Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I would like integral landing gear too, but the bay doors would be minuscule at that scale :(

True. I'm more saying landing gear that is attached to the toy, not to the base (VF-19S HI-metal). Even if it requires some parts swapping (I don't mind that at this scale). At 1/100 scale we are really in toy territory, so some concessions might need to be made, so that we get a playable toy that looks and transforms right (mostly). But hey, I don't design them (yet...) and I'm not in charge of marketing them (yet...).

Hello All -

I am new to this forum and the community. I was wondering does anyone know when the R Hi Metal Bandai 1:100 scale toys will be available to purchase as well as a good place to purchase them? There is not a lot available here in the midwest. By the way what is the difference between this version and the line released in 2010? Any and all insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you fellow Macrossers..I look forward to hearing about the world of Macross. Rock on skull squadron!!!.

Edited by SuperMacrossFan2015

There's no real information available yet. They hinted that there would be changes between the 'R' toys and the original Hi-Metal toys and obviously that we'd get some destroids and bad guys but that's been it. They have a lot in the pipeline right now with I think a new DX release every month from April through August so... it might be a bit.

http://tamashii.jp/item_brand/dx_chogokin/

They've really had their hands full starting from 2013, including option parts. Prior to that, their releases from 2012 were a bit sparse.

Meanwhile, here are the former VF HI-Metals.

http://tamashii.jp/item_brand/vf_hi_metal/

They've excluded the web exclusive ones which include VF-1J Max, VF-1A x3 movie ver plus super parts. There was also sound booster and stand for Basara's VF-19Kai. A YF-21 was also in the works but was never released. I would like to see how its proportions compare with Yamato wide ones. Bandai tend to have sleeker proportions.

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm... I did say previously that I'd probably be happy to pick up all of these but seeing that now my 1:60 VF-1 collection is pretty much complete and im quite content with what I have I am probably going to give this line a miss..

Maybe.. just maybe I might pickup the Monster even though its in 1:100 scale its still gonna be a fairly good size but I don't particularly care for a Regult in an out of scale size compared with what I have collected so far.

And to be honest I can't see the Hi-Metal R VF-1 lot being any better than the original Hi-Metal series.. Especially not if people are expecting them to be a budget or cheaper line to collect so you can forget about integrated landing gear, hands and what ever else they don't have compared to a 1:60. I'll be extremely surprised if any of those features make it in the final production versions..

Edited by spanner76

hmmm... I did say previously that I'd probably be happy to pick up all of these but seeing that now my 1:60 VF-1 collection is pretty much complete and im quite content with what I have I am probably going to give this line a miss..

Maybe.. just maybe I might pickup the Monster even though its in 1:100 scale its still gonna be a fairly good size but I don't particularly care for a Regult in an out of scale size compared with what I have collected so far.

And to be honest I can't see the Hi-Metal R VF-1 lot being any better than the original Hi-Metal series.. Especially not if people are expecting them to be a budget or cheaper line to collect so you can forget about integrated landing gear, hands and what ever else they don't have compared to a 1:60. I'll be extremely surprised if any of those features make it in the final production versions..

I'm definitely getting a Monster if they make one. But mostly I've been waiting to see the Regult, it looks like they have the fully functioning leg joint and it should be pretty pose-able. While I'm bummed I never got the do-it-yourself Yamato 1/60 I also don't have time (and it sounds like the leg joints didn't really work right anyway.) At 1/100 it'll be lighter and "easier" to pull off hopefully.

Still in a holding pattern waiting for more info. My guesses are 3/2016 (or never), 7000 Yen MSRP, normal Japanese retailers except for some stuff that will be Tamashii exclusive. :)

We'll probably know more at next month's Shizuoka Hobby Show. If there's no news at Shizuoka, Hi-Metal R is likely going to be vaporware.

Edited by Vifam7

We'll probably know more at next month's Shizuoka Hobby Show. If there's no news at Shizuoka, Hi-Metal R is likely going to be vaporware.

I've been worrying about that. It seems strange to make a big announcement and then shelf it, but I've given up trying to make sense of Bandai's decisions. Here's hoping Shizuoka doesn't let me down.

Is it worth letting go of the hi metals from a few years ago? Have a few and wondering if I should sell them

We have no idea. Supposedly these new VF-1's have gone through some sort of redesign but nobody has seen anything of that.

Hello -

I have heard that if these are released some dealers in the states won't sell them due to legal issues around distribution rights. Does anyone have a dealer that they use on a regular basis for purchasing Bandai items from Japan in general? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. When the "R Hi Metal" 1:100 Bandai toy line does get released I intend to buy big :) Thanks for any insight you fellow Macrosser may have. :)

Edited by SuperMacrossFan2015

Hello -

I have heard that if these are released some dealers in the states won't sell them due to legal issues around distribution rights. Does anyone have a dealer that they use on a regular basis for purchasing Bandai items from Japan in general? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. When the "R Hi Metal" 1:100 Bandai toy line does get released I intend to buy big :) Thanks for any insight you fellow Macrosser may have. :)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41210