Hi-Metal R

joppewo

This is what I was getting at above. I have no stake in the debate, but I do like gimmicks in toys (articulated or not), especially when prices hover around or shoot above $100USD. A fully articulated pilot that could also double as an action figure would be a welcome surprise, and so I have more empathy for jvmacross and his method of dreaming big. I don't know how much that gimmick would add to the cost given Bandai's process, but at this scale I don't want to get my hopes up.

Don't want to take credit for the OPs "dream".... ^_^

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41926&p=1199167

...but I support "big dreamers"....nothing great would ever come from supporting the small thinkers, preservers of the status quo, or run-of-the mill naysayers...... :rolleyes:

The melodramatic responses are gold. Someone mentioned a price point earlier that seemed based on the GBP, I truly hope that Bandai has the sense to stay below 5000 yen on the destroids (not including monster) and regults.

Figure or no figure... I'm excited about having enemy mechs in scale with valkyries! Destroids too. I think they're smart to release the Spartan first as most people will be getting them in anticipation for the more popular, similar legged version.

Beginning with yours... :rolleyes:

Destroids, Regults and Glaugs don't transform......so I think it's reasonable to expect Bandai to deliver at a price point below that of their VF Hi-Metal toys...even including a few cool "gimmicks"...I also don't think adding Destroid pilots will price out anyone....

Beginning with yours... :rolleyes:

Destroids, Regults and Glaugs don't transform......so I think it's reasonable to expect Bandai to deliver at a price point below that of their VF Hi-Metal toys...even including a few cool "gimmicks"...I also don't think adding Destroid pilots will price out anyone....

A Destroid pilot would be less than a drop of plastic... lol. ;)

The melodramatic responses are gold. Someone mentioned a price point earlier that seemed based on the GBP, I truly hope that Bandai has the sense to stay below 5000 yen on the destroids (not including monster) and regults.

I guessed around $100USD above. I haven't checked to see if anyone else was guessing that high. Anyway, it wasn't meant to be a melodramatic example; it was a guess based on ignorance. To date, the only non-transforming Macross item I've had in my collection (and, coincidentally, the only enemy mecha) is Mira's Queadluun Rau, which is a different beast that offers a different kind of value—I'm thinking of the TV mods here.

If Bandai adds a pilot figure of some sort for 7000 to 7500 yen, then I think it would still be a good buy. That retail price would also give flexibility for options, similar to what Takara does with the MP Transformers line.

I'm sorry, that was poorly written, the 'melodramatic' comment was in no way directed at the guessed price point which understandably comes from the GBP price point.

Thanks. I misunderstood too, jenius, so it's cool.

So... In case they never make one, i found these $40 gems on the RT site

Sweet! The DYRL scheme looks nice.

If Bandai does make their own version at this scale, it will be interesting to see how/if they improve on the design.

damn that's a lot of $$$ for that toy. I've got 4 of the original TV color and one of each of the missile one's. I never really had a problem with the Toynami one's. Ohh sure, they had practically no movement to them, they weren't great by any means, but I think I paid $10 a piece for them. With a little weathering, they really look pretty good next to some 1:60 Yammies. No they aren't in scale, but who has room for that scenario??? Just wish they would have made the recon scout type.

So I've said this before, I no longer own any valks, and I don't plan on getting back into 1/60 again, so I was really hyped for this line, but after seeing how difficult it is to even lock down a 1J, I may just pass on the whole line. I'm a little baffled it's sold out everywhere, and I'm not paying Ebay prices, they're nearing the price of 1/60 V2 stuff anyway. I'm wondering how well the enemy mecha and destroids will sell, I don't want to talk myself into just grabbing one on Ebay and then finding it just as difficult to get my hands on the other stuff, they may never even release Max and Kaki 1As, which is what I really want, I still don't have a complete Vermillion Squad in any form. I don't know, this kind of sucks, I've recently budgeted out myself several other expensive items that are releasing later, including the super insane looking Figuart Hulkbuster, plus the rest of the year is pretty packed as it is, I just don't really know what to do. I love me some Macross, SDF still stands as one of my favorite animes ever, and I find it almost sacreligious that I don't own any valks anymore, but this Bandai nonsense just isn't working for me.

You can be a Macross fan without owning any of the toys. But, if you want some at this scale, I wouldn't lose hope so soon. There will be more opportunities to get the GBP set without paying eBay prices. You may have to wait until the end of September to place your order, though.

Toynami's armor parts for the VF-1S look strangely familiar... Like the Urban Cammo set for the 1/48 Yamato.

*Edit*

Went back and looked at the pics, and it is not quite like the Urban Cammo. The only thing they did was paint the cuffs and the chest plates for the missile bays. Toynami kept the same color of the legs as the standard TV/Movie color armor parts.

Edited by Loop

It's hard to tell, but it looks like Bandai might've resculpted the S head. I really hope that's the case because the old S head was an eyesore. At the very least, those are definitely new battroid head lasers that splay out! I'm guessing that those are optional, since moveable lasers at 1/100 scale would be too fragile.

I'm also loving the new boxart. But truth be told, I also loved the anime style boxes from the old Hikaru and Roy Hi-Metals.