Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Because the filter sees how irrelevant all the posts are and does you a solid. j/k

One of the best posts I've ever read. You made my day. :lol:

OT: Once the VF-19 Advance is released and it's a hit with fans, hopefully Bandai will talk HFH into making a VF-21 Advance, piloted by Guld's and Myuung's daughter from their one night stand in Plus. In the next installment, she'll be a singer who becomes a kickass pilot to save the day.

Did Guld and Myuung actually have sex? I remember Guld giving Isamu that smug look when he was confronted by Isamu about it, but I can't recall it being confirmed that something did happen that day in the hotel.

Anyway, I also want the VF-19 Advance to meet/exceed my expectations. I like its sleeker look much better than Arcadia's version. I actually made a comment before about remembering the YF-19 Battroid in Plus not being as chubby/stocky as how Arcadia did it, and wished it had slimmer proportions. Based on the pics so far, Bandai nailed the proportions I wanted.

Did Guld and Myuung actually have sex?

Can't believe this is my first post to this forum, but yes, they most obviously had sex (although we can't be but 99.9% sure, since they didn't actually show it). :D

Edited by Zonnet

Can't believe this is my first post to this forum, but yes, they most obviously had sex (although we can't be but 99.9% sure, since they didn't actually show it). :D

And you decided to post finally after awhile, hence your first post, to prove that they had sex off-screen. Hehehe. :lol: Way to go! ;)

Hey, some things are just that important.

But, yeah, they did. It's all but certain. It's the WHY that gets me. Did Myung need some kind of closure by being intimate with Guld? Is that even possible for a victim of sexual assault? Just dunno.

Hey, some things are just that important.

But, yeah, they did. It's all but certain. It's the WHY that gets me. Did Myung need some kind of closure by being intimate with Guld? Is that even possible for a victim of sexual assault? Just dunno.

Found this thread regarding Isamu/Myung/Guld:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=3788

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=15778

My take on Myuung is that she's a tragic figure, emotionally and psychologically damaged after Guld's assault. She withdraws from her friends, her ambitions, and from New Eden, eventually hiding behind the AI, Sharon Apple, providing its voice and emotions, rather than being the star she could have been. Myuung's delicate mental state and emotional ambiguity translates over to Sharon, and the AI goes insane. As for why she hooks up with Guld: Low self-esteem, lingering feelings for her old friend (despite the assault years earlier), submissiveness, and using intimacy as a balm and an escape from emotional and mental turmoil. She realizes Guld has a faulty memory of the event, and still has feelings for her. Isamu is with somebody at their first meeting, Guld pursues her, and she gives in. The fact that both of her friends are living their dreams, while she's living in the shadow of hers, would likely contribute to her deflated sense of self-worth, as well. Lonliness and low self-esteem can make any opportunity for intimacy and caring very inviting, and Guld's there for her. The rest is just pheremones and brain chemistry. :p

The mature and dark themes of Plus really set it apart from the original series. Both have their share of tragedy and sadness ( RIP Roy), but Plus' story is more about the dark nature of humanity: greed, lust,envy, disappointment, selfishness, self-loathing, anger, blame, insanity, just to name a few. Twenty years later, and it's themes are still poignant, relevant, and relatable.

I hope those little stands are merely precautionary to keep the wings in place with the packs on. Kinda curious about what looks like a moveable panel on the inner leg...wonder if it recesses in to make room for the arms, or swings out to reveal a cutaway. Either way it's an intersting design to smooth out the leg. I just hope it doesn't become a floppy mess that never stays in place after 2 or 3 transformations.

Just noticed that the interior of the legs are painted dark grey. Cool. Anyone else see the canard sticking out? Either it swung out on a loose joint or they forgot to fold it back when transforming it. Also noticed that the upper legs don't have a cutaway to accommodate the chest, and the lower chest looks like it's a separate piece that moves. :)

The more little details like this that I notice, the more I anticipate its arrival.