Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Got mine back to Fighter this morning. Wasn't nearly as painful as I expected. The arms were something I was very concerned about but I found they really only fit one way and bending the joints so the forearms fit side by side, wasn't so bad after I moved things around and checked them a few times. What I did discover to be really frustrating though, was one leg fouling on something when attempting to fold it up into/around the arm parts. It just didn't want to move into a position where I could engage the tab into the torso part. I had to pull it apart, click the Gerwalk joint and finesse it a few times before it finally just miraculously snapped into position.

She is a beaut now and those upper intake parts are sitting much better than they did when I got it out of the box. The trick is to apply pressure from each side of the lower intakes/hips and sort of gently wiggle them at the same time. I think they'll loosen up a bit over time and I suspect it's the hip joint and that hinge mechanism to angle the legs that's really at fault here.

One more item: the boosters.

I mentioned it before, in reference to Veef's armor video, and now want to reiterate, after Actar's (thanks to both of you guys, by the way!). There are 3 points of connection between the boosters and wings:

1. One round peg on the top inner surface of the booster, engaging a round hole in the upper wing root
  2. One tab in the bottom inner surface of the booster, engaging a slot in the bottom of the wing root
  3. On round peg in the bottom, rear part of the booster, engaging the inner hardpoint of the wing

Given the fact that the wing can move a bit, it's very possible (likely?) that that hardpoint attachment will not engage properly and having only the other two points holding on via the wing root will likely not be enough. Play around with the wing position until you get that third point engaged and you should find a much more stable booster, as a result.

Hope that helps a bit.

Edited by mickyg

For normal transformation the only issues I had were getting the canards unpegged for Battroid and getting everything aligned just right for fighter mode. Mainly the hips and the proper angle of the arms for the latter. Aside from those issues, I think VF-19 is much more straightforward than, say, the VF-171 or YF-29.

Getting the fastpacks to cooperate with jet mode is certainly a pain in the posterior. And since it was the first thing I did when I got mine, there weren't any handy guides and I just had to fiddle with it to try and match the box picture and instructions (which do not sufficiently explain the leg positioning). But after some struggling, I did get it. Then I saw the open pegs and immediately decided it wasn't worth it. But I still got it. My VF-19 is now displayed in fighter mode without the fastpacks on a wonderful Yeti Stand (the first one I've gotten and am loving it).

I've actually enjoyed the VF-19advance so much that I wish I had gotten a second. Unfortunately I currently don't really have the money to be buying multiples. Perhaps if it gets a nice new deco.

On a completely unrelated [and off topic] note, can anyone here tell me if $188 is a good price on a VF-27 Super Parts Set?

Edited by Omicron Zero

GerWalk mode & TLS mode! 【VF-19 ADVANCE】超時空要塞F~戀離飛翼~

Ground Effective Reinforcement of Winged Armament with Locomotive Knee-Joint[/align]http://gundamatefsf.blogspot.hk/2015/07/gerwalk-mode-tls-mode-vf-19-advancef.html

Stay tuned for Battroid Mode!

Welcome aboard Gundam@EFSF! ;) Good to see you're into Macross figs now. I always follow your Gundam photos. :) Looking forward to your Battroid photos.

One more item: the boosters.

I mentioned it before, in reference to Veef's armor video, and now want to reiterate, after Actar's (thanks to both of you guys, by the way!). There are 3 points of connection between the boosters and wings:

• One round peg on the top inner surface of the booster, engaging a round hole in the upper wing root
  • One tab in the bottom inner surface of the booster, engaging a slot in the bottom of the wing root
  • On round peg in the bottom, rear part of the booster, engaging the inner hardpoint of the wing
Given the fact that the wing can move a bit, it's very possible (likely?) that that hardpoint attachment will not engage properly and having only the other two points holding on via the wing root will likely not be enough. Play around with the wing position until you get that third point engaged and you should find a much more stable booster, as a result.

Hope that helps a bit.

Found about this 'third peg' days ago by accident. Not noticing at first but I was trying to move the wings while the booster is mounted then all of a sudden, my wing hits this peg and won't move anymore so I inspected the booster if ever there's anything stuck inside that makes the wing not to wiggle. But not quite sure if it's a 'peg' per se since my other wing keeps on wiggling. Probably it's not aligned properly inside. But I have to say, it really helps for the wing not to move when the 'hidden third peg' hits one of the hardpoint that rests inside the booster slots. :)

On a completely unrelated [and off topic] note, can anyone here tell me if $188 is a good price on a VF-27 Super Parts Set?

Yup, that's a good price. And it's the 'Renewal' (white box) version, right? ;)

Reeally? I've seen it go for 13000-14000yen on yahoo japan a few times. Thats the price I paid.

Good for you for getting it for that price. But have you checked YJA recently for this set? It's going from Y14800-Y22190. Some has buy out price of Y20000. And that's still without the proxy fee and shipping.

Edited by no3ljm

Good for you for getting it for that price. But have you checked YJA recently for this set? It's going from Y14800-Y22190. Some has buy out price of Y20000. And that's still without the proxy fee and shipping.

Yep. I meant recently. Won mine 2-3 weeks ago. If you hunt around should be able to get this relatively cheap since it didnt seem to sell all that well.

Is it normal for this thing to not fit together very well in fighter mode? Mine's a gappy mess out of the box.

In normal fighter mode it should be quite snug. Its when you add the Advance Pack/Fast Pack that it becomes more gappy (Can probably be fixed But everything has to be JUST right).

Nah, we need something in Gamlin colors. I'd pay big bucks for anything related to him.

Lol, only now did I realize that I mixed up Gamlin with Guld... Well, I still mix up Tuesday with Thursday and June for July, so yeah.

Gimmie more Valks in that sweet Blue and Yellow.

This DX 1.0 release is riddled with QA issues. I have another with a loose vertical tail fin elevator flap due to the stubs that hold them in place were stripped off.

Mine had a similar problem. A dab of super glue fixed it right up. Wont come off unless I force it.

Edited by Roanstalker

Oh wow the fast pack "implementation" on this thing is NASTY. The box art shows the wing neatly tabbed into the legs with the fast pack fitted but it doesn't seem to be possible on the real toy??

No. It's photoshopped.

Re: Canard angle. Is it something that just a little bit of filing/carving "right above their pivot point" would allow them to angle upwards more, without affecting their looks/stability? Or is it complicated and any alteration to the plastic/hole would likely cause issues?

Re: Canard angle. Is it something that just a little bit of filing/carving "right above their pivot point" would allow them to angle upwards more, without affecting their looks/stability? Or is it complicated and any alteration to the plastic/hole would likely cause issues?

I dont think its possible. And the canard is not one peice. The forward most part is a seperate piece that doesnt rotate upwards so if you even can angle the canard more, a bit of the canard would be missing.

Edited by Roanstalker

I dont think its possible. And the canard is not one peice. The forward most part is a seperate piece that doesnt rotate upwards so if you even can angle the canard more, a bit of the canard would be missing.

Oh, right, that's a good point.

Is it normal for this thing to not fit together very well in fighter mode? Mine's a gappy mess out of the box.

Yeah it's a bit gappy out of the box. You've got to transform it at least enough to fiddle with the hip placement in order to get everything more snug. The forearms are also sort of free floating in fighter mode, but if you angle them right (more "downward" than how it's packaged) then the shield, neck cover, and connecting bars will fit perfectly.

You should only have two major gapping areas:

-Between the shield and the legs, which is smaller but still noticeable when you have the hips and shoulders just right.

-Behind the panels that sit above the intakes/hips. This should actually be a small gap, but the black parts underneath make it much more prominent.

Also thank you for the feedback on the 27 price! And yes, it's the "renewal" with the super parts and white box. ^_^

About $200 USD with shipping and fees. My finance is currently checking if she can find a lower price. I've been trying to decide between getting a VF-27 SPS, the recent VF-171EX deco (with Sheryl on the backplate), or the Wings of Valkyrie version of the Monster. Currently leaning towards the 27 since I already have a 171, though it's the CF version, and I love the SR-71 style wings.

About $200 USD with shipping and fees. My finance is currently checking if she can find a lower price. I've been trying to decide between getting a VF-27 SPS, the recent VF-171EX deco (with Sheryl on the backplate), or the Wings of Valkyrie version of the Monster. Currently leaning towards the 27 since I already have a 171, though it's the CF version, and I love the SR-71 style wings.

PM'ed you some note. ;)

If you did remove a little material above the canard hinge, it should let the canards angle up, but they would be out of line slightly with the little triangle of leading edge mounted to the fuselage.

I might do it anyway, the misaligned edge would probably bother me less than the droopy canards.

I finally got the courage to transform it. It was painful, and is staying in fighter. Too many delicate pieces. I did manage to find out my left inner thigh plate is too tight to where when I pull out the feet, the inner panel doesnt pop out to be flush 8(

Transforming it once does strangely make the gaps more tolerable though. Its just too loose out of the box.