Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

its a better price than NY but I have given up buying anything from AmiAmi.. they have the personality of an automated telephone system menu and their customer service is a useful as a flyscreen on a submarine..

Edited by spanner76

So i got mine today. I bought it from anime export, my first buy from them. I ordered it on Thursday, got shipped on friday and i received it on wednesday. Very fast service i have to say, considering i live in Italy. Overall the service from anime export was really excellent, fast, clear and above all, for the first time in years i did not have to pay any import duties. I don't know why but that made me happy this morning. In the end i ended up paying everything around 200 €, slightly more expensive than what would have been if i could pre-order it but still not bad at all.

I promised myself this would have been a gift for my birthday, so although i opened the package i want to wait until July 2nd to open the box. Will i resist? God, it's gonna be a challenge!

Anyhow i wanted to post this also for letting all the other users know about my experience with animeexport. It was really good, so if i were in you i would check that website regularly, i have the feeling it is gonna pop up pretty often in the future, hopefully at a reasonable price.

So i got mine today. I bought it from anime export, my first buy from them. I ordered it on Thursday, got shipped on friday and i received it on wednesday. Very fast service i have to say, considering i live in Italy. Overall the service from anime export was really excellent, fast, clear and above all, for the first time in years i did not have to pay any import duties. I don't know why but that made me happy this morning. In the end i ended up paying everything around 200 €, slightly more expensive than what would have been if i could pre-order it but still not bad at all.

I promised myself this would have been a gift for my birthday, so although i opened the package i want to wait until July 2nd to open the box. Will i resist? God, it's gonna be a challenge!

Anyhow i wanted to post this also for letting all the other users know about my experience with animeexport. It was really good, so if i were in you i would check that website regularly, i have the feeling it is gonna pop up pretty often in the future, hopefully at a reasonable price.

I wish I could say the same for HLJ's service. Requested shipping over the weekend and only got a shipping notice a few hours ago.

They've been in business for nearly 20 years and they still have not mastered the art of putting stuff in a box and slapping on a shipping label in under 96 hours. It takes less time for the damn package to actually make the trip halfway around the world.

Man Oh Man... This one transforms more difficult than the Arcadia's.

When I was playing with mine last night I kept thinking somebody at Bandai looked at the Arcadia version and said, "you know what would make this harder..." and they all agreed with him.

I wish I could say the same for HLJ's service. Requested shipping over the weekend and only got a shipping notice a few hours ago.

They've been in business for nearly 20 years and they still have not mastered the art of putting stuff in a box and slapping on a shipping label in under 96 hours. It takes less time for the damn package to actually make the trip halfway around the world.

They don't work over the weekend

Edited by Mommar

I am sorry to hear that. I know HLJ is weird. Sometimes i got like nextday shipping other i had to wait for a week or so. It is frustrating. But still i have been buying at HLJ since 2000 and i can tell more good things than bad.

I am sorry to hear that. I know HLJ is weird. Sometimes i got like nextday shipping other i had to wait for a week or so. It is frustrating. But still i have been buying at HLJ since 2000 and i can tell more good things than bad.

HLJ is legit. I've rarely ever had an issue with them. my first order was in 1999 when I bought a club-M Elintseeker O_o

Ah.. the good old days.... remember the OLD MW website and the real-time chatroom? OMG.....

Damn i feel old

Edited by Duymon

Happy to hear from everyone who are enjoying this bird! It's great to see fans having a great time with a new release!

Personally, I am happy I passed on this one. For me Bandais just don't feel worth the money, even though they are asking for less and give you more tampo they seem to turn into floppy messes. Again IMO, they also don't feel substantial I guess would be the word.

I would like to see more yf-19/vf-19 side by side shots to see the difference in size, especially in battroid! Can't wait to see all your amazing photography skills in action!

Advance kawaiikochan arrived :) Pegs, Pegs & Pegs XD

The motion linked cover parts on foot is the real good original design, this also helps the arms to have a better double joints, overall design is more advance than the Arcadia YF19. Other than these, basically follow the same transform mechanism to the Yamato/ Arcadia versions. Just dislike the Gelwalk mode affected by the relocated thigh joint.

Anyway, all that Isamu's birds are beautiful :)

EbUSfXm.jpg

Edited by CRYO

If $200 Euro is including EMS shipping, that is still a great deal. Pretty sure a lot of us here pay at least $210 USD even with the cheapest price at HLJ w EMS shipping

its a better price than NY but I have given up buying anything from AmiAmi.. they have the personality of an automated telephone system menu and their customer service is a useful as a flyscreen on a submarine..

From what I've read and heard about AmiAmi probably true. But so far, with all my purchases from them, I'm satisfied. Guess, I'm one of the few who just got lucky for getting good batches. ;) But I'm pretty sure if something went wrong with one of my orders with them, and get a 'You're outside Japan' excuse, I'm going to stay away from them like they have a disease. Hahaha! :lol: But... come preorder madness, for sure I'm still going to lurk on their site.

Okay, got my third one.

Congrats! Hope your third one doesn't have those 'gaps'. ;) j/k Everyone has it. Hehehe.

Well, advance Happy Birthday, Ryoma. ;) I'm not ruining your plan or anything. But open the box now so that if there's some problems with it, you can contact Anime-Export ASAP for their alloted grace period if ever there's some broken pieces, missing items, etc. And return or get refunded. Anyways, your choice, your decision.

Be patience, dear sir. ;) It's probably they're just double checking everything because of that 'secure link' fiasco. They probably checking the date of order placed, people who ordered multiples, people who have double accounts. Think of it that it's just one of those things and all is right in the world.

When I was playing with mine last night I kept thinking somebody at Bandai looked at the Arcadia version and said, "you know what would make this harder..." and they all agreed with him.

+1. Hahaha! But overall I really still prefer Arcadia over this one. I'm just glad that it's cheaper than Arcadia's. :lol:

HLJ is legit. I've rarely ever had an issue with them. my first order was in 1999 when I bought a club-M Elintseeker O_o

Ah.. the good old days.... remember the OLD MW website and the real-time chatroom? OMG.....

Damn i feel old

You're not alone in that category, Duymon. Watched DYRL before I turned 11. Hahaha! :lol:

play-asia shipped my order. They came thru!

Now THAT is news

Indeed it is. Congrats Double Spy. ;)

Happy to hear from everyone who are enjoying this bird! It's great to see fans having a great time with a new release!

Personally, I am happy I passed on this one. For me Bandais just don't feel worth the money, even though they are asking for less and give you more tampo they seem to turn into floppy messes. Again IMO, they also don't feel substantial I guess would be the word.

I would like to see more yf-19/vf-19 side by side shots to see the difference in size, especially in battroid! Can't wait to see all your amazing photography skills in action!

Sad to say auberondreaming. It's so-so for me. Hehehe. :lol: It's not as same as what I felt over YF-30 Chronos.

NY finally shipped mine. I'm really worried about seeing those gaps on my 19. It sucks we can't have perfection considering we pay so damn much for these things. well, here's hoping.

Oh, it's going to be THERE, Muzaffar. Lots of gaps will be there. Hehehe. Don't worry I'm not scaring you or anything. I'm just telling the truth. :rolleyes: Also, imagine the amount we paid for Arcadia's YF-19 and VF-0D and its multiple copies, those didn't come with too much tampos. And still have imperfection. But yeah, I also share your sentiments on how much we spend with these hobby and still gets imperfections. :unsure:

Advance kawaiikochan arrived :) Pegs, Pegs & Pegs XD

The motion linked cover parts on foot is the real good orginal design, this also helps the arms to have a better double joints, overall design is more advance than the Arcadia YF19. Other than these, basically follow the same transform mechanism to the Yamato/ Arcadia versions. Just dislike the Gelwalk mode affected by the relocated thigh joint.

Anyway, all that Isamu's birds are beautiful :)

*snip*

Yup, me too. I really don't undestand why they didn't just do what they've been doing from their previous releases. Knee swivel joints. For me the leg gaps is just so wide on this one. Guess, Kawaiikochan is not a 'v1rg1n' anymore. Way to go, Isamu! :lol:

Got mine this morning. I am liking him so far. The wing boosters are a little fiddly to get on right. Make sure your wings are lined up so the boosters can tab onto the inner most hardpoint as well as the other tabs. The "highspeed" arm appears to be metal. I do feel some soft clicks when moving the wings into place. Very slight. Gonna go for battroid later today, but for now it's back to work!

U8qxF19.jpg

GxRdF6l.jpg

ZfMiohk.jpg

MhWhdcC.jpg

vy2yJsI.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Got mine this morning. I am liking him so far. The wing boosters are a little fiddly to get on right. Make sure your wings are lined up so the boosters can tab onto the inner most hardpoint as well as the other tabs. The "highspeed" arm appears to be metal. I do feel some soft clicks when moving the wings into place. Very slight. Gonna go for battroid later today, but for now it's back to work!

ll2Ifp5.jpg

Congrats Yeti! ;)

Isamu: I look cooler with all those markings and tampos than your VF-0D, Shin. B))

Shin: Yeah, but can your VF-19 Advance pose your legs like this? I pose way cooler than your tampos, Kawaiikochan. :lol:

U8qxF19m.jpg

GxRdF6lm.jpg

ZfMiohkm.jpg

MhWhdcCm.jpg

vy2yJsIm.jpg

Interesting and surprising GERWALK comparo.

The 0D just wipes the floor with the 19A.

Too bad Arcadia's even way overpriced than bandai's.

I don't think you're missing much. Unless you're a fan of the Frontier look the Bandai one looks/feels more like a toy than the Arcadia version.

Work can wait a little longer! Transformation was a lot easier than I thought it would be. There are more fiddly bits, but if you have transformed a 19 before I am pretty sure you could comfortably work your way through this.

adD2LSe.jpg

381ygKc.jpg

R1hTs90.jpg

And I have been waiting to do this ever since I saw the first pics using the booster stands. You can get the wings to hold the weight at certain angles, but the extra support does help.

I4rccnc.jpg

Anyone try the Bandai wing armor on the Arcadia?

To me the Bandai (in battroid mode) looks like what a 1/60 Yamato V 1.5 could have looked before they released 1/60 Arcadia (Yamato) V 2.0.....

I have to say that Bandai nailed the colors...plus they win many points with their tampo....also really like the color they chose for the armor........until I get one...I would say it is a very close tie between the 2 based on all the great shots posted so far....

Edited by jvmacross

Work can wait a little longer! Transformation was a lot easier than I thought it would be. There are more fiddly bits, but if you have transformed a 19 before I am pretty sure you could comfortably work your way through this.

And I have been waiting to do this ever since I saw the first pics using the booster stands. You can get the wings to hold the weight at certain angles, but the extra support does help.

*snip*

Good for you, Yeti. Had a hard time transforming this than Arcadia's. Hahaha! :lol:

Great pic as well on the YetiStand. ;)

By the way, just want to let you guys know that there's no option to store the Gunpod to the shield like Arcadia.

After a day or so of playing around with the new bird, the only real complaint I have at this point, is the gun feels a little squat to me. Would be cool if someone could make another one on shapeways or something. ;)