Hi-Metal R

joppewo

No missiles on the Regult? Don't tell me it will be an additional pack....

It will depends on the price. The base unit probably cost 5500 yen (my best guess), but may require 7000 yen with one extra set of missiles. I expect/hope for a 3000 yen missile pack that come with small and big missiles.

Quick snaps: [HI-METAL R] VF-1J ARMORED VALKYRIE 一条輝機

Not bad, the overall proportion and outlook are better than those 1/60 stuff. & of coz, space friendly. I hope Bandai can keep this line~

I disagree.

The overall proportions and outlook is quite meh.

I won't have mine delivered in another couple of weeks, but this HM-R already looks fugly to me compared to the 1/60.

What's more, this HM-R's has the misproportioned (too long/stretched) cockpit/torso in 1J battroid-mode.

The only advantages of this HMR are that it is indeed a nice shelfspace-saver at around 150mm and it is significantly cheaper than the Arcadia 1/60.

The accessories are nice. Still weirded out by those red-tailed cluster-missiles, tho.

post-263-0-63160200-1442680164_thumb.jpg

post-263-0-17085600-1442680174_thumb.jpg

post-263-0-52534700-1442680556_thumb.jpg

post-263-0-64363000-1442680564_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment

hmmmm...Interesting take on this Bandai...definitely more of an aggresive look than the Yamato/Arcadia version. Happy for those getting it. Enjoy! I'll be sticking with my 1:60 Valks and patiently awaiting the Bandai Destoids and enemy mecha

Edited by derex3592

Great pics. I'm interested in seeing how the base VF-1J compares to the original Hi-Metal release.

I was on the fence between this and the Arcadia 1/60, but damn if Bandai's preorder scarcity & resulting markups didn't make my decision for me. Sold out everywhere and prices topping $200. Hi-Metal R looks like a decent midrange line at MSRP, but for what I'd have to pay, spending a little extra for the Arcadia just made more sense.

Are the odds good that Bandai will produce more than what's needed to satisfy the preorders or do you really need to get in on the ground floor with these guys?

Edited by shogun221

Great pics. I'm interested in seeing how the base VF-1J compares to the original Hi-Metal release.

I was on the fence between this and the Arcadia 1/60, but damn if Bandai's preorder scarcity & resulting markups didn't make my decision for me. Sold out everywhere and prices topping $200. Hi-Metal R looks like a decent midrange line at MSRP, but for what I'd have to pay, spending a little extra for the Arcadia just made more sense.

Are the odds good that Bandai will produce more than what's needed to satisfy the preorders or do you really need to get in on the ground floor with these guys?

fwiw, this HM-R Armored-1J is still available at cdjapan at around msrp:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-139741

HMR GBP looks closer to the Suzuki art...which IMO is the ultimate depiction of a GBP armored VF-1..well, besides the Takani version...

b1222_box.jpg

The Yamato/Arcadia GBP armored VF-1 always looked too skinny to me...

Non-armored -1J award still goes to Yamato....Arcadia's version is too pinkish to deserve any recognition....

Edited by jvmacross

They now have it as "Discontinued" :(

At Ieast I have one pre-orded. Just waiting for HLJ to request payment now....

Yeah, I was just thinking "I wonder if it's been released finally". Since I missed any pre-order my next plan was to wait for release and see if I can snag one. Today I see it's discontinued on HLJ and freaked out. Luckily, I just ordered one from CDJ. Whew! B))

And you guys said not to worry about it. They'll be plenty come release time I recall being said. :rolleyes:

Edit: I think I might have ordered the last one from CDJ. Right after my order went through I see that it's Out of Print. That was a close one. :o

Edited by sharky

Yeah, I was just thinking "I wonder if it's been released finally". Since I missed any pre-order my next plan was to wait for release and see if I can snag one. Today I see it's discontinued on HLJ and freaked out. Luckily, I just ordered one from CDJ. Whew! B))

And you guys said not to worry about it. They'll be plenty come release time I recall being said. :rolleyes:

Edit: I think I might have ordered the last one from CDJ. Right after my order went through I see that it's Out of Print. That was a close one. :o

Close one there , but there was plenty on release date , which was September 19 Japan time , ( which was yesterday). There were tons on cdjapan and many at Hlj . Just keep track of the release date on the tamashii website and check back here often or close to release date incase you missed another preorder . Just remember Japan time , Japan time , ^_^