Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

..after threat of legal action Play-Asia officially cancelled my order (after I did it from their website three times) and credited back my credit card.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, and I'll keep repeating it until it sinks in for everyone: Play-Asia should be avoided like the plague; the kind of stunt they pull with these pre-orders is beyond underhanded... it's borderline dishonest, definitely unsavory, and truly bad business practice.

Damn...been away from this thread for a week and it blew up! CDJ shipped mine last week so I should be seeing delivery soon. Now I gotta request shipment on my second from HLJ :D

Edited by xrentonx

My HLJ order (from the secure link) is still in my account listed as "Processing," but no payment notice or anything yet. The preview image from the item went away like they had taken it down as well. Not sure if I should be optimistic or pessimistic at this point, so I'll continue waiting.

For reference, mine was ordered solo (no private warehouse or other items, ship immediately) on Saturday afternoon right before I posted last. I think I might have been one of the later orderers, but this would be my one and only VF-19Adv from them (or anyone else, for that matter).

My HLJ order (from the secure link) is still in my account listed as "Processing," but no payment notice or anything yet. The preview image from the item went away like they had taken it down as well. Not sure if I should be optimistic or pessimistic at this point, so I'll continue waiting.

For reference, mine was ordered solo (no private warehouse or other items, ship immediately) on Saturday afternoon right before I posted last. I think I might have been one of the later orderers, but this would be my one and only VF-19Adv from them (or anyone else, for that matter).

Yeah, all HLJ links were all taken down. And I guess, this time they're filtering out all orders who ordered multiples. Let's hope that your single order went thru. :)

Curious, was the hlj secure link the default link if you searched for the item on hlj or was it something dackdoor special? Just askiing because I had this happen once before because it was listed under a different model number. I think hlj coded the link wrong at the time of my previous experience so search in for the actual item came up with nothing.

Too rich for my blood at $223.16. Especially since I already have the Arcadia YF-19 and Isamu YF-29. I'll just wait for a price drop. Here's a link if interested.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/product.php?id_product=10446

I'm still considering getting a 4th (2nd one for myself) but will see what i think of it when i get home from work tonight.. Its good to know NY still offering them. I dont mind paying the higher post release price if i feel the Valk is worth it.

Edited by spanner76

Curious, was the hlj secure link the default link if you searched for the item on hlj or was it something dackdoor special? Just askiing because I had this happen once before because it was listed under a different model number. I think hlj coded the link wrong at the time of my previous experience so search in for the actual item came up with nothing.

Actually, they have the same code number on both links. BAN992012. It's just that the secure link has 's' on http. So one http:// and one https://. But the rest of the URL address and item number are the same.

I'm still considering getting a 4th (2nd one for myself) but will see what i think of it when i get home from work tonight.. Its good to know NY still offering them. I dont mind paying the higher post release price if i feel the Valk is worth it.

Me too, spanner. I'm just waiting for mine to answer all my questions. Last tracking I have from my HLJ order it went out of SF custom. Hope it will arrive at my workplace tomorrow. My NY order has Eco Registered so probably I will get it this Friday or Monday. :)

I don't have the aracadia one, but I am pleasently surprised that they had the missle in the leg too, too bad i dun think u can open it with the ser packs on, have yet to play with the super packs

You can open the leg missile bay door even the Super Packs is attached. I've seen on some photos from the link that was posted here. And the peg of the Super Packs is attached to the missle bay door itself. Not like with the Arcadia's.

post-5552-0-79364900-1435030089_thumb.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

What a beauty, had a few heart attacks while transforming her

Anything stand out as things to watch out for when transforming?

I'm wondering why there are hard points on the wings if no missles are included. Attach from other releases? I only have the VF-25A MP.

So Bandai can eventually sell optional missile packs. :p

Edited by Saburo

I'm wondering why there are hard points on the wings if no missles are included. Attach from other releases? I only have the VF-25A MP.

It's everyone's question as well when Bandai released the YF-30 Chronos. ;)

Anything stand out as things to watch out for when transforming?

So Bandai can eventually sell optional missile packs. :p

Thank goodness I have Naked Wing Syndrome, can't stand any loads spoiling that sweet sweet streamline wing.

As for the cockpit, i think it is because this is a Vf-19A and not a Yf-19, thus having a standard cockpit, anyway, my cockpit comes off very easily when opening it, as in it will slide off completely, anyone has that problem.

Lastly, one of my wings took a lot of force to get it out, so be careful of that, the peg in the leg seems extra tight on mine.

I love the satin finish it has, same with the Yf-30

Edited by Guyffon

So whats the verdict guys? is this or arcadia 19 better?

Well the Arcadia is also more $$$ too , around $85 more . So for price point and what you get ......Bandai is the better buy for me.

But a better buy right now doesn't automatically mean winner since I love the Arcadia 19 too . Can't decide? Get both , problem solved. ^_^.

HLJ cancelled my second yf-19 but didnt suspend my account. Thing is i think i screwed myself. I didnt know about the limit (why does the website allow you to order more than the limit?). They sent me the invoice for two, should've paid it then. Unfortunately lost my visa card and am waiting for a replacement so i asked for an extension to to pay to when my new card shows up. Then i get a payment request minus one yf-19. Should've stayed under the radar and not have give them a reason to look at my order. Though its kinda of a severe responds to suspend account for anorder liit that they're system should prevent you from doing.

I am the one guy who like YF-19 more than Macross world/story, so not post a lot in this forum. Because I don't like the original booster installation form in battroid, I try Acrcadia ver. booster installation form. It looks like Bandai ver.could do it well.

post-5527-0-50111400-1435045560_thumb.jpg

post-5527-0-09638500-1435045621_thumb.jpg

post-5527-0-47427500-1435046022_thumb.jpg

Edited by shinjizh

I got a reply from HLJ regarding the secure link. Seems like it was indeed a bug. Here's what they wrote to me:

"Stock was not allocated to orders placed using the "secure.hlj.com" link you mentioned, because there was no stock to allocate. Only a few of the orders placed using the "secure.hlj.com" link were filled, and then only when customers cancelled orders placed earlier."