Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Well the first of three (now 4! :D ) finally arrived today! I have to say im very impressed! More impressed than I thought I was going to be! The surface details are really nice! The panel lining is perfectly balanced both subtle yet defined. The tampo ghoa!!! The tampo is just fantastic! Really puts Yamato & Arcadia's efforts to shame! The pilot figure is really well crafted too and probably the best of any scale Macross Valkyrie produced to date! The Arcadia VF-0D pilots were good but this new Bandai pilot is better! I'll have to admit as much is my dislike for the standard issue Bandai stands that it does sit really well on this stand compared to other Bandai Valks. ^_^ So I might just leave it on there for the time being rather than have it sitting on its landing gear which are somewhat of a let down compared the Arcadia's gear..

Size does feel a little smaller and considerably less bulky than the Arcadia 19 and it doesn't seem to lock together as well either. Some spots being a lot more noticeable than others as shown in the photos. But its holds it shape together well in fighter which is the key thing as I most likely wont be shifting modes with this one. I'll wait till I get my hands on anther copy which I swiftly went ahead and ordered another from Nippon-Yasan just minutes after opening the box of this one! Yes I know its a more expensive now than it was initially but I just don't care as I must have another to display in Battroid! :p:lol:

I do feel that the overall shape of the Arcadia 19 is a little more pleasing mostly due to the fact that its bulkiness feels a closer match to the anime & line art but this is a VF and not a YF so who knows things could have been revised for the final production version of which Isamu has no doubt bastardized to suit is personal preferences and needs! Overall im very satisfied with Bandai's efforts with this Valkyrie and I can only recommend those who have not yet decided on a purchase to drop everything and go buy one and don't be too fussed about paying a little extra than it was to start with. Trust me you'll love it! B))

Here are some photos!

20150623_185841.jpg

20150623_185914.jpg

20150623_185926.jpg

20150623_185948.jpg

20150623_190002.jpg

20150623_190055.jpg

20150623_190126.jpg

20150623_190143.jpg

20150623_190150.jpg

20150623_190159.jpg

20150623_190231.jpg

20150623_190250.jpg

20150623_190312.jpg

20150623_190323.jpg

20150623_190648.jpg

Edited by spanner76

still, thats over 30k yen shipped, what shipping did you choose to HK, considering EMS charges the same for HK/Singapore?

edit: awesome photos spanner! shame about the gappiness in spots, but the tampo is gorgeous.

Edited by barurutor

still, thats over 30k yen shipped, what shipping did you choose to HK, considering EMS charges the same for HK/Singapore?

edit: awesome photos spanner! shame about the gappiness in spots, but the tampo is gorgeous.

EMS. That's what it worked out to when I paid back in January. Just checked and it was 27,800 yen but exchange rate wasn't great.

Spanner is gushing so much I'm surprised he isn't dehydrated :p nice pics man

Edited by Shukenzero

Got mine today. It worth the asking price. It's beautifully done.

Only if Bandai can do this one...

vf-19a.jpg

Ahh yes that repaint would be very awesome!!

Spanner is gushing so much I'm surprised he isn't dehydrated :p nice pics man

Hehe! yeah had to go have a Gatorade to recover some of my fluids! :lol:

I have found an issue which is bugging me a bit.. The left side main booster of the super parts just refuses to fit on correctly.. :angry: Im not going to continue forcing it so I'll wait till the 4th one arrives and see it fits on that one properly instead, if so then make that it my fighter mode display. Kinda pissed about that actually as every thing else is pretty good. I was able to fiddle with the Valk a bit and managed to get some of the gappy joints to fit together a little better. I guess it won't matter now if its going to be displayed in Battroid..

I am the one guy who like YF-19 more than Macross world/story, so not post a lot in this forum. Because I don't like the original booster installation form in battroid, I try Acrcadia ver. booster installation form. It looks like Bandai ver.could do it well.

Oh good, I was hoping you could do that like on the Arcadia version. With wings splayed out so wide in Battroid looked positively stupid to me.

god that is a lot of tampo. looking forward to gettting mine when hlj gets off its butt and ships my private warehouse stuff. lol. i'm now wondering if i want to hunt down a second one.....its a REALLY bad month though for toy expenditures (this, the sheryl special vf-117, gbps vf-1j, mp-10 reissue, sever, tesla, some SW stuff, some used stuff i just bought too...most spendy month ever for toys...anybody need a kidney? maybe a vf-0s or 0a? lol). lol

Edited by Mechapilot77

Well I decided to use HLJ for the first time and here's the response I got back from them-

Hello-

This is Mark Kutsugi at HobbyLink Japan. Thank you for your recent order for Bandai's BAN992012 DX Chogokin VF-19 Advance.

The stock status of that item was actually Order Stop when you placed your order. Unfortunately, a bug in our system allowed an order button to appear when that item's page was accessed through a "secure.hlj.com" URL. That bug has been corrected now.

Orders are filled in chronological order. The last of our stock of this fantastically popular item has been allocated now, and we regret to inform you that it unfortunately will not be possible to fill your order. You were not charged for it, and it has been cancelled.

We are very sorry about this situation. We appreciate your understanding, and hope to serve you in the future.

Best Regards,

Mark Kutsugi

HobbyLink Japan

http://www.hlj.com

Has this ever happen to anyone else???

That's harsh zulu, sorry to hear that. I've never had such an experience with HLJ, in fact, they have been the most reliable of the Japanese hobby stores in my experience.

They shipped mine today.

Edited by Moosey

Just got the first one I ordered (via HLJ, during the original pre-order window, others are coming from N-Y) and I absolutely love it. I'm happy that Bandai released an iteration of the 19 as I thought we'd only have the Isamu 29 as an homage.

I'll stay away from the Arcadia vs. Bandai discussion but only say I like them both for what they are.

@David - don't even know why you were kidding yourself, you knew you were going to buy one.

@Spanner - awesome pics!

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Just got the first one I ordered (via HLJ, during the original pre-order window, others are coming from N-Y) and I absolutely love it. I'm happy that Bandai released an iteration of the 19 as I thought we'd only have the Isamu 29 as an homage.

I'll stay away from the Arcadia vs. Bandai discussion but only say I like them both for what they are.

@David - don't even know why you were kidding yourself, you knew you were going to buy one.

@Spanner - awesome pics!

-b.

B, good to see you on the forums time to time!

I got 4x coming:) I originally had 6 then cut down to 3 then hlj re-opened and got it back up to 4x. I hope i like it, or that'll be bad

I got 4x coming:) I originally had 6 then cut down to 3 then hlj re-opened and got it back up to 4x. I hope i like it, or that'll be bad

Talk about a roller coaster of purchases! I've only had a couple of hours with mine, and as per usual I'm gun-shy to try and transform it but I don't think you'll be disappointed, at least not right out of the box.

I may attempt to transform it after I get off of work this evening.

I have (3) total paid for, I may pick up a 4th if I can find a gently used one for a good price.

And yep, I'm always here, usually daily and usually just lurking. Macross Ninja :ph34r:

-b.

I am the one guy who like YF-19 more than Macross world/story, so not post a lot in this forum. Because I don't like the original booster installation form in battroid, I try Acrcadia ver. booster installation form. It looks like Bandai ver.could do it well.

Thanks for sharing those pic, shinjuzh. Atleast it's confirmed that the Boosters can be attached in Fast mode. I think I'm the only one who kinda likes the Fast mode of YF-19. Hehehe. :lol:

Well the first of three (now 4! :D ) finally arrived today! I have to say im very impressed! More impressed than I thought I was going to be! The surface details are really nice! The panel lining is perfectly balanced both subtle yet defined. The tampo ghoa!!! The tampo is just fantastic! Really puts Yamato & Arcadia's efforts to shame! The pilot figure is really well crafted too and probably the best of any scale Macross Valkyrie produced to date! The Arcadia VF-0D pilots were good but this new Bandai pilot is better! I'll have to admit as much is my dislike for the standard issue Bandai stands that it does sit really well on this stand compared to other Bandai Valks. ^_^ So I might just leave it on there for the time being rather than have it sitting on its landing gear which are somewhat of a let down compared the Arcadia's gear..

Size does feel a little smaller and considerably less bulky than the Arcadia 19 and it doesn't seem to lock together as well either. Some spots being a lot more noticeable than others as shown in the photos. But its holds it shape together well in fighter which is the key thing as I most likely wont be shifting modes with this one. I'll wait till I get my hands on anther copy which I swiftly went ahead and ordered another from Nippon-Yasan just minutes after opening the box of this one! Yes I know its a more expensive now than it was initially but I just don't care as I must have another to display in Battroid! :p:lol:

I do feel that the overall shape of the Arcadia 19 is a little more pleasing mostly due to the fact that its bulkiness feels a closer match to the anime & line art but this is a VF and not a YF so who knows things could have been revised for the final production version of which Isamu has no doubt bastardized to suit is personal preferences and needs! Overall im very satisfied with Bandai's efforts with this Valkyrie and I can only recommend those who have not yet decided on a purchase to drop everything and go buy one and don't be too fussed about paying a little extra than it was to start with. Trust me you'll love it! B))

Here are some photos!

*snip*

Thanks for your insight, photos and review on this one, spanner. ;) Love what I'm seeing and I can't wait to get mine today or tomorrow. By the way, tampo overload on this one. No 'NEWEDWARS T.F.C.' marking? Hehehe. :lol:

does the vf-19 advanced carry a fold booster?

I don't think it did when it showed up in MacF. I think it has its own Folding system, er, crystal something-something like the Messiahs. ^_^

Planning on displaying all modes, David? ;)

Talk about a roller coaster of purchases! I've only had a couple of hours with mine, and as per usual I'm gun-shy to try and transform it but I don't think you'll be disappointed, at least not right out of the box.

I may attempt to transform it after I get off of work this evening.

I have (3) total paid for, I may pick up a 4th if I can find a gently used one for a good price.

And yep, I'm always here, usually daily and usually just lurking. Macross Ninja :ph34r:

-b.

Bad Macross Ninja. Just lurking. Hehehe. :lol:

Somebody at YJA decided to sell his Arcadia YF-19 upon getting Bandai's VF-19. :rolleyes:

post-5552-0-90457600-1435081078_thumb.jpg

I'll gladly swallow my criticisms on Bandai if they release gazzilions of repaints. Glad to hear the quality is top notch. Will prolly get one of em repaints, maybe not this time around, because Yamato & Arcadia had dulled my desire for the standard tan scheme.

Good luck fitting all the Arcadia's spare parts in the Bandai box though. :p Interesting that they're close enough in size to fit in each other's packaging though. I do wish Yamato/Arcadia would have folded up the wings and tails to save room in their boxes, but you also can't stack styrofoam trays inside each other.

Waiting eagerly to get my hands on one of these and fiddle with it, though I might not skip the instructions on this one.

Quick question about the canards, can you angle them up or down like the VF-4? The pictures all seem like they're laying a little flat.

Edited by Chronocidal

I don't see what's wrong with that. He decided to keep what he thought was the best iteration of the YF/VF-19 in his opinion.

Yeah. I don't see any wrong with that too. I just found funny that he used the Bandai VF-19 Advance's styro tray to put the Arcadia's YF-19. Hence, the photo posted.

Good luck fitting all the Arcadia's spare parts in the Bandai box though. :p Interesting that they're close enough in size to fit in each other's packaging though. I do wish Yamato/Arcadia would have folded up the wings and tails to save room in their boxes, but you also can't stack styrofoam trays inside each other.

Waiting eagerly to get my hands on one of these and fiddle with it, though I might not skip the instructions on this one.

Quick question about the canards, can you angle them up or down like the VF-4? The pictures all seem like they're laying a little flat.

Same sentiments exactly on the DX VF-19 Box for the Arcadia YF-19. ;)

Yes, the canards angle up and down. Which is great because I prefer the canards to be just slightly angled up and not all the way up.

Yeah. I don't see any wrong with that too. I just found funny that he used the Bandai VF-19 Advance's styro tray to put the Arcadia's YF-19. Hence, the photo posted.

Ah I see. I thought you were ridiculing his actions because of the rolling eyes emoticon. No worries then.

He probably doesn't keep boxes to save on space, hence he "repackaged" the Arcadia one in the Bandai box. Would be kinda hilarious though if someone buys a used Bandai VF-19A only to find an Arcadia YF-19 inside the box.

So I'm playing around with mine....

This is all I gotta say.

Transformation is NOT for the squeamish. small parts popping off. Back Leg guards that keep popping off the minute you breath on them.

The feeling you'll NEVER...ever get the fighter back to stock... YF-21 style...

There are a lot of parts that just don't feel locked down like the previous releases. It feels like I'm handling the model kit and not a toy.

Good luck getting it with super parts on in fighter mode O_O

Edited by Duymon