Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Technically yes it should be as per their specifications they are much larger than the VB6.. going by the pictures of the toys we've seen so far its as if the scale doesn't look very accurate compared to the other mecha. Or it could just be the photos playing visual tricks..

Didn't early Hi Metal promo ads hint towards a VF-2SS? With Evolution Toy making one, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to revisit that idea.

The VF-2SS was shown in the early promos, wish they had made it!

Didn't early Hi Metal promo ads hint towards a VF-2SS? With Evolution Toy making one, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to revisit that idea.

Negative, the VF100 line hinted that any valk was possible. The Hi-Metal line was a step toward a more premium line and the marketing since then has been a little less "anything is possible." That said, with all the crazy stuff we're seeing now, maybe everything is back on the table.

I certainly hope not. I'll be very disappointed if the only Valkyries we get from this line are just VF-1 repaints over and over.

I could be wrong about the SDF Macross thing, hope I am, but at the very least it appears to be the initial focus (and yes, I'm including DYRL in that).

That doesn't assume anything... he started the question with "I don't own any..." so I can safely say that he's asking current owners. I can also safely say he meant the VF-1 since there's a picture of a VF-1S quoted within the posted question. The assumption on your side would be that there's people in Bandai, clairvoyant toy collectors, or time travelling toy magicians reading this thread.

:p

Same here!! :(

Yeah, I just bit the bullet and ordered it from a US anime shop with a mark up. At least my shipping cost will be lower so that offsets the mark up a little.

This was the lowest price I can find that was still taking pre-orders. Hopefully there won't be issues. I've never dealt with them before. Anybody have any experience with them feel free to chime in.

www.imageanime.com

Edited by sharky

i think that Bandai needs to rethink their model for this line. I have no problem with preorders so they can determine the production yield, but it's ridiculous that they are limiting production to the point where people like us can't even get a toy. Their price point is reasonable enough to encourage light collectors like me to get multiple variants, but if I can't get any what's the point?

How many Japanese customers does Bandai have that are interested in a line of toys depicting mecha from a 30+ year old anime show?

With the latest and greatest Macross show (and toys) looming in the horizon.....I just hope Bandai sticks to this line and actually releases everything they have shown....

With that said, expect the same frenzy for every future release to come in this line (perhaps even worse now)....it is what it is.....be ready to stay up on pre-order days (nights?) if you want to procure one.....and hope for some web-sclusives along the way to ease the stress...

Yeah, I just bit the bullet and ordered it from a US a anime shop with a mark up. At least my shipping cost will be lower so that offsets the mark up a little.

This was the lowest price I can find that was still taking pre-orders. Hopefully there won't be issues. I've never dealt with them before. Anybody have any experience with them feel free to chime in.

www.imageanime.com

i've used them before and been to there shop in nyc before too. they are overpriced but at least they are friendly. no way i'm paying $120 for an $80 msrp toy though this time around. i will gamble that there will be some at release.

i've used them before and been to there shop in nyc before too. they are overpriced but at least they are friendly. no way i'm paying $120 for an $80 msrp toy though this time around. i will gamble that there will be some at release.

The price is a bitter pill to swallow, but I'm just paranoid that it'll be sold out everywhere come release time.

I've been kind of out of the collecting game, but this is totally up my alley. I should pay closer attention and stay current on it. I really want to get one of each type, so I felt compelled to go ahead and get it at a higher price. I figure it's still better than going to ebay.

Edited by sharky

.be ready to stay up on pre-order days (nights?) if you want to procure one...

This is exactly what i'm talking about; it seems counter-intuitive to have a pre-order when you're going to limit it. I understand that Bandai wants to not overproduce so they have pre-orders to avoid it. What doesn't make sense to me is that you limit the pre-orders and create a scalper market to the point where you target customers (us) give up on buying your product. Why not have unlimited pre-orders and then *gasp* produce that amount? Don't tell me it's has to do with manufacturing limitations, these Chinese factorys will produce anything in whatever quantities you want.

Around $80 for a Valk+ super parts is right in my affordability wheelhouse. But paying markup is out of the question, it's bad enough that Arcadia wants $300 for their new molds.

Edited by DuffCon

I just don't get it: lot of people expressed hatred for the HiMtal when they first appeared but now all of a sudden interest has come back. If arcadia/yamato had done this line of transformig robots at 1/100 I think they could have made a lot of money. It pisses me off that they chose the GNU idea where you had non-transformig figures. This was at the time revoltech macross toys were the thing. Now bandai are doing it and we get all the cool enemy mecha. Should have listened to me yamato/arcaddia....

I guess it wasn't hatred, just the fact you could get a Yamato 1/60 VF-1 just $25/35 more.

Interest has been renewed because they showed destroids and enemy mecha. Better timing and potential.

Good point, they definitely seem to be waving those destroids and enemies in front of our noses but not telling us anything definite, because they know that otherwise we wouldnt buy those vf-1s yet again...

I agree, the pricing was so close to the 1/60 V2's it was not really worth it to me. I also had a good feeling that Yamato was trying to make as many schemes as possible so I could "Catch them all!" and on top of all that I don't really have any 1/100 toys to pair them up with. But now they are showing these pics making it look like we will get a more complete line this time around with enemy's and destroids.. Why would I not try to jump in? Sucks though as I have yet been able to secure a pre-order, so maybe it was not meant to be dunno. Somehow I have been lucky enough to secure all the DX chogokins though.

I guess it wasn't hatred, just the fact you could get a Yamato 1/60 VF-1 just $25/35 more.

Interest has been renewed because they showed destroids and enemy mecha. Better timing and potential.

Also, the hi-metals look a lot more attractive now that the 1/60ths have gone up in price so much. The old pricing just made the 1/100ths harder to sell, especially when you consider that a lot of the Yamato 1/60ths could be found on sale for less than it would cost to get a hi-metal version.