Am I wrong, or is there no buzz around this movie?

Blame the comic book movies for taking all of the attention.

Plus, does anyone really play WoW like they used to anymore? Serious question, I never played but I always heard about it. I can't tell you the last time I heard anyone talk about playing.

-b.

Blame the comic book movies for taking all of the attention.

Plus, does anyone really play WoW like they used to anymore? Serious question, I never played but I always heard about it. I can't tell you the last time I heard anyone talk about playing.

-b.

Their numbers are way, way down.

^So there you go, looks like a case of Hollywood being too late to the party. Maybe when everyone and their Mom was playing the game you'd have the buzz.

I'll be good to catch this on cable at some point.

-b.

^So there you go, looks like a case of Hollywood being too late to the party. Maybe when everyone and their Mom was playing the game you'd have the buzz.

I'll be good to catch this on cable at some point.

-b.

If I recall correctly, pre-production on the movie started while the playerbase was still fairly large. It's just taken a very long time for them to get to this point.

I never played WoW however I did play the heck out of the RTS, especially WC3. Played so much that it annoyed my first wife B)) I wonder if those that played WoW got as much from the story of Warcraft than those that played the RTS.

It's like a huge ball of dough made with cliche and plastic CGI. Every single shot I was like "why do I care?". I think they missed the human element. But then again this is just a trailer trying to show off the flashy bits.

Even if people don't play WoW anymore, a lot of them are still fans of the series. My entire group of friends and the people we were in guilds with are all pretty excited for this movie and hope it doesn't suck. Has nothing to do with whether we still play or not.

People who played WoW because they were only hardcore MMO players and not fans are far outnumbered by the fans of Warcraft.

It really isn't mutually exclusive.

Even if people don't play WoW anymore, a lot of them are still fans of the series. My entire group of friends and the people we were in guilds with are all pretty excited for this movie and hope it doesn't suck. Has nothing to do with whether we still play or not.

People who played WoW because they were only hardcore MMO players and not fans are far outnumbered by the fans of Warcraft.

It really isn't mutually exclusive.

The big problem with Warcraft is that there hasn't been a truly new game in over a decade.

• 4 weeks later...

"3.1 and 3.0 out of 5 Schmoes"

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 38%
Metacritic Score: 32 out of 100

Warcraft Review: Swords, Sorcery and Stupidity Abound in Game Adaptation - "Imagine 'Battlefield Earth' without the verve and you get this sludgy, tedious fantasy adventure, a fun-starved dud that’s not even unintentionally hilarious."
Film Review: Warcraft - "The epic battle at the center of 'Warcraft' isn’t the clash between humans and orcs. That’s just what takes up roughly two hours of screen time. The true conflict comes from filmmakers trying to tell a story with soul and struggling against the inherent ridiculousness of the commodity they’re working with. It shouldn’t take a mage to foresee that this pricey and preposterous adaptation of an online gaming phenomenon was preordained for artistic mediocrity." Edited by areaseven

I never trust ign for reviews, they seem all over the place with good stuff getting bad reviews and bad stuff getting good reviews. Their fact based info isn't so bad though.

I trust IGN for movie reviews but not for games. Especially after their ALIEN: Isolation debacle.

Edited by TangledThorns

The bleeding continues.

"C+"

"Would've been a better time if I was drunk (Yeah now it's a party!)"

"C"

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 18% - "Warcraft has visual thrills to spare, but they -- and director Duncan Jones' distinctive gifts -- are wasted on a sluggish and derivative adaptation of a bestselling game with little evident cinematic value."

Metacritic Score: 31 out of 100

Edited by areaseven

Here's how I see it...

People who are familiar with the Warcraft universe going into it, the ones who know the who/what the people, places, and things are, they are the ones who are going to love this film.

People new to the property, who have never played the games, and the unfamiliar who are expecting some grand introduction into the Warcraft world are the ones who will hate this film.

As for me? I played the first 3 games, but never gave more than a ratling's arse about World of Warcraft or its community. I have a mild interest in this film, but it isn't a must run out and see for me.

People who are familiar with the Warcraft universe going into it, the ones who know the who/what the people, places, and things are, they are the ones who are going to love this film.

No, we're the ones who will hate it the most because we've actually invested time in the franchise. Of course, neither myself nor any of my friends who actually played the Warcraft games want to see this movie, so they've clearly already lost that battle with atleast part of the fanbase.

Edited by Duke Togo

It's a flat out dud domestically. Unless this movie absolutely blows up overseas, there won't be a sequel.

Oh i do hope there would be sequels, would love to have chance for the night elves and not to mention undead (perhaps?) to show their mojo! B))

go china+rest of the world go! ^_^

Oh i do hope there would be sequels, would love to have chance for the night elves and not to mention undead (perhaps?) to show their mojo! B))

go china+rest of the world go! ^_^

I find it hard to cheer for any outcome that leads to Hollywood producing more shite movies.

I'd like to see a sequel and apparently it was a hit overseas, especially in China. Just needs more focus as the director had to deal with unfortunate circumstances with his family, namely cancer :(

How does that make the script or acting better? That's what the movie is getting killed for: bad writing and acting.