3P SD VF-1S

skullmilitia

I've got mine. I've asked friends to considering forfeit their deposit... :wacko:

I can see that the 3P gave many thoughts to the design, but the production is that bad. My VF-1S is a floppy mess.

It looks okay on the shelf, but it collapses upon contact.

thats disappointing but does it hold together at all in fighter mode? when it "falls apart on contact" does that mean it literally can't hold a pose in battroid or what? any details would be helpful. thanks. i also kinda wonder if the "future floor polish technique" will work if its just a few loose joints.

I've got mine. I've asked friends to considering forfeit their deposit... :wacko:

I can see that the 3P gave many thoughts to the design, but the production is that bad. My VF-1S is a floppy mess.

It looks okay on the shelf, but it collapses upon contact.

Pics?

thats disappointing but does it hold together at all in fighter mode? when it "falls apart on contact" does that mean it literally can't hold a pose in battroid or what? any details would be helpful. thanks. i also kinda wonder if the "future floor polish technique" will work if its just a few loose joints.

It holds okay in fighter mode, but it doesn't in battroid mode. The neck, the legs and the arms are all floppy. The elbow joints do not hold, and I had trouble in posing it with a gun-pointing pose because the shoulders are so loose. When I work on it often the backbone (VF-1's have that) would collapse. :(

I am not sure if I have had a particularly bad unit, but that's what I've got.

I hate to give such bad comments, I seldomly do, especially I can see that they are doing it as a fan of the show. But it doesn't turn out well.

P.S. The nail polish way may or may not work. I don't have it on my hands now (at office...), but I remember I couldn't figure out how to unscrew certain parts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I inquired with the vendor I had PO'd this from (Toyercity), they replied that it hasn't actually been mass released yet and that fansmaketoys recalled/stopped most shipments to try and fix a lot of the problems with the first batch that went out. I don't know if that's actually true or not seeing as there seem to be quite a lot on ebay - maybe that's stores just trying to dump their first batch releases, who knows?

When I inquired with the vendor I had PO'd this from (Toyercity), they replied that it hasn't actually been mass released yet and that fansmaketoys recalled/stopped most shipments to try and fix a lot of the problems with the first batch that went out. I don't know if that's actually true or not seeing as there seem to be quite a lot on ebay - maybe that's stores just trying to dump their first batch releases, who knows?

You may have just caused the "1st" release to shoot up in value!!!... :rolleyes:

You may have just caused the "1st" release to shoot up in value!!!... :rolleyes:

I highly doubt that, since it's still widely available. Or maybe you're just making fun of me :p. All I know is that I PO'd (and paid for) this thing seven months ago and the retailer keeps insisting it's not actually out yet. Sadly I can't read chinese or maybe FMT's weibo account would shed some light on things; http://weibo.com/u/5310763972

I highly doubt that, since it's still widely available. Or maybe you're just making fun of me :p. All I know is that I PO'd (and paid for) this thing seven months ago and the retailer keeps insisting it's not actually out yet. Sadly I can't read chinese or maybe FMT's weibo account would shed some light on things; http://weibo.com/u/5310763972

Well, I'd suggest you just file a Paypal Buyer Protection claim, but you may have waited too long, as they give the buyer 180 days to file a claim...may be worth a shot to ask Paypal what your options are.....buy hey, if you lose your money at least no one can claim you are a "douche"! :lol:

But seriously, I wish you luck! :)

Well, I'd suggest you just file a Paypal Buyer Protection claim, but you may have waited too long, as they give the buyer 180 days to file a claim...may be worth a shot to ask Paypal what your options are.....buy hey, if you lose your money at least no one can claim you are a "douche"! :lol:

But seriously, I wish you luck! :)

nOBkbBh.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting that photo. Wow, it looks like the black paint is already flaking off the metal head lasers. While die-cast metal carries tremendous sentimental value with old-school fans, let this be a reminder that it has little use in modern collectable toys (save for stucturual reinforment). Also, the panel lining looks overdone. I wonder if the shop owner did that himself to make them stand out, or if that's how they came from the factory.

Thanks for posting that photo. Wow, it looks like the black paint is already flaking off the metal head lasers. While die-cast metal carries tremendous sentimental value with old-school fans, let this be a reminder that it has little use in modern collectable toys (save for stucturual reinforment). Also, the panel lining looks overdone. I wonder if the shop owner did that himself to make them stand out, or if that's how they came from the factory.

It looks like the shop owner went ahead and did some dry silver brushing on the head lasers and all the black parts along with a "Dalong" style of panel lining. :)

The actually product seem to look something like this instead, from the ebay auctions.

post-2743-0-80773700-1440468342_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@no3ljm,

- not good paint apps..smudges, blurring

- sloppy

- loose joints..except the feet/leg hinge.

- terrible in valk mode because of the humongous head (antennae)

- head keeps disconnecting/falling off.

pros

- good for display/static pose - not for those who love to touch it..

as a vf-1s theme collector, its just ok for me, it is what it is, but if theres a super/strike upgrade parts that will be available..im still buyin it.

Edited by JET7

Just got mine i-robot sd vf-1j few days ago.

yeah i having problem with the head too. head keeps disconnecting/falling off with the smaller head. the bigger head led didn't light up. dunnno it's out of battery or no battery in it plus i dunno how to open up the big head. gunpod have no problem as it did light up.

okay, i has comfirm, this i-robots series is the same with fanmaketoys' one. just that this i-robot didn't provide the stand anymore.

i'm stun when i got it as i thought it will be the same size with bandai sd infinity vf-25 but i am wrong. it's about 6 inches.

didn't provide manual on how to paste the stickers too.

have to use strength to pull out the pilot from it's seat for first time.. LOL

hey jet7, i-robot series is going to make fastpack and armour pack in 2016 for this sd vf-1. infomation says they also going to make other SD macross stuff too in 2016.

• 2 months later...

The listing is on the Robotech facebook page. Some of the comments are interesting.

Ah, there it is. Interesting...I wonder if any changes will be made and what the price will be.

Or if it will even really happen at all.