Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Ok, I'm really not trying to hate or anything like that, considering Bandai has so much of my money in other future releases but the Fighter mode pictures look "off". Especially the area front of the Fast Packs, like the canopy or front section has a droop. Is it just me?

-b.

If the the VF-1 toys are reissues they do have a little downward angle to them. Here's the line art comparison I did:

Hi-Metal-Comparison-21.jpg

I told myself the first go around I'm only going to get the Hikaru valks so I can have each head type. But since they're releasing Destroids and Regults... those M&Ms start to look good... if I get that I might as well get the rest of the Vermillion team and Roy 1S right? RIGHT?

This post brought to you by The Justification Association of Macross Collecting. Our motto..."If you say so..."

post-151-0-96419800-1416633421_thumb.jpg

wow these are surely unexpected. Bandai's going to milk whatever possible variants they can think of...Think of the possibilities! GBP, zentran soldiers, glaug, destroids, Q-raus, Nsdoeljer-whatchamacallit and a plethora of VF, VT, VE etc2...

Going to get these for a group-shot display IF they revise the hi-metal VF-1 (hence, the revised name : hi-metal R) to include :

1) integrated landing gears.

2) integrated heatshield.

3) integrated hands.

Edited by aaajin

If the the VF-1 toys are reissues they do have a little downward angle to them. Here's the line art comparison I did:

*snip*

Cool, glad to know I wasn't seeing things. Not glad to know that there's that awkward downward angle.

I will be very interested to see if these are re-issues with new variants or if there are tweaks in the design. I never was inclined or enticed to pick up any of the last 1/100's.

I told myself the first go around I'm only going to get the Hikaru valks so I can have each head type. But since they're releasing Destroids and Regults... those M&Ms start to look good... if I get that I might as well get the rest of the Vermillion team and Roy 1S right? RIGHT?

This post brought to you by The Justification Association of Macross Collecting. Our motto..."If you say so..."

Ha! TJAMC

I'm definitely in that club.

-b.

A quick check shows a price of 6825 yen for a 1-s with strike parts, so there's an idea of cost. If they can keep the price under $75 then I would definitely get several, especially of the less common variants (Elint/ostrich, etc)

The Armored VF-1J's feet look big... Or bigger in proportion when comparing with the 1st issue of the Hi-Metal VF-1. Maybe that's why the y mention Reboot?

And the Brown VF-1A's nose is drooping. The mechanical arm is probably holding the Fast Pack nice and sturdy but the rest of the HEAVY Valkyrie in fighter mode is letting gravity pull itself down.

Guest davidwhangchoi

A 1/100 monster might take the wind out of the sails of that 1/72 vinyl kit we've been oogling. If that kit is like $500 and this 1/100 is closer to $100 I'm guessing most will be satisfied with 1/100.

yep, took the words out of my mouth. but i'm thinking 150-200

What would be a better Regult toy to use with these, the "1/100" Toynami or the non-scale Revoltech?

Was about to sell my Hi-Metal Roy and Max but maybe i will hold on to them since these are coming out, i have an unassembled Armored Factory and the 1/100 Destroid Conversion kit.

What would be a better Regult toy to use with these, the "1/100" Toynami or the non-scale Revoltech?

Was about to sell my Hi-Metal Roy and Max but maybe i will hold on to them since these are coming out, i have an unassembled Armored Factory and the 1/100 Destroid Conversion kit.

Prolly now is the time to sell since its going to be R-evised, R-etool, R-eboot,R-ebuild and so on...

F*ck yes.

I love the hiMetal.

So the new ones are resculpted are they?

May have to sell my strike roy VF-1.

They were bashed for being expensive for what you got, but you can't deny they were made of quality and their transformation was hassle free.

Now that the 1/60 are overpriced under arcadia label these are starting to look more attractive to the average joe since they are almost like a scaled down 1/60 v2.

But the good thing is they are not just limited to valks this time so you can make display more interesting.

The thing I liked about Himetal is to me it is like banpresto valks but with good quality. It's not the details you buy small toys for: it's the fun of holding these in your hand and playing around with it and posing them is a lot easier since they are less likely to fall and break themselves when the wind blows.

So does this mean that one day there is a possiblilty bandai may revive macros plus Himetal toys too?

Yf-19 at 1/.100 would be cool. But this time make the gunpod attach to fighter mode ok? I hate when they don't figure out ways to do it) They go to all the trouble to give you two sets of wings on vf-1 but don't give us ways to attach gunpods to fighter mode which to me is far higher priority than making wings look clean by not having holes in them when you don't have missiles attached.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

So does this mean that one day there is a possiblilty bandai may revive macros plus Himetal toys too?

Yf-19 at 1/.100 would be cool. (this time make the gunpod attach ok? I hate when they don't figure out ways to do it)

Pretty sure the answer is always going to be... buy this crap first and we'll talk about all the other stuff you want... but it's nice to see the possibility.

The transformation on the VF-1 himetal was better than the 1/60 yamato version 2.

The shoulders were a much more simple way to get them out.

Plus the FAST packs didn't have ugly connection that makes it one piece. That was not how it looked in the show.

Look I love the VF-1 yamato version 2. But there were some things the himetal did better. Was the Yammie overall a better toy? yeah. But this is 1/100 so you can't really compare them because the smaller guy has to compromise on detail. I can see the appeal of bigger toys but smaller toys have advantages in that they are great for people who are space-conscious.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

These look great. This scale would offer a lot of benefits. Zentradi would be standard action figure size. Less shelf space. In scale with my mg gundams. Cheaper.

However, I can't help but remember the Vf-100 poster of awesome products. At least they made something.