Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Very curious as to the transformation on these guys?

(Although the proportions were a fail)...I thought the 1/72 kit had some great innovations with it's transformation eg: retracting wings and the leg/hip joint transformation behind the air intakes...wonder if any of that will come across in this release?...or is this a rehash of the previous Hi-Metal line?

Very curious as to the transformation on these guys?

(Although the proportions were a fail)...I thought the 1/72 kit had some great innovations with it's transformation eg: retracting wings and the leg/hip joint transformation behind the air intakes...wonder if any of that will come across in this release?...or is this a rehash of the previous Hi-Metal line?

Maybe they dug out some old stock just for advertisement purposes and there will be some further refinements or changes but I can say looking at the close up pics of the 1S that looks exactly like the old Hi-Metal series. I know they were supposed to be changing the sculpt to look more accurate/better (which is a good thing IMO, if they fix the look in fighter/gerwalk I'd be extremely happy.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Greetings fellow MWers!

Sadly, It's been a long time since I've posted here for various reasons, but I hope to make a comeback.

Does anybody out there know how different these will be compared to the defunct Hi-Metal line from a few years back? I went nuts with the first attempt hoping that the line would stay strong and eventually produce some baddies. I'm glad to see that they're back, but I'm worried that the new version will effectively make the previous effort obsolete.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Old Man

Based on the pics seen so far....and if they indicate what is being released....then the Strike VF-1S and VF-1J Max can become obsolete if the "R" versions are indeed different....

Then again, all previous generations of Macross toys eventually become obsolete....best to enjoy them while you have them in whatever way best suits you....

I suppose you're right, and there's no use worrying about it. I'm sure those deep in the Yamato 1/60 V1 collection felt the same way when the V2 was announced. Progress is the name of the game, and regardless of my current collection, I welcome the new line wholeheartedly.

...I just want to pick up a Milia 1J to go with my Max...

WORD!!!

I bought an extra FP set in hopes that they'd release a Milia, only to be crushed when they killed the line (yeah, I know they weren't done in the correct M&M colors, but I've seen SDFM scenes where the two had standard color FPs, so I figured what the hell).

WORD!!!

I bought an extra FP set in hopes that they'd release a Milia, only to be crushed when they killed the line (yeah, I know they weren't done in the correct M&M colors, but I've seen SDFM scenes where the two had standard color FPs, so I figured what the hell).

The FPs on the Hi-Metals are also DYRL-type....essentially you can tell by the arm armor and by the color....I think the recent pics of the Super VF-1J Max and Milia are using the DYRL armor painted in their TV colors

Edited by jvmacross

I just bought 3 Vf-1 Hi metals from Mandarake and according to the new announcement pictures they seem exactly the same. I think it would have been better to announce only when they had the new models ready to sell, anyway, they have taken long to announce anything on this line, maybe they are not too sure it will be a good business...I hope Im wrong I want to complete my collection..

Hey guys, I've tried to respond to Tom about this in a PM, but it seems he has blocked me, and I can't say that I blame him...

I don't feel that it's prudent to discuss my reasons on this board, but there are some guys that can still vouch for me, I'm sure.

Tom, if you can read this, please allow me to explain and not publicly banish me from this place...

• 2 weeks later...

This old or new line have been in eyes of many, Hot & popular in terms of playability or save room space . .

Cmon beat the overpriced HAHA hopefully. . .haha

BANZAI BANDAI ! ! not necessary metal needed, it's always in this case for toys, just abit of metal

or chogokin makes the price soars. . what needed is 1/100 scales & proportionable

as a buyer mentality lower cost much better right?

HIP HIP HOORAY! !

Edited by alvaro

I don't really understand why everybody is cheering for this. We've already had Hi-Metal VF-1's. We know they're tiny, fiddly and have a bunch of parts to swap out that can be easily lost. They were pretty inconvenient all around, even if once you have Battroid mode assembled it's fun to pose.

I don't really understand why everybody is cheering for this. We've already had Hi-Metal VF-1's. We know they're tiny, fiddly and have a bunch of parts to swap out that can be easily lost. They were pretty inconvenient all around, even if once you have Battroid mode assembled it's fun to pose.

Are you thinking of the right 1/100 Bandai Valks?

Outside of the Canopy / heatshield swap and having to attach the gun-handle the Hi-metal VF-1's are perfect transformation.

Edited by Duymon

Are you thinking of the right 1/100 Bandai Valks?

Outside of the Canopy / heatshield swap and having to attach the gun-handle the Hi-metal VF-1's are perfect transformation.

I never transform them. I put them into Battroid, didn't like how fidgety they were or the proportions in the other two modes, and left them in Battroid.

Any company willing to produce destroids........will get my cash....they are also claiming a Monster will be released....

But, then again, where is this Bandai?...

I am down for some space roaches.