings take up less space and require less life support so you could cram in a bigger power source or increase payload and weaponry.

On a different note, my order from CDJ just shipped. :) Can't wait! I'll have to bust out my Toynami Regult and older VF100's until they release more H-MR's

Edited by sharky

If Bandai's Hi-Metal Regults are truely 1/100 scale, then I'm keeping my Toynami Regults since they'll scale better with the Hi-Metal VF-1's.

But I'll still buy at least one Hi-Metal Regult. If the Hi-Metal R line is going to go anywhere, it's going to need all the help that it can get.

^This

I'm wondering why it jas taken HLJ five days and no word about shipping although they've happily taken my money.

Also, what the price of the Regults will be.

i like how bandai does colors so i may get a max and miria just for the colors.

The color on my Max 1J looks really good.

I'm wondering why it jas taken HLJ five days and no word about shipping although they've happily taken my money.

Also, what the price of the Regults will be.

The color on my Max 1J looks really good.

It's probably "Silver week"

below is from amiami

"AmiAmi will be closed from Sunday, Sep 20 through Wednesday, Sep 23 2015 for a succession of Japanese national holidays known collectively as Silver Week.