Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I don't have any of the original VF-1 Hi-Metals, but I just opened the VF-19 I got and I found it incredibly lame that there's no way to mount the gunpod in fighter mode and it comes with a stand clip for a stand that's SOLD SEPARATELY. And the prices for Bandai's Tamashii stands are ridiculous for a shoddy piece of plastic with some holes in it.

This is annoying because this thing doesn't have any landing gear, so a goddamn stand should have been included in the box.

Hope Bandai doesn't pull this crap with the Hi-Metal R line.

I don't have any of the original VF-1 Hi-Metals, but I just opened the VF-19 I got and I found it incredibly lame that there's no way to mount the gunpod in fighter mode and it comes with a stand clip for a stand that's SOLD SEPARATELY. And the prices for Bandai's Tamashii stands are ridiculous for a shoddy piece of plastic with some holes in it.

This is annoying because this thing doesn't have any landing gear, so a goddamn stand should have been included in the box.

Hope Bandai doesn't pull this crap with the Hi-Metal R line.

You got the VF-19Kai (red one) didn't you. I was checking out the review here and there before and if you were to get a hi-metal VF-19 it definitely should be the VF-19S (blue one) It comes with landing gears , base, and stand. missles too.

Anymoon did a pretty good review on them. you should definitely watch it

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=3724

post-2743-0-62295700-1436301274_thumb.jpg

Edited by F360

You got the VF-19Kai (red one) didn't you. I was checking out the review here and there before and if you were to get a hi-metal VF-19 it definitely should be the VF-19S (blue one) It comes with landing gears , base, and stand. missles too.

I stopped reading anymoon back when they praised Bandai for "fattening up" the VF-25 in the original, craptacular release. Making mecha look like a bunch of morbidly obese old men with their pants pulled up to their armpits is NOT something to praise Bandai for.

Anyway, I actually bought both, but my S has not arrived yet. Glad to hear it comes with the accessories that the Kai should have come with in the box, instead of being sold separately. Decisions like that make me glad that the old Hi-Metal line died.

If they pull this kind of crap with the R line, then it too deserves to fail.

Yeah, I only read things I agree with 100% of the time too!

Edit - I'll say this for my site, even if you think every opinion I have is wrong, I try to make sure it's useful to everyone by including a list of exactly what comes in the box, what releases there are, how much they cost, how big the toy is, what it looks like with various similar releases. So, even if you're like "yuck, he wishes the VF-25 battroid looked more imposing" you could still get something useful from it. If you don't like my opinion you can just think of it as sort of a toy wiki unfortunately smattered with the ramblings of an idiot.

Edited by jenius

too small, too fiddly, too many compromises.. pass on the Hi-Metals..

I stopped reading anymoon back when they praised Bandai for "fattening up" the VF-25 in the original, craptacular release. Making mecha look like a bunch of morbidly obese old men with their pants pulled up to their armpits is NOT something to praise Bandai for.

Anyway, I actually bought both, but my S has not arrived yet. Glad to hear it comes with the accessories that the Kai should have come with in the box, instead of being sold separately. Decisions like that make me glad that the old Hi-Metal line died.

If they pull this kind of crap with the R line, then it too deserves to fail.

:o that's blasphemy! hehe! just kidding.. ;):p:D

Ah man, I was just putting in that edit when you wrote that. I'm totally fine with you not liking my website, I'm sure you're not alone. In fact, you're in pretty good company. I still like it though.

No worries man. And I was oversimplifying in my original post. I do occasionally read anymoon, though rarely. But then I don't really read toy reviews much anyway, so me saying I don't read anymoon isn't saying much.

I still vehemently disagree with the VF-25 praise though. :p

Err, back on topic. So yeah I can be harsh in my toy opinions. I'll be judging the R line accordingly and comparing it to Yamato's 1/60 line. I'll be willing to forgive little things like swapping landing gear and heat shields due to the smaller scale, but it'll be expecting a high quality perfect transformation otherwise.

Having no landing gear OR display stand like the 19 is unacceptable.

No worries man. And I was oversimplifying in my original post. I do occasionally read anymoon, though rarely. But then I don't really read toy reviews much anyway, so me saying I don't read anymoon isn't saying much.

I still vehemently disagree with the VF-25 praise though. :p

Err, back on topic. So yeah I can be harsh in my toy opinions. I'll be judging the R line accordingly and comparing it to Yamato's 1/60 line. I'll be willing to forgive little things like swapping landing gear and heat shields due to the smaller scale, but it'll be expecting a high quality perfect transformation otherwise.

Having no landing gear OR display stand like the 19 is unacceptable.

Isn't it unfair to compare these two since they're in different scales?

Wow, those are totally unfair odds.

The Zentraedi are totally outgunned.

If they just stand there long enough, the Toynami stuff will disintegrate on their own. But those Matchbox toys are pretty solid. Still have mine!

You mean like crappy records? :)

I don't know about bad Vinyl but they were glued together in a couple places and the glue did become unseated easily. It was generally just a matter of re-gluing. Not like the actual broken stuff of anything else Toynami manufactured.

I have 6 of the Toynami battlepods and I havent' ever had a problem with them coming apart. All mine were/are rock solid. Considering I think I paid $10 a pop for them, I still like them. Not in scale with much, but still cool to have some enemies that fit on shelves with 1/60 stuff.

Like Jenius mentioned, mine broke apart at the seams because the glue they applied wasn't enough. I just glued them back together. But I don't collect vinyl over all because most become sticky over time. They just don't react to paint as well as other plastics and going by their standards I'm guessing Toynami vinyls will get there before other vinyl pieces I have.