Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Since this line isn't too concerned about canon anything....I'd hope for the off-white of the VF-1S....the bright white plastic has a tendency to yellow on the first hi-metal VF-1J release...let's face it...bright white is the worst plastic color to use for any toy that you hope to preserve for years to come.....

The bright white colors should only be used when deliberately going for "anime" accurate.....like Yamato did for the SDFM line and Arcadia did for the "DYRL" movie editions.....but don't expect them to look the same in the not so distant future....

My 1J looks exactly the same as it did when I bought it.

I think there are going to be a fair amount of people let down by the Hi-Metal R line at this price range and this difficulty level in obtaining the toys unless there are numerous improvements over the original HM line. They were great 1/100 toys in my estimation... but 1/100 makes them a totally different beast from the premium renewal DX toys that this preorder window felt more in line with (and it's pretty ridiculous for those toys also).

I think there are going to be a fair amount of people let down by the Hi-Metal R line at this price range and this difficulty level in obtaining the toys unless there are numerous improvements over the original HM line. They were great 1/100 toys in my estimation... but 1/100 makes them a totally different beast from the premium renewal DX toys that this preorder window felt more in line with (and it's pretty ridiculous for those toys also).

Yeah I think the same. The hi-metals are impressive for 1/100 but people shouldn't be expecting DX chogokins or yammies despite the preorder shenanagins on this cheaper toy.

We may disagree on to what extent the Hi-Metal line suffers but you're right, the kind of fervor this armored 1J is experiencing doesn't match the quality of the 1/60 line at all. Never-the-less, the battroids were all good fun to pose so this armored one should be quite entertaining as well.

I don't get it... for 70 more bucks you can get a much better toy. But I guess people just look at the bottom line.

Or hey, it's new :D

People don't want to spend $150+, especially if they're new to the hobby. And a few of them have convinced themselves these things are the equal of a 1/60 Yamcadia/DX simply because it's made by Bandai and it's in a price range they like.

?? 1/60 line have their own armor

It's just a few topics down, and this is a re-release. They've been available for years.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41447

I think this preorder madness is largely due to ignorant scalpers, who are speculating that there's going to be a lot of aftermarket demand for the Hi-Metal R GBP. The original Hi-Metal line was met with a lukewarm response and died a year later. Macross hasn't garned many new fans since then, so this sudden renewed interest has me baffled. If we end up seeing lots of GBP's at discounted prices next year, we'll know what happened.

my room very small, gundam, macross etc. no room for huge transformer. and frankly I not richman. HAHA keke

Haha. Well said.

Whatever works for you.

I think this line is great for a lot of collectors who wouldn't even jump to the Arcadia lines anyways.

Edited by Gakken85

I think this preorder madness is largely due to ignorant scalpers, who are speculating that there's going to be a lot of aftermarket demand for the Hi-Metal R GBP. The original Hi-Metal line was met with a lukewarm response and died a year later. Macross hasn't garned many new fans since then, so this sudden renewed interest has me baffled. If we end up seeing lots of GBP's at discounted prices next year, we'll know what happened.

It's most likely that and people putting in multiple orders to secure theirs and others that are genuinely enthused about a line that'll encompass more mechs than VF-1s. I think ones we learn what the price point is for the enemy mechs and Destroids, that's when the dust will settle for a little while. A lot of people won't get one or the other unless it's a lot less than the VF-1s depending on the size of the toy. But prepare for those toys to go up in price once they're not available anymore.

I think there is genuinely a lot of interest in new valks with a different size. The GBP armor has always been hard to find.

But I am very suspicious considering how horrible the old Hi-Metal line was.

The line will succeed or fail going forward depending on how good the new product is.

Only one of these things mentioned is actually an enemy mech.

Well yes, you got me.

But I meant "hard to sell" mechs that we don't get enough of.

I am a freak when it comes to completing a toy line. I mean heck I don't even really need another GBP in my collection at all. I have all 3 of the 1/48 GBP armors and I the Launch effect set Yamato released plus I for some reason ordered another one from Arcadia. What I want the most out of this line is the enemy mecha and the destroids. If I could get them all though that's even better for a opposing sides type of display or diorama.

late reply to page 10 I think. Ain't banpresto anniversary macross, transforming type revoltech macross and vintage old cheap plastic macross have the scale of 1/144? correct if im wrong. k

Edited by alvaro

WAH such a huge difference for 1/144gundam.

m7 1/144 model kit 10cm?

if the figure above is correct, VF-1 is approx to 13 meters while the average Gundam is 18m tall (no reference, my own number lol) . Early or mid UC suit are even 20meters high (Nu is like 22 or 23, unicorn destroy mode might be similar or taller). It might be comparable to the Wing or Late UC MS like V gundam.

Tamashii Summer Collection 2015 - May 30-31 in Akihabara

http://tamashii.jp/special/tamacolle_2015/exhibition.html

"第1弾「VF-1J アーマードバルキリー」に続く第2弾アイテムや、会場初公開の最新試作をチェック!! "

They will show/announce the second Hi-Metal R product.

They will also announce a new < perfect transformation > < chogokin > product, can be new Macross DX or new Soul of Chogokin.