Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Sometimes I wonder, like how many preorders each stores need to fill before they close it? Does the manufacturer give them certain numbers at first? Or stores just reserves certain numbers for preorder just in case buyers starting to cancel or ignore their preorders before the release date? In this process, does the product considered as 'made to order' based on the numbers? Because for sure, they will not produce a thousand when the shops will just sell a couple of hundreds, right? :unsure:

Oh well, this is the reason why I decided to be a Graphic Artist instead. :rolleyes:

I'm out.

I thought this would be a good alternative to the 1/60s and something I could just mess around with. It looks like everyone was thinking the same.

I don't feel the need to jump through hoops to start a new line so I will take my money, and interests, elsewhere.

I had the VF-1S from the first incarnation of this line but later sold it when I was cutting the collection back. When I saw this one I was thinking it would be fun to have since the Hikaru colors are my favorite. Unfortunately, I have now been reminded why I no longer collect Bandai. :angry:

Shouldn't have to chill. I should be able to put in a preorder without needing to keep hours that would make Batman proud. Bandai has been doing this crap for too long now so my impulse money will be going elsewhere.

Well Matt, you could move to Japan or somewhere in their local timezone, then it would always be at 4:00PM JST. Honestly I am glad we can even get any of this stuff at all, with HG ruining this franchise outside of Japan and all. It's a privilege and not a right for JP based web shops to even allow us to buy them.

But on a side note, yes Bandai could possibly increase the supply of these toys.

Edited by Loop

At this point I think I'm just too old for this hobby since I have absolutely no thrill of the hunt and don't need more pieces of injection molded plastic and low grade metal in my life.

Edited by Matt Random

At this point I think I'm just too old for this hobby since I have absolutely no thrill of the hunt and don't need more pieces of injection molded plastic and low grade metal in my life.

Yeah, sometimes I think the same thing lol. I am soooo freaking tired today because I was not getting much sleep to begin with since Sunday, and then I forgot Tue was the pre-order night.

Here on the left coast I was able to place the order within 5 or 10 minutes after midnight just about right for bedtime. This was one of the vastly easier Bandai preorders and I've participated in almost all of em since the renewal 25s (and 29s) were introduced. It's a shame for eastcoasters though.

It depends on how much sleep I've had the days prior but I was dog tired last night so didn't stick around too long like I usually do.

Yes I didn't stay up for this release but I will if bandai reissues the vf-25g so I can complete the squad.

I'm not sure if Bandai will reissue a VF-25G from their VF100 line. They might however release Valks from the Frontier down the line if Hi-Metal R will be successful. Let's pray it will since most of the guys here are looking forward for the Destroids releases. ;)

Hold on so is he talking about the VF100's line? I don't remember them releasing the Frontier stuff the first time around. If he means the VF100's line then I am :(

I have heard nothing but horrible things about that line.

Edited by Loop

I made the order while driving home from work and just needed to finalise the payment. When I got home, the item was listed as sold out and I promptly made the payment. It is pretty much a 48 hour protected shopping cart. But then, people could still compete while it is in the order stage.

Meanwhile, my other Bandai day item was Garo Ver.3, which is the cheapest at CDJapan. However, since it is almost double the price of Ver.2(2011), people are hesitant about it and it is still opened. I think Bandai was trying to match the current market price of Ver.2(8000-10000 yen).

No Strike Freedom though, but never liked the character.

Edited by calubin_175

Same here. I'll become interested once the destroids and enemy mecha are confirmed and set for pre-order; until then... ZZZZzzzz...

hehe! again same here! I am only interested in the Monster.. doubt we'll see any of the Destroids till 2016 anyways..

Guest davidwhangchoi

Same here. I'll become interested once the destroids and enemy mecha are confirmed and set for pre-order; until then... ZZZZzzzz...

LOL +1